Stirling Albion v Queen's Park

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Is it "Homer" and "Gulliver" still writing the Queen's Park match reports? How on earth they ever made it onto the official site is beyond me. It reads more like a fan's blog than something from an official website.

"Big Alfie", "our Salim". Rubbish.

Why don't you take it up with them directly at Hampden next week. They sit in the journalist section. Or you could put a post up in the Self-Important Pseudo Journo forum.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

All these people upset about whether a player is called this or that.  People get nicknames in every sphere of life; football is no different.  As long as it's not offensive, who cares?

You can sense-check that theory on the Stenhousemuir FC site if you can find a match report. Five games in, none nor any video. If only they had some dedicated volunteers who would give up their spare time on a weekends. They're advertising for new cameraman too.  

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Id be inclined to start Alfie next week against Stenny for the expense of Purdue. Although Purdue was outstanding in the Betfred cup, he really didnt have the desired effect yesterday and the likes of Galt and Salim really thrived when Alfie was introduced. Overall, a really positive start and once Gibson, Clark and Thompson are amongst the team, we’re gonna have a really strong squad 

I like Alfie but not at the expense of Purdue who is a player. Agreed he did not shine as he can yesterday(off day?) but having proven his ability in the last few games he is way ahead technically than Alfie who tends to be a bit hit or miss imo. 

In any case nice to have a choice .......

Solid performance yesterday and what I notice vs last season is level of commitment and tempo ---- based on what I've seen so far feeling upbeat .

Keep it going Queens !.

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

I like Alfie but not at the expense of Purdue who is a player. Agreed he did not shine as he can yesterday(off day?) but having proven his ability in the last few games he is way ahead technically than Alfie who tends to be a bit hit or miss imo. 

In any case nice to have a choice .......

Solid performance yesterday and what I notice vs last season is level of commitment and tempo ---- based on what I've seen so far feeling upbeat .

Keep it going Queens !.

I agree. Alfie is very similar to Smart for me. When you first see him you think wow! but the more you see him you get frustrated as you think he should be doing more than he does.

He needs to deliver more and is behind Jack, Salim and Kieranfor me.

23 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

I agree. Alfie is very similar to Smart for me. When you first see him you think wow! but the more you see him you get frustrated as you think he should be doing more than he does.

He needs to deliver more and is behind Jack, Salim and Kieranfor me.

Don’t really see the comparison with Smart. Smart never really had much skill on the ball, it was more his hard work that made him effective. There was never a moment I thought “wow”

I can understand people having Salim and Purdue ahead but not Moore. I like Moore but he’s not done enough yet when given the opportunity when he’s started in the cup so far. Alfie has genuine quality on the ball and has a load of potential based on what I’ve seen. Salim and Alfie is my preferred frontline 

Edited by qpfc

6 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Is it "Homer" and "Gulliver" still writing the Queen's Park match reports? How on earth they ever made it onto the official site is beyond me. It reads more like a fan's blog than something from an official website.

tenor.png

20 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

however we got the raw deal with McGeachie being Sent Off and not 1 QP player was booked when the cavalry went flying in afterwards.

After the red card he showed a further two yellow cards, one to a Stirling player and one to QP's Little.

After the red card he showed a further two yellow cards, one to a Stirling player and one to QP's Little.

Thank JT1867, I didn’t see the QP yellow but then I was chatting to my son at the same time so obviously missed that. Cammy Thomson was booked for something he said as the ref was walking away.

12 hours ago, qpfc said:

Don’t really see the comparison with Smart. Smart never really had much skill on the ball, it was more his hard work that made him effective. There was never a moment I thought “wow”

Me neither. Maybe there is another reason why TMWNN is comparing them?

17 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Why don't you take it up with them directly at Hampden next week. They sit in the journalist section. Or you could put a post up in the Self-Important Pseudo Journo forum.

To be fair, Homer and Gulliver are founder members of that forum. A lot of what they write is cringey bollocks, you have to wade through paragraphs of self-indulgence before any relevant comment on the match. However when you find out that they both used to write for local Old Firm comic the Evening Times then it all makes sense  

Just because they are volunteers doesn't put them beyond criticism.  I actually find the match reports much better and far more informative when both of them are on holiday      

To be fair, Homer and Gulliver are founder members of that forum. A lot of what they write is cringey bollocks, you have to wade through paragraphs of self-indulgence before any relevant comment on the match. However when you find out that they both used to write for local Old Firm comic the Evening Times then it all makes sense  
Just because they are volunteers doesn't put them beyond criticism.  I actually find the match reports much better and far more informative when both of them are on holiday      

I wouldn’t argue with much of that but unless someone else steps forward then they’ve every right to write in their style, quirky as it might be.

What’s definitely not right is a fan of a club, not involved in the match thread, throwing stones when their own little glasshouse hasn’t had a match report, good or bad, since last season. If Fabregas loves Stenny and has such a high standard of match reporting why isn’t he spending his spare time helping his club rather than coming on here taking cheap shots at QP volunteers.

As was said at the recent meeting we are run like a professional club. As a media package; programme, website, Twitter, Facebook and QPTV our club is well above par. Glasshouse, stones etc.

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As a media package; programme, website, Twitter, Facebook and QPTV our club is well above par. 

I agree with that. It's really good and the likes of Sean and Ian have done fantastic work on it, especially Facebook and Twitter. 

The QP media package has been very good both in the run up to the season and since the season started, especially the twitter page with its embedded videos. There's Go Pro videos of action from matches online not all that long after the games have finished plus  Mark Roberts' views of the game. Ian Cairns' photos on Facebook are always outstanding plus QPTV is doing sterling work.

As for Homer and Gulliver, I've learned over the years to simply skip the first few paragraphs of their reports and go straight to the actual match action.

Edited by Spidersmad

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I wouldn’t argue with much of that but unless someone else steps forward then they’ve every right to write in their style, quirky as it might be.

What’s definitely not right is a fan of a club, not involved in the match thread, throwing stones when their own little glasshouse hasn’t had a match report, good or bad, since last season. If Fabregas loves Stenny and has such a high standard of match reporting why isn’t he spending his spare time helping his club rather than coming on here taking cheap shots at QP volunteers.

As was said at the recent meeting we are run like a professional club. As a media package; programme, website, Twitter, Facebook and QPTV our club is well above par. Glasshouse, stones etc.

Your whataboutery here is on par with some of the more fantastical elements of the Old Firm support!

My comment about "Homer" and "Gulliver" really seems to have hurt your feelings.

47 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

As for Homer and Gulliver, I've learned over the years to simply skip the first few paragraphs of their reports and go straight to the actual match action.

I've decided to skip the whole report after reading the last couple.  I doubt they would have got a gig writing for our long defunct fanzine "The Web" and to think the committee banned that from being sold at Hampden

Edited by Mick1867