Livi v Motherwell

First 20 all Motherwell, last 15 all Livi. Gillespie going wandering a few times which is concerning and Dunne is not playing well at all.

Scott proving his inexperience and getting dragged too deep leaving us no out ball and when Dunne hoofs it long we lose it straight away. He'd be my first sub for Long with Ilic close behind him, he's on a booking and with his penchant for going down like a sack of tatties he's on a tightrope.

Big turnaround needed here and also, big shout out to Livi's number 20 for his corner routine. First class.

4 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I’m going to start the ball rolling on the Livi bingo, well actually if I’m being accurate it won’t be rolling, bobbling is more appropriate.

Pitch is disgraceful. Utterly abysmal.

Yaaasssss

giphy.gif.557776c81f564be90d70c87ecdd5d41e.gif

On 29/07/2019 at 14:12, MJC said:

0-0.

On 29/07/2019 at 14:45, Londonwell said:

😂 quality. Fair play for your dedication MJC, it's to be admired. 

Well, well, well...who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

I suppose the positive to take from that was we didn't get beat and we've got Gillespie to thank for that, a superb performance from him. Passmarks go to big Gallagher too, a sound performance from him. Otherwise that was same old, same old with zero creativity and nothing offered up front.

Another long season ahead.

Edited by MJC

36 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well, well, well...who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

I suppose the positive to take from that was we didn't get beat and we've got Gillespie to thank for that, a superb performance from him. Passmarks go to big Gallagher too, a sound performance from him. Otherwise that was same old, same old with zero creativity and nothing offered up front.

Another long season ahead.

Absolutely delighted ^^^^^^

Bit gutted seeing Gallagher pinging about passes for someone else :(

Thought McMillan done really well at LB, if this Savane guy doesn't actually exist I'd be happy with us to continue with that back 4. Stewart made some good saves, makes me nervous with the ball at his feet and sometimes he makes the wrong choice at a cross, i.e. punching it when it should be a simple catch, but he kept a clean sheet and generally done well. Devlin had a good game too, got up the wing well, just a shame he didn't stick away that chance near the end. Bartley was excellent in midfield, some good passes and has a good burst of pace when he needs it. Souda will be a great player to watch this season, genuinely gutted that overhead kick never went in, good save from the Motherwell keeper though. Reckon Dykes will be a good player this season, if we can bring in a goalscorer for him to play beside we're laughing.

Wasn't surprised to see Ilic hooked at half time, he was a red card waiting to happen. Was really impressed by Seedorf and Hylton though. Think both teams are leaving this game feeling the same way: done well defensively but need to do better in the final third. Generally don't think we're much worse off from last season, still crying out for a goalscorer though.

Edited by LiviLion

Aye - it was a game at Livingston and was like all the games I've been to there in the last year - not great to watch. I thought Livi shaded it overall and certainly had the best of the midfield and probably shook our defence out of the Betfred comfort zone (good to get a 5th clean sheet in a row, doubt I've ever seen that before). 

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the away end (and the trestle table was doing a roaring trade when I passed) - a fucking crying shame that we didn't get a jump as I think it would have been a good one...

In terms of individual performances, not much to write home about- I thought Carroll had a decent game, Gallacher was ok and Campbell was his usual self - other than that, meh (I actually thought Gillespie looked uncharacteristically shaky today despite a couple of v decent stops).

Hopefully we can give Celtic a decent game next week... 

Well, that was positively underwhelming. I absolutely hate those days when you get to kick off and everything up to that point has set up for a cracking game of football, and then it just....isn't. 😕

A day like that, a crowd like that, you'd expect it would have the players in the mood to be absolutely on it and up for playing football, yet we were so flat and lacking in ideas.

One of those ones where being in the crowd was more enjoyable than the game in front of you.

8 hours ago, ropy said:

Parked in the school bus park, 5 minutes across the bridge, ticket picked up, now sitting in the sun

Parking at the school was a game changer, easy access to the ground and a quick get away, don’t tell anyone 

31 minutes ago, ropy said:

Parking at the school was a game changer, easy access to the ground and a quick get away, don’t tell anyone 

You're welcome.👍

Wasn't confident before the game as had no idea how we'd cope defensively, so delighted with the draw. And on that showing I think we'll do fine, we've still the same intensity in midfield, which gives opposition players no time to look up and make a pass, or get a clean shot on goal, yeah we could do with a goal scoring striker, but it's no different from last season and we did ok with others chipping in with goals. I really think we'll be underestimated again, which is fine. St Johnstone, Accies and St Mirren would be my bet for finishing below us.

Solid team performance from all the lads, impressed by Devlin, brilliant all game and gave his all.

Lithgow played really well and kept it simple, Souda  looks potentially a very good player, Dolly Menga upgrade for sure, Dykes gave us everything he had and tired later on, Pittman for me was the man of the match absolutely everywhere on the park.

Augers well for the rest of the season if we can continue to leave it all on the park, a good honest performance and everyone played their part, deserved to sneak the win in my opinion.