Clyde vs East Fife

Looking back at the highlights, frustrating that McNiff never managed to cut out that cross field ball which left him 2 v 1 which ultimately led to the equaliser. It looked a simple header if he jumped an inch or 2.

As an aside, why is Cuddihy taking our freekicks in shooting positions? He took one the other week (against Queen's Park?) and smashed that straight into the wall as well. I know Rankin would normally be our first choice but surely someone else is better than Cuddihy?

To be honest I think many of us (Clyde fans) are overreacting a wee bit. On reflection I think we were ok, first game at home against a decent experienced side and we competed.
First half I think we probably overdid the effort if that is possible the result being that we were blowing out our backside by the hour mark. We will learn from that. Also don’t think McNiff as bad as some are saying, yes he is not a LB but was not our worst player yesterday. Need to see their goal again but at the time I don’t think Grant and McStay covered themselves in  glory during they buildup at the time I though they won possession gave it away then repeated the same thing, result they broke quickly down our left hence exposing McNiff where we don’t want him to be. Slight criticism of Lennon here; think subs should have been in earlier, Lamont certainly. We were crying out for some legs and energy in midfield, I assume Love was only making up numbers on bench, otherwise he should have been thrown on too.
Overall would have been happy with point beforehand so not too upset, yes we do have issues address defensively and also in terms of coping with key players injured or at least only half fit.
Pity finances don’t allow a couple of key additions as we are not too far short of being a decent L1 side. A fit Goodwillie would make all the difference too, I’d actually be tempted to take him out of side completely for  couple of weeks and see if he can actually recover properly.  
McNiff by a considerable head and shoulders has been the worst player in the team since we returned for pre-season.

Agree we competed decently but should've made subs a helluva lot earlier. Like Danny said post-match, these games are learning curves. As long as we aren't being embarrassed in the next few tough games we have coming up, excited to see what we get with Goodie, Rankin, Norway and Love coming back into the side.

21 hours ago, sammytroot said:

836 according to BBC.

Thought that there was a decent EF support.

I thought there looked a lot more than that ? and a refreshing change to be in a league where more than a few of the teams (us included) carry a decent travelling support,

Looking back at the highlights, frustrating that McNiff never managed to cut out that cross field ball which left him 2 v 1 which ultimately led to the equaliser. It looked a simple header if he jumped an inch or 2.

Having now watched the EF highlights mcniff could possibly have cut that out but he would needed to have turned and let his man run off him to win the header. Easier to follow his man and stand him up as he did. Can see why DL was annoyed at Wallace as the overlap comes from him not tracking back and leaves Mcniff 2 on 1.

To be fair I don’t think mcniff did too much wrong for the goal but that’s not to say I think he is the answer at LB. He does seem to be the target for most of our frustrations at the minute though, in this case harshly so IMO.

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Having now watched the EF highlights mcniff could possibly have cut that out but he would needed to have turned and let his man run off him to win the header. Easier to follow his man and stand him up as he did. Can see why DL was annoyed at Wallace as the overlap comes from him not tracking back and leaves Mcniff 2 on 1.

To be fair I don’t think mcniff did too much wrong for the goal but that’s not to say I think he is the answer at LB. He does seem to be the target for most of our frustrations at the minute though, in this case harshly so IMO.

Aye I've watched them myself from the other side and it's perhaps a bit harsh on him in this case. Would still argue he could've tried to glance it out for a shy at least.

3 hours ago, BWAClyde said:

According to a steward the away end will be opened 6 times this season.

If true then almost certainly Falkirk x2, Raith x2, Airdrie x2. To be perfectly honest I think it's only needed for Falkirk. They took nearly 1k to Peterhead on Saturday so if they're going well they could easily bring double that to Broadwood.

Edited by C. Muir

you forgot johnston , lennon blamed him as well think the only one he missed out was the physio [emoji23]

28 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

I would apportion blame to Johnston, Rumsby and Wallace, before McNiff.

the mcniff debate apart , thought there were a good few positives saturday for spells we played some nice stuff great going forward in johnston we have someone who will run at players and smashing dead ball delivery, smith is looking fitter and sharper each game fantastic effort from a narrow angle , wallace I really like him strong good with the ball and gets into the box needs to do it for 90 mins , thought mcstay was getting back to his end of season form Petkov looks a player ( no 360 outside your own box ) and in mitchell looks like we have ourselves a cracking goalkeeper all in all enjoyed the game

16 hours ago, cfcuk said:
17 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

the mcniff debate apart , thought there were a good few positives saturday for spells we played some nice stuff great going forward in johnston we have someone who will run at players and smashing dead ball delivery, smith is looking fitter and sharper each game fantastic effort from a narrow angle , wallace I really like him strong good with the ball and gets into the box needs to do it for 90 mins , thought mcstay was getting back to his end of season form Petkov looks a player ( no 360 outside your own box ) and in mitchell looks like we have ourselves a cracking goalkeeper all in all enjoyed the game

Agree 100% - many positives going forward and also the style of football we are trying to play should hopefully put a few more bums on seats, still can't believe we where just shy of 3k at the Annan play-off game

Thoroughly enjoyed Saturdays game, proverbial game of two halves, East Fife looked a decent side and should be there in the mix come May. Thought if we had taken a two goal lead then we could have consolidated the lead. Looked as though a few were breathing heavily midway through 2nd half and to be fair it was pretty muggy and the new park would have been a contributing factor. Should see a huge difference when Rankin comes back to lead and encourage others around, in addition to a fully fit Love and Norway. First time viewing recent signings and pleasantly surprised, although I still think more quality and contribution to come when all fully up to speed. Solid  performances required over the next three games against full-time outfits, remember they're no Barcelona!!..........

C'mon the Bully

20 hours ago, David W said:

I would apportion blame to Johnston, Rumsby and Wallace, before McNiff.

There is also the on going issue, and its been going since last season. We continually lose possession from our own throw-ins. It does my head in, particularly as on Saturday as that's exactly where the build up the EF goal came from.

Generally got away with it last year but not now, we cant give up cheap possession.

7 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

There is also the on going issue, and its been going since last season. We continually lose possession from our own throw-ins. It does my head in, particularly as on Saturday as that's exactly where the build up the EF goal came from.

Generally got away with it last year but not now, we cant give up cheap possession.

We've been inept at throw-ins for years - it drives me insane, as well. If it's not high enough up the park for a long throw into the box (and we're not even good at them anyway), then we really look like we don't have a clue what to do.

Usually, there is no movement for them, and when there is the throw in is usually poor and awkward to control.