Livi v Motherwell

Tough opening game for us but it'll give us a good idea how our defence will hold up. Pepe gives me the fear so I hope McMillan gets the nod over him and we line up Devlin-McMillan-Lithgow-Lamie as our back four. Not sure if Devane's international clearance is through yet but I don't think Lamie deserves to be dropped, and i'm hoping his goal scoring form continues into the league.

I'd be delighted with a draw here (not feeling very confident of us winning it),  and it'll be strange see big Dec playing against us too.

Looking forward to this - it will be a better test of the new team but we should be as confident & ready for the season as we are ever going to be. 

I'd expect Hylton & Ilic to start on the wings, Scott up front and although Campbell and Donnelly are probably nailed-on to start, I'm interested to see if Sloth gets the nod too...

6 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

£25 a ticket?

I'll catch the highlights I'm afraid

Hadn't noticed that - seems a significant increase on last year - seem to recall PATG was between £10 and £22 however I could be wrong. Also with the new ticketing system there's a £1 booking fee although the system does appear to work pretty well unlike some others.

Going to be interesting seeing Declan back at the 'Vale. It was probably right that he moved on with Halkett having gone to Hearts; needs a strong captain to work alongside him and keep his temper in check. If he'd stayed with us I think he would have ended up being sent off a few times whilst Lithgow found his feet (and authority).

Unfortunately there's so many of our new players still needing to settle in; our midfield is as strong as ever if not more so; Attack shows promised but most supporters concern seems to resolve around the defence. With one clean sheet in the Betfred against a suitably poor Berwick we absolutely have to look to a flat three defence and two wing-backs.

Even a poor Motherwell side always seem to give us a good game and this season they could be a team to watch. With the poor showing of both St Johnstone and Killie recently, and the less-than-impressive form of the Edinburgh sides, its quite feasible to see Motherwell flittering around 4th or 5th in the league. Hopefully we can put a dent in that but personally I'd hope for a draw. Our forward line are still settling in as are our defence.

55 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Hadn't noticed that - seems a significant increase on last year - seem to recall PATG was between £10 and £22 however I could be wrong. Also with the new ticketing system there's a £1 booking fee although the system does appear to work pretty well unlike some others.

Going to be interesting seeing Declan back at the 'Vale. It was probably right that he moved on with Halkett having gone to Hearts; needs a strong captain to work alongside him and keep his temper in check. If he'd stayed with us I think he would have ended up being sent off a few times whilst Lithgow found his feet (and authority).

Unfortunately there's so many of our new players still needing to settle in; our midfield is as strong as ever if not more so; Attack shows promised but most supporters concern seems to resolve around the defence. With one clean sheet in the Betfred against a suitably poor Berwick we absolutely have to look to a flat three defence and two wing-backs.

Even a poor Motherwell side always seem to give us a good game and this season they could be a team to watch. With the poor showing of both St Johnstone and Killie recently, and the less-than-impressive form of the Edinburgh sides, its quite feasible to see Motherwell flittering around 4th or 5th in the league. Hopefully we can put a dent in that but personally I'd hope for a draw. Our forward line are still settling in as are our defence.

If Pepe is playing then i'd tip him and Dec being red carded after a wee bit of handbags and raised hands.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Think Devlin will be up against Dec; him or Souda.

They'll meet whenever there's a set piece in either box, i'd imagine Dec will be marking Pepe or Lithgow. Devlin has a bit of a temper too right enough, seen him having a pop at Pepe in Betfred games, and getting a mouthful back.:jerry

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

They'll meet whenever there's a set piece in either box, i'd imagine Dec will be marking Pepe or Lithgow. Devlin has a bit of a temper too right enough, seen him having a pop at Pepe in Betfred games, and getting a mouthful back.:jerry

Yes - I was under the impression that  Pepe was meant to have very little English in his vocabulary - how accurate that was; he certainly had learnt two words common in use in the Scottish footballing world (and wider community). :oops

I’m worried about this one: up against a strong Motherwell team here who have put a few past us recently, albeit with the aid of some pretty calamitous defending from us, and we don’t seem to have a settled side yet.

While i think it’s unclear how our season will pan out, I think Motherwell might edge into the top 6.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

I seem to remember the PATG price was around £24 last season. The pricing seems to be in line with most Premiership clubs too.

19 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I seem to remember the PATG price was around £24 last season. The pricing seems to be in line with most Premiership clubs too.

that's my moan at the pricing though. It's too fucking dear in general.

First game of the season , and first of many routine victories as the Claret and Amber juggernaut begins to power it's classy , swashbuckling path to a cup win and top 6 finish , with our unbreakable defence recording yet another clean sheet . 0-3 .

Either that or another scrappy shitfest on the plastic park .

Away win. Really uninspired by how we’ve looked thus far, certainly think Pepe is a calamity waiting to happen and would be far better served by having Lamie AND Lithgow next to him. Would also allow us to maybe even play two up front which has been painfully obvious from the games so far in the Cup (even Saturday).

You never know, but Motherwell gave us a few ridings last season and have made some smart signings. Personally, can’t wait for the first fan in the home end to call Declan Gallagher shite without a hint of irony.