Stirling Albion v Queen's Park

A solid, impressive League Cup campaign from us and a real mixed bag from Stirling. History tells us that it probably isn't too relevant in the relation to the real stuff getting underway. 

We're very inexperienced, but there looks to be some decent ability among the new boys. Nobody has looked like they're not ready for league football. I expect we probably haven't finished in terms of new additions either. 

Said it before, but this is the biggest season in our history with the big changes ahead for the club. It's imperative that we stay in the league this season and some points on the board early on would settle some nerves and hopefully look up the table. 

Would take a draw just to get something on the board, but there's no reason why we can't win the game if we can carry the cup campaign form forward. With two ex QP strikers in the Stirling side, I can't see what could possibly go wrong..... 

Edited by an86

4 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

ICan't see our ex players being much of a threat.

We may hope that Willie, we may even believe that, but history suggests we should never ever come out and say that.

image.png.9aa76306dd6ea58382fe7cf9685f7d14.png

11 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I would be disappointed if we were to lose this match. We have started brightly but this is the big picture. Can't see our ex players being much of a threat. We have replaced with better. 2-1 Queens to get off to a winning start.

Far too early to judge whether the new guys are better. Been good in the cup games, but we've all seen our share of pre-season Messi's before. 

Sal has surely shown himself as first choice at striker. Joff in behind him and I'd be inclined to start Luke Main who looked more interested than Block on Sunday but maybe Mark'll go for a bit more experience. Jamieson and Little is a given, still a bit nervy about both wing backs tbh. Good moves through the middle (anyone know what Alfie's actual position is) but I'd like to see a mix of that and both wings being used better.

Binos had an early summer signing spree but the word from the boot room is there's no hidden treasures. Blistering starts aren't a trademark for QP but our first few fixtures offer hope of a winning start to push on from before August is done. 3-1 QP.

Its going to be an interesting game at Forthbank this Saturday, the Binos not had the greatest of starts in the League Cup tbf, but the League is a different ball game and we need to hit the ground running on Saturday against a Queens side who had a better start than us. 

Cant see many goals in this game but hopefully we have enough to get the 3 points and build up our confidence for our march to League 1. 😉 

Prediction Binos 2 Queens 0 

Can't see our ex players being much of a threat.

I was fearful that that would be the case. The signings of Hawke and Peters didn’t fill me with hope, and looking at the squad, I struggle to see goals. However, it’s a clean slate for both, so we wait and see. Salim was appalling during his time at Forthbank and there are a few comments from Queens Park fans saying he looks a player, we can only hope that something similar happens with your ex-players.

Anyway, hoping for a win, would be great form everyone associated with the club if we could start with a bang.

Reluctantly letting the pedant in me take the reins here, but is there a reason why people insist on calling Agyeman, Kouider-Aissa and Lidouren by their first names but most other players by their surnames? Noticed the same thing last season with Osadolor.

12 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Reluctantly letting the pedant in me take the reins here, but is there a reason why people insist on calling Agyeman, Kouider-Aissa and Lidouren by their first names but most other players by their surnames? Noticed the same thing last season with Osadolor.

Because it's easier to remember how to pronounce and spell their first names.  I don't think there's any insistence about it.

Edited by Chester Desmond

7 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Because it's easier to remember how to pronounce and spell their first names.  I don't think there's any insistence about it.

Kouider-Aissa I'll grant you, I've had to look that one up a few times to make sure it was right, and mibbe Lidouren in terms of pronunciation, but neither Agyeman nor Osadolor are hard to spell or pronounce. In any case, I think if guys are playing for us, as a rule we should probably know their names.

McKernon fairly commonly referred to as Jambo as well tbf. I get what you're saying, though. Anything outside of commonly used names and folk go for the "easier" name of the two. Guilty of it myself, more so in written form, because I'm too lazy to check and will probably get it wrong. 

2 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

On my post I have a logical explanation. Alfie and Salim are easier to type. I said Jamieson as I wasn't sure if it was Nicky or Nickie and Nicholas was way too formal!

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

Gus was always Gus. 

Don't think it matters really. It's when folk call Alfie Archie that we need worry. 

Anyway, Stirling v QP. 

Was more worried about an unnamed IBF grandee of this portal going with "Joffers."

8 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

You calling us antiracists?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On the subject of our players names (sorry to Stirling supporters that we've hijacked the match thread for this) I may have miss heard, but I'm sure I noticed a number of people (I.e. our players an coaches etc.) addressing to Magee as "Lubo" (I'm taking a stab at the spelling there). Also in the match report on our website, I noticed that Salim was repeatedly referred to as "Our Salim". No idea why, perhaps theres a joke or reference I'm missing.