Livi v Motherwell

7 hours ago, MJC said:

Well, well, well...who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

How about you quote and hold your hands up when you get something wrong as well and then people may actual try and engage in a civil discussion with you. 

Where do you predict we finish in this long season ahead? 

23 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

That was shite.

The midfield won nothing during that and the front 3 were too predictable. Centre Forward looks like an issue for us too

Home attendance was poor too.

Sorry about that. 😏

Happy with the point but felt we maybe just edged it, Devlin chance was massive. 

Good hard earned point against a team that everyone is predicting to have a great season, good signs to take forward for the season. 

Shocker of a tackle on Devlin near the end, ref gave a yellow though so will escape any further punishment I presume that’s still the case ? 

Big game at St Johnstone next week already, can we rectify our away results starting with that ? It would be a massive result even at this early stage if we could. 

12 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Happy with the point but felt we maybe just edged it, Devlin chance was massive. 

Good hard earned point against a team that everyone is predicting to have a great season, good signs to take forward for the season. 

Shocker of a tackle on Devlin near the end, ref gave a yellow though so will escape any further punishment I presume that’s still the case ? 

Big game at St Johnstone next week already, can we rectify our away results starting with that ? It would be a massive result even at this early stage if we could. 

Isn't that just in England? I'm sure Talbot was booked for THAT tackle against Hearts but was retrospectively banned

10 hours ago, mwellhighland said:

How about you quote and hold your hands up when you get something wrong as well and then people may actual try and engage in a civil discussion with you. 

Where do you predict we finish in this long season ahead? 

I always do hold my hands up when I get something wrong.

Where will we finish? It's difficult to say because it'll depend on how the other strugglers will fare. I reckon it's going to be between ourselves, Accies and both Saints clubs to battle out to survive the drop this season and it's going to be a case of who's the least shite out of that crop who avoids the playoff and relegation spot, as depressing as that is. At very best we're looking at 9th I'd say.

Fair enough but I remember you from the Steelmen Online days when every season you predicted we'd be battling the drop and we'd constantly be finishing in top six. Next season you'd still say the same. 

You say a lot to interesting comments but it can be very frustrating to read. It's when you give matter of fact statements like "that's us out the cup as Hearts will beat us 100%".... that's annoying to read. Just give an opinion (like the last post) rather than fact. I'm guessing it was 100% posted fact Rangers would beat us in the playoffs as well. 

Happy enough with the result, thought we were going to get beaten by two or three. 

My first time seeing Pepe, hopefully he doesn't have to be utilised too much, first touch is shocking, thing he could do with going out on loan somewhere. I thought Lamie was good at CB, could really make the position his own. 

It would have been some introduction if that Souda overhead kick had gone in, looks like he could be very important for us this season. 

Not too convinced about Stewart in goals, kicking is a bit all over the place. Ideally I would like to see us bring in someone - definitely not going to happen though. I also think we could do with another CB and a striker.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Everyone except MJC on here.:lol:

As Capt Hooch says, the yellow card booking doesn't mean it can't be given a retrospective ban, wont happen though, a Livi v Motherwell game isn't going to be on anyone's radar, we'll barely get a mention on Sportscene, except to have a go at our pitch and say it was a rubbish game.

Looks like the only ones that enjoyed this game were Livi fans though, and that is prob because everyone thought we'd get a pumping, and we were pleasantly surprised on how well we stood up defensively. And  we can appreciate how our players play, stifling the opposition and not allowing them to play their normal game. The purists can't appreciate that sort of thing though, unless it's free flowing expansive football they just label it rubbish.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

34 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Fair enough but I remember you from the Steelmen Online days when every season you predicted we'd be battling the drop and we'd constantly be finishing in top six. Next season you'd still say the same. 

You say a lot to interesting comments but it can be very frustrating to read. It's when you give matter of fact statements like "that's us out the cup as Hearts will beat us 100%".... that's annoying to read. Just give an opinion (like the last post) rather than fact. I'm guessing it was 100% posted fact Rangers would beat us in the playoffs as well. 

I am glass half empty when it comes to Motherwell, I don't deny that. Sometimes my posts are knee jerk as a result of frustration, ie. my reaction to us drawing Hearts in the Cup, but I genuinely believe there are grounds for serious concern for us this season, given the early evidence.

The League Cup games were fairly flat and low key but we got the job done against very weak opposition and yesterday was as bad as anything we saw in the first half of last season, minus the hoofball tactics but we no longer have Main or Sammon so that would be even less effective going down that route. We have made a really good signing in Declan Gallagher and Liam Polworth has the potential to be decent too, although the was poor yesterday, but I'm afraid to say that the two wingers we have signed just won't cut it at this level. Neither can beat their man and in Seedorf's case he is too lightweight. We also have failed to address the striker issue, James Scott isn't ready to be our regular striker yet and I've seen nothing of Long to suggest he is the answer.

If my concerns do indeed come to fruition then this will be yet another failure by Robinson in the transfer market and unless results on the park pick up soon then we may need to consider his position.

I really don't see the seethe about the Carroll challenge at the end- if anything from the other side it looked like it should have went then other way in that Caroll was down first and Devlin jumped into him, I'll defer to those closer right enough but it was not the shocker that people are making out.

44 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

As Capt Hooch says, the yellow card booking doesn't mean it can't be given a retrospective ban, wont happen though, a Livi v Motherwell game isn't going to be on anyone's radar, we'll barely get a mention on Sportscene, except to have a go at our pitch and say it was a rubbish game.

Looks like the only ones that enjoyed this game were Livi fans though, and that is prob because everyone thought we'd get a pumping, and we were pleasantly surprised on how well we stood up defensively. And  we can appreciate how our players play, stifling the opposition and not allowing them to play their normal game. The purists can't appreciate that sort of thing though, unless it's free flowing expansive football they just label it rubbish.

I'd say we played some really nice football at times...the moves for Souda and Devlin's second half chances were a treat to watch

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I really don't see the seethe about the Carroll challenge at the end- if anything from the other side it looked like it should have went then other way in that Caroll was down first and Devlin jumped into him, I'll defer to those closer right enough but it was not the shocker that people are making out.

Happened right in front of where I was....boy was out of control when he made the tackle and lucky not to get a red or really hurt Devlin/himself. As mentioned earlier though....nothing will happen now as this game won't register high on the Sportscene importance scale. Perhaps if Devlin got injured there would be more uproar but he got up fairly quick. Enjoyable game and nice to see us being as strong second half as we were in the first after our previous performances this season. If we can keep that level up I think we'll be ok....another striker wouldn't go amiss though. As for Pepe....he needs to take some learning from Lithgow and Lamie and just get the ball away from dangerous areas...he's trying to be a baller when he shout be putting his foot through it.

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd say we played some really nice football at times...the moves for Souda and Devlin's second half chances were a treat to watch

Happened right in front of where I was....boy was out of control when he made the tackle and lucky not to get a red or really hurt Devlin/himself. As mentioned earlier though....nothing will happen now as this game won't register high on the Sportscene importance scale. Perhaps if Devlin got injured there would be more uproar but he got up fairly quick. Enjoyable game and nice to see us being as strong second half as we were in the first after our previous performances this season. If we can keep that level up I think we'll be ok....another striker wouldn't go amiss though. As for Pepe....he needs to take some learning from Lithgow and Lamie and just get the ball away from dangerous areas...he's trying to be a baller when he shout be putting his foot through it.

Yeah as well as the usual closing down and pressing in midfield, we showed we can pass it about and get in on goal with through balls. Dunno what Robinson was gibbering about in his post match comments, about us firing balls into the box from all over the pitch, we had a few good balls threaded through to get in on goal and I saw no evidence of us just punting balls into their box. In fact i'd say Motherwell were more into that kind os thing than us.

22 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

EBHb1sJXsAA1kxv.jpg

Definitely should have been a Motherwell free kick.

Aww

48451765866_0a9fd7bd91_b.jpg&key=bb5161998cc8d5d56bff00c29ac10f7ca8d5f3580f13282f40bf2a3293c4a84a and again, shucks
48451923132_d8b6a47dc7_b.jpg&key=209033473eacc293e197d21c3c2e024df709e60ee99e89126773f5a326467db9 We still love you big Deccy.:wub:
I did enjoy the bit at the start of the 2nd half where the number 20 had a go at Gallagher and then a bit of poo came out as he realised that wasn't such a good idea.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Honestly I don’t understand how anyone can enjoy football on that abomination of a pitch. Maybe Livi fans are happy because they are now used to it and the style of football it brings. Last  seasons cup game  was spent guessing how high the rubber would reach every time the ball was kicked, we were told it would bed in and get better, it certainly has not. You can’t play good football on the ground regardless, the surface does not allow that to happen. I get that it’s about money and Livi don’t have the support to sustain top flight football without it but my god the sooner these synthetic pitches are banned in top flight football in Scotland the better. Sorry but I don’t go to games to watch players trying to stifle good flowing football, I go to actually enjoy watching good  football. This is the Premiership, not Scottish league two.

1 minute ago, Yorky said:

Honestly I don’t understand how anyone can enjoy football on that abomination of a pitch. Maybe Livi fans are happy because they are now used to it and the style of football it brings. Last  seasons cup game  was spent guessing how high the rubber would reach every time the ball was kicked, we were told it would bed in and get better, it certainly has not. You can’t play good football on the ground regardless, the surface does not allow that to happen. I get that it’s about money and Livi don’t have the support to sustain top flight football without it but my god the sooner these synthetic pitches are banned in top flight football in Scotland the better. Sorry but I don’t go to games to watch players trying to stifle good flowing football, I go to actually enjoy watching good  football. This is the Premiership, not Scottish league two.

16244AB7-F959-491A-890E-7A438714BBBA.gif.1893992c0b071650bfb738b82b00699e.gif.446927e3b342e315b75b312b3157590b.gif