Clyde vs East Fife

Time to get the real stuff started.

A pretty dire preseason and league cup showing has drained away much of the optimism I had following promotion.

As discussed at length elsewhere the left hand side of our defence is a disaster and Ray Grant (probably our best player over the matches so far) is suspended.

How do we think this will pan out?

We are coming off the back of a great couple of results, but we now need to put the game vs the zombies on the back burner and get down to our bread and butter.

I don’t know what to expect from Clyde this season but have some handy players in their squad with the likes of Goodwillie (who I believe isn’t 100% yet), Rankin and Wallace who was decent for us.

For us, we should pretty much be at full strength, with plenty competition throughout the team and a good problem for Young to have. It will be unlikely we will have 3 upfront so I reckon it will be any 2 from Dowds, Duggan and Wallace which is a pretty good attacking option. It sounds like Higgins had a good game vs Hearts so he might start ahead of Watson.

We will probably line up something similar to...

......................... Long

Murdoch, Dunlop, Higgins, Slattery

Dunsmore, Agnew, Davidson, Watt

........... Dowds, Wallace

We've had a poor build up, but we're nowhere near to being cannon fodder yet.

I am looking forward to being back at Broadwood, though I hope the pitch is in decent condition, as they often talk about a bedding period for new articificial pitches.

A pleasant reminder of where we are - I just went to Bet365 to check the odds for the game and instinctivey clicked on League 2, before realising I was in the wrong place.

Going for a 2-2 draw.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I expect Clyde to be a decent outfit this year, and this should be a pretty tough starter. 

Saying that, I just cannot see us not scoring, and provided the backline plays aswell as it has done in the last few games then i would trust us for a handy 2-0 Duggan, Dowds

Our problem is that when we make errors that lead to silly goals, they come in twos and threes. Hopefully Saturday isn't one of those days. 

Do I detect a sense of reality amongst our Clyde brethren or is it early days? Where is the "we are the big club" borefest that we have come to loath?

That aside, Lennon has done a decent job since he came in and I think Clyde will do ok this season. Always a tricky place to visit so I'm going for a score draw (2-2) with Chris Templeman grabbing the first hatrick of the new season in record time.

And where is Jamesy? He was always my favorite Clyde poster and brought some much needed sanity to the forum.

With the bookies Cup games out the road for the time being really hope we build from the three wins...Broadwood slash the toon of cumbernauld away has been a sticky place to vist in recent games in the past though this season were both in League 1 and not league 2 so hopefully away win of 2-0 with Guy Kerr scoring a diving header and Blondie Mullen one time hit via free kick genius escaping 10 Clyde men inside their own penalty area 'absolute belter from a gerry cinnamon playlist tbf'

But thank god the fitbaw is back that's all I'm saying. 

Time to get the real stuff started.

A pretty dire preseason and league cup showing has drained away much of the optimism I had following promotion.

As discussed at length elsewhere the left hand side of our defence is a disaster and Ray Grant (probably our best player over the matches so far) is suspended.

How do we think this will pan out?
Suspended or not he's currently got Laryngitis anyway.

A poor pre season and cup campaign aside, we are in a new and far better league this season so it's going to be a tough one. It's also going to be an extremely competitive league and other than Falkirk and Raith so its anyone guess who could make the playoffs imo.

East Fife are a good side and saturday will be a tough one. Tbh I'd take a draw now so we dont kick off the season with a home defeat. Duggan will be a danger if he plays as he always has been.

Really looking forward to this season though after being promoted last season. Fingers crossed Danny sorts out the defence and we announce a signing or 2 before saturday!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse