Cove Rangers v Edinburgh City 03/08/2019

Well what a time to be alive. The title decider on the first weekend. I'm sure it'll be a cracker. It's such a shame I will miss it. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully there will be a huge crowd to witness this historic moment.

45 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Well what a time to be alive. The title decider on the first weekend. I'm sure it'll be a cracker. It's such a shame I will miss it. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully there will be a huge crowd to witness this historic moment.

Surely be all ticket 

Thank God the Betfred cup is out the way and the real action starts on Saturday!

Looking at the recent Betfred results I can only see a home win here.

Cove **** are in good form with some impressive results, whereas City look very average and have been toothless recently.

I would take a draw away right now but expect Cove to win comfortably 2-0.

Few of us heading up on Saturday, looking forward to ticking off a new ground (all recommendations as to how we should structure our pre-match pints will be gratefully received). We’ll just make sure there’s a spare seat on the way home for the league trophy.....

Hoping for a repeat of the score last time we played Cove up there

7 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Few of us heading up on Saturday, looking forward to ticking off a new ground (all recommendations as to how we should structure our pre-match pints will be gratefully received). We’ll just make sure there’s a spare seat on the way home for the league trophy.....

Drink in the centre and number 3 bus.

1 hour ago, marello said:

apparently the fan zone in the cove social club is welcoming to away fans, although maybe the cowden hordes should try somewhere else...also check out the long cove v berwick play off thread, loads of views on pubs there

We will be in the social club on 17th. We will adopt the cove greetings they gave us, throwing tea urns and fire extinguishers around the building.😂

cant wait to  meet the cove hordes. 

5 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Is there a supporters' bus going up and would there be any seats available on it at all?

3 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Could we go a whole season without a cove fan posting on their own threads!?!

I suspect they're trying to be the old Pink Floyd or late Greta Garbo of football fandom. Mysteriously anonymous. Never seen on Fitbanorth either.

Pre match pints (assuming you are getting the train up and have a bit of time). Head to the Stag first, then to the Grill, then the Bridge Bar ending in Aitchies - which is round the corner from the bus stop. Cut the Bridge Bar if you are tight for time. The buses are every 10 minutes or so from Guild Street (right where the train station leads on to). Number 3 as stated above.

Avoid going to the ground until as close to kick off as possible. 

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect they're trying to be the old Pink Floyd or late Greta Garbo of football fandom. Mysteriously anonymous. Never seen on Fitbanorth either.

I think it was Winston Churchill who once said "Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and have it confirmed".

I don't think Clyde fans are familiar with this quote... :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Could we go a whole season without a cove fan posting on their own threads!?!

Plenty of Cowdenbeath fans to make up for their absence...

On 30/07/2019 at 17:41, Zen Archer Esq. said:

They are the Schrodingers cat  of matchday comestibles, being mince and shite at the same time.

if I open up the crust will I find the remains of Schrodinger's cat inside?