Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
an86

Stirling Albion v Queen's Park

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I've decided to skip the whole report after reading the last couple.  I doubt they would have got a gig writing for our long defunct fanzine "The Web" and to think the committee banned that from being sold at Hampden

Bring back Quentin Parker, Hampden's very own Sir Bufton Tufton! Seriously, I had no idea that the committee had banned "The Web" from being sold inside the ground. I've still got a few copies somewhere.

If we had to rely on the mainstream media for coverage of QP games we would be well and truly screwed, so tip of the chapeau to QP's media and Pie & Bovril.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting back to the match, I thought Galt was having a quiet game by his standards. He was working hard as usual but he was looking a bit affected by his booking. He wasn't taking his man on and was struggling to make an impact.......then he bangs in the goal with his left foot before nonchalantly smacking the post with a 30 yard free kick 😂 Special player who we're lucky to have 

Edited by Mick1867

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Getting back to the match, I thought Galt was having a quiet game by his standards. He was working hard as usual but he was looking a bit affected by his booking. He wasn't taking his man on and was struggling to make an impact.......then he bangs in the goal with his left foot before nonchalantly smacking the post with a 30 yard free kick 😂 Special player who we're lucky to have 

Definitely in my top three all time greats at QP from my time watching, which is mid 90s onwards. Hope he sticks around at the club for years to come. His enthusiasm for the game is clear in how he talks about his coaching and he's never shy in highlighting really important issues like mental health. A class act on and off the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your whataboutery here is on par with some of the more fantastical elements of the Old Firm support!

My comment about "Homer" and "Gulliver" really seems to have hurt your feelings.

Having a go at volunteers will get a reaction; don't gripe about that if it happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bizarre Homer and Gulliver angle on QP's official match reports has, for several years, brought this clip to mind for me:-

 

Overall, it's good to see QPSA (and, to some extent, HD) having another meltdown. There really is just something about Stenhousemuir:-

 

QPSA meltdown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the highlights today and agree with whats been said about the ref - Got the major calls right. Thats why I rarely shout at referees at matches. He probably has a better angle and usually turns out to be right to be honest.

That goal was shocking. Why a defender didnt step out to close down is beyond me!

Rutkiewicz's post match comments slightly worrying if he thinks we were in it... We had 1 shot on target, almost a passback to their keeper. We were beyond useless in the final 3rd. Our crossing was woeful. Queens Park on the otherhand ground out a result - They took their chance that we gave them, our keeper had to make a great save with our player hooking it off the line afterwards.

Any hopes of promotion for us and we need to go and beat Cowdenbeath this weekend coming. Cant lose first 2 games against teams that finished behind us last season and expect to get promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2019 at 13:53, dave_binos said:


Barely a peep from you until you scored. Then around 150 singing. You did bring through decent numbers though and deserved the win.

Fixed it for you😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Getting back to the match, I thought Galt was having a quiet game by his standards. He was working hard as usual but he was looking a bit affected by his booking. He wasn't taking his man on and was struggling to make an impact.......then he bangs in the goal with his left foot before nonchalantly smacking the post with a 30 yard free kick 😂 Special player who we're lucky to have 

Interesting tactic at that free kick. Like the parting of the red sea. Or navy blue in this case. Had a chuckle at the defenders all following the QP players rather than blocking the obvious route of the shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any word on whether Kevin Nicol has stopped waddling after Galt yet? By my calculations, he'd have reached the edge of the penalty area by some point early on Tuesday morning at the pace he was chasing at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Me neither. Maybe there is another reason why TMWNN is comparing them?

I see them as similar as both fail to use their physical attributes to their advantage. Smart had pace but seemed to time just being second to the ball to perfection. Alfie is a powerful lad who never knocks anyone out of the way or strike any powerful shots. 

Both can do more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

I see them as similar as both fail to use their physical attributes to their advantage. Smart had pace but seemed to time just being second to the ball to perfection. Alfie is a powerful lad who never knocks anyone out of the way or strike any powerful shots. 

Both can do more!

Smart Osadolor was 27 years old when he joined us and had played around 80 senior appearances. Alfredo Agyeman is 19 years old and has played 18 minutes of senior league football. There's almost literally no comparison between the two and it's certainly ludicrously early to suggest Agyeman "never" does a certain thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, an86 said:

Any word on whether Kevin Nicol has stopped waddling after Galt yet? By my calculations, he'd have reached the edge of the penalty area by some point early on Tuesday morning at the pace he was chasing at. 

He's a great ball winner, when the ball is within a yard of him.

That tackle for the red card is absolutely dreadful by the way. Could have seriously injured the QP player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, an86 said:

Smart Osadolor was 27 years old when he joined us and had played around 80 senior appearances. Alfredo Agyeman is 19 years old and has played 18 minutes of senior league football. There's almost literally no comparison between the two and it's certainly ludicrously early to suggest Agyeman "never" does a certain thing. 

Never for Alfie, I agree is too strong. Hasn't would have been better. He has plenty of time to develop and improve. Hopefully that will start tonight. Looking for him to impose himself on the Celtic defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having now watched the Highlights, I would just like to change my match day post and say that McGeachie definitely deserved his red. The angle I had, it looked as though he put his leg across the front of him, which I why I couldn’t understand the decision at the time, however the footage clearly shows a jump and a reckless dive into the player.

In the 7 or 8 seasons as a First Team Player, I can’t remember him being sent off, so I’m sure he can be forgiven for this one, the big worry now is, with Jordan McGregor reported as injured and Gareth Rodger not being on the bench on Saturday, who’s going to fill in for the next 3 games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Alfie is a powerful lad who never knocks anyone out of the way or strike any powerful shots. 

 

From what I've seen so far, he can definitely improve on his shooting/finishing however he has certainly put himself about, especially in the league cup games. He won't jump much for the ball in the air but there were guys bouncing off him. Just when you think he's been muscled out he finds a way to get the ball back.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't see the incident but the reaction of the QP players said it all. You don't get that kind of response unless it's a really bad foul.


Totally disagree. Once QP scored they seemed to start some sort of routine to break up the game. All three at the back rushed forward together, in my opinion, to influence the ref to send of the player off quickly to “calm” the situation. The play acting kicked in at that stage. No way was the player who was tackled by McGeachie injured at all and did the whole fake limp thing that Maradona loved to do way back. He was battering-ramming everything within a minute or so again. Hmmmmm.
The booking Banner got was a joke, never touched the boy and when you watch the “injury” to the goalie on the video it only confirms that this was some sort of tactic to slow the game down. I have no memories of this sort of thing happening before QP scores.

Someone tried the mass rushing the ref to influence a sending off before at Forthbank. I’m beginning to think it was Queen’s Park. Did we beat you 2-1 with a late goal with 10 men at 1-1 back in January/February?

Mind you, QP deserved the points. Stirling were pretty rotten going forward. I spent Saturday night with the fear of finishing bottom. Wasn’t a good night. Let’s see if Darryl Duffy can organise us up front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray Vaughn said:

 


Totally disagree. Once QP scored they seemed to start some sort of routine to break up the game. All three at the back rushed forward together, in my opinion, to influence the ref to send of the player off quickly to “calm” the situation. The play acting kicked in at that stage. No way was the player who was tackled by McGeachie injured at all and did the whole fake limp thing that Maradona loved to do way back. He was battering-ramming everything within a minute or so again. Hmmmmm.
The booking Banner got was a joke, never touched the boy and when you watch the “injury” to the goalie on the video it only confirms that this was some sort of tactic to slow the game down. I have no memories of this sort of thing happening before QP scores.

Someone tried the mass rushing the ref to influence a sending off before at Forthbank. I’m beginning to think it was Queen’s Park. Did we beat you 2-1 with a late goal with 10 men at 1-1 back in January/February?

 

 

Aw diddums. .....where does it say in the laws of the game that it's only a straight red card if a player is injured?

We drew 1-1 with you at Forthbank on 19 January and nobody was sent off that day. Good effort though   

Edited by Mick1867

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aw diddums. .....where does it say in the laws of the game that it's only a straight red card if a player is injured?
We drew 1-1 with you at Forthbank on 19 January and nobody was sent off that day. Good effort though   


Someone did it last season and we had a game where an Albion player was sent off in haste. Will need to trawl last season’s games to think who it was. Genuinely can’t remember which team it was at the moment but it seems to be a tactic some teams are using.

I see you didn’t address the severe injury to your goalkeeper. That poor soul souls be on the phone to DigbyBrown by now such was the viciousness of the assault.

Anyway, QP deserves the points and the Albion have hopefully brought in a striker to score double figures this season and keep us up (such is my ambition for this season)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...