Stirling Albion v Queen's Park

On 30/07/2019 at 11:32, Skeletar Spider said:

Reluctantly letting the pedant in me take the reins here, but is there a reason why people insist on calling Agyeman, Kouider-Aissa and Lidouren by their first names but most other players by their surnames? Noticed the same thing last season with Osadolor.

Can't speak for others but Salim, Alfie, Joffers, and Smart are all  big muckers of mine.

I used to call the team masseur by his surname because I thought he was a p***k

Edited by Mick1867

16 hours ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Ok guys

Best wishes to both teams for the season ahead.  A long season ahead but I have  good feeling about this game.

We have played well against Alloa and Hibs and when our best 11 are on the field we even matched Hibernian.

2-1 Home win

Need to get off to a good start today as we have a tough opening spell, 2 away games after today. Team news Jordan McGregor is out, just hope who fills in at centre back does the job. 

Lets start the season off on a high 2-0 Binos.😉 

Edited by rhliston

0-0 at half time; not much happening except some p***k stole the salt and pepper from the pie stall. Oh, and the heavy metal on the tannoy is bloody rank.

The Galt incident looked a stone wall penalty. Another keen ref that runs about like Willie Collum and wants everyone to know he's in charge.

Fantastic start. My main fear for us was inexperience and naivety. It was a bit of a battle and we dug in brilliantly. The spine of our team has extremely limited league experience and we were so solid. Stirling created practically nothing. 

Lidouren was outstanding in the centre of the park. A wee guy, but absolutely loves a tackle and can play a bit as well. What more can be said about Galt? Not his best game, but only needs that moment or two of class to deliver and he did. Could have just walked directly off the park and announced his retirement it that outrageous free kick had gone in.

Cast iron red for the Stirling boy as well. Absolute shocker on Alfie. Liked what I saw in the reaction to it as well. Getting right in opposition faces. Felt we really lacked that last season. Ref wasn't consistent. If Galt is booked, the Stirling guy should be booked for the same offence. Not booking the left back when Alfie sent him for his messages was equally baffling. 

To get results at this level, you need to battle and be organised. We did that brilliantly today and played a wee bit in the second half. Very early days and not getting carried away with one result, but I'm absolutely delighted with that. 

1 hour ago, headthebaw said:

I think Queens just edged it today but very little in it with neither side creating much.

Another dreadful performance from a referee.

A poor start for us. Looks like it's going to be another long season.

Felt Queens created more chances than us today, Currie saved us when he turned a header onto the bar and the free kick that came off the post just as well for us. 

The ref was TERRIBLE one of the worst performances I have seen in many a year, the penalty claim we had in the second half either it was a penalty or the player dived and he should be booked but he just waved play on. The sending off imo was a bit harsh, a foul no doubt but a straight red no way, yellow at best. 

Early days just hope we can regroup and get a result against Cowdenbeath next week. 

Happy with that. Albion can't be cheery about letting Galt run right through them.

Hit the bar and the post and were never really troubled at the back.

Crackpot challenge for the sending off. Albion generally looked puffed out with 20 to go; another game where we finished looking the fitter.

So despondent at the moment, another 90 minutes without creating a clear cut chance.

Well done QP, in another thread I tipped you for a second bottom finish but if you can keep that up then there is no way you’ll finish there.

QP deserved their win today, but by Christ we gave them the goal. I’m not going to blame Nichol for giving the ball away, these things happen, but not 1 player closed Gait down, that was school boy Defending.

The ref was atrocious throughout but at least it was for both teams for large parts of the game, however we got the raw deal with McGeachie being Sent Off and not 1 QP player was booked when the cavalry went flying in afterwards. It became even more laughable when players started telling him the rules or the things he forgot, that’s just total incompetence. Can’t complain to much however, he wasn’t the reason we lost the game.

I really want KR to be the man, talk the talk and walk the walk but fear for another long long season [emoji22]

10 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Happy with that. Albion can't be cheery about letting Galt run right through them.

Hit the bar and the post and were never really troubled at the back.

Crackpot challenge for the sending off. Albion generally looked puffed out with 20 to go; another game where we finished looking the fitter.

I thought QP deserved the win. Galt In particular is a class above and the number 7 also looked pretty tidy. 

Only thing I’ll say is don’t get your hopes up that your defence is looking good based on playing us  — we played 1 up front and gave him no service, I think the lack of chances says more about us than it does about QP. 

Lastly the ref was just horrendous. I almost never mention referees as I think you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth and they’re only human etc... but this guy was beyond awful. 

Ref was pretty inconsistent but it probably would have been the same result with a competent ref. Least he understood the drop ball rule unlike most of the players!

Queens Park deserved the win but we did hand it to them. That looked like a 0-0 in the making.

Stirling were dredful yesterday. Think its going to be a tough season for us going by that (and maybe a tough season for Queens Park too). Did we even have a shot on target?

Thought Banner had a good game...

17 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Not even a rip in my trousers!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair though, I think Stirling can claim an assist by only playing one of our former "deadly duo", and him for only 10 minutes.

Well done players and management for  getting a well merited win yesterday. After a sticky first half the  new players stepped  it  up second half to get the win. As has been said it looked like a 0-0 until Mark made  a  bold decision to bring Alfie on to get the win. Lindouren in the middle was class but we've got so much more to give once  the new guys  settle into this level of football.  

11 minutes ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Well done players and management for  getting a well merited win yesterday. After a sticky first half the  new players stepped  it  up second half to get the win. As has been said it looked like a 0-0 until Mark made  a  bold decision to bring Alfie on to get the win. Lindouren in the middle was class but we've got so much more to give once  the new guys  settle into this level of football.  

Gibby and Clark still to return and young Regan Thomson sure to be involved as well. I'd be surprised if we're finished on the signing front, too.