Aberdeen v Hearts

44 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Busiest Hearts support I’ve seen at Pittodrie in years 

Cheers for the £38,000 lads 😃

1400 and odd I heard. 

Couldnt even get near to selling out their 1600 and odd allocation.

Extremely lame considering the size of their home support.

33 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Hearts have been a team of absolute fucking powderpuff shitebags for three years, so I'd appreciate someone confirming if the Aberdeen lads on here are pretending to have brain injuries or actually have brain injuries

I’d love to see you take a full steam ahead reckless charge gave on from Ikpeazu. He’s definitely in the wrong sport for starters.

1 hour ago, big al said:

I’d love to see you take a full steam ahead reckless charge gave on from Ikpeazu. He’s definitely in the wrong sport for starters.

Well that's certainly an interesting take, but it does nothing to alter the facts that Hearts are milquetoast as f**k.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I don't think I've ever seen an Aberdeen v Hearts game at Pittodrie where the home fans don't whip themselves into a frenzy of self-righteous indignation. Each consecutive "incident", no matter how innocuous, is met with increasing volumes of incredulous shrieking. By the end of the game they are so convinced that they have been cheated that a lot of them literally can't believe someone might think otherwise.

Fair enough. I suppose the only way of making most Aberdeen v Hearts games entertaining is by making it into a pantomime.

Oh no, it isn't!

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

I don't think I've ever seen an Aberdeen v Hearts game at Pittodrie where the home fans don't whip themselves into a frenzy of self-righteous indignation. Each consecutive "incident", no matter how innocuous, is met with increasing volumes of incredulous shrieking. By the end of the game they are so convinced that they have been cheated that a lot of them literally can't believe someone might think otherwise.

Fair enough. I suppose the only way of making most Aberdeen v Hearts games entertaining is by making it into a pantomime.

I've been up here for nearly 3 years now and folk from the North East tend to be a bit more highly strung in my experience. I'm not sure why that is. 

7 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Busiest Hearts support I’ve seen at Pittodrie in years 

Cheers for the £38,000 lads 😃

Aberdeen have made us a few quid over the seasons anaw . But you know results don’t quite go for them down here either so ;)

11 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

I've been up here for nearly 3 years now and folk from the North East tend to be a bit more highly strung in my experience. I'm not sure why that is. 

Image result for laughing goose gif

On 05/08/2019 at 09:38, Merkland Red said:

Bizarre that the BBC opted not to show Wilson's sitter he missed at 0-0 on the highlights. Well worked corner routine.

Not seen the alleged Ferguson incident that some Hearts fans have referenced but Hearts were lucky not to have Ikpeazu and Clare sent off for late tackles whilst on a yellow and the Mulraney one was a shocker. We didn't even get a free kick.

Thought we deserved the three points after controlling the first hour or so of play but there was a massive difference in the Hearts team when Naismith came on.

Pretty sure that was included in the (longer?) highlights shown on the TV / iPlayer.

18 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Well that's certainly an interesting take, but it does nothing to alter the facts that Hearts are milquetoast as f**k.

Not sure why it’s ‘an interesting take’.

He went through McKenna like Jona Lomu trying to get over the try line. Some refs would have sent him off for that.

Personally I thought the ref was decent on Sunday, wasn’t too strict. Sadly some refs are intent on ruining the game.

Edited by big al

Was strange watching the two most contrasting opponents you could possibly get within 3 days of each other.

Chikhura insisted on playing tippy-tappy fitba out of defence and it clearly it is not in the Georgian DNA to just boot the ball clear.  The first leg of that tie had got a bit scrappy, but last week they were probably the 'nicest' team ever to visit Pittodrie, easy on eye at times, but just couldn't live with the tempo.

Then you had Hearts, Levein, niggly fouls, cynical fouls, set pieces and the big tank Uche skittling everything and everyone...........it was awful stuff for a while, but ended up being a proper old-fashioned Scottish match and frenetic passionate affair by the end.

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Was strange watching the two most contrasting opponents you could possibly get within 3 days of each other.

Chikhura insisted on playing tippy-tappy fitba out of defence and it clearly it is not in the Georgian DNA to just boot the ball clear.  The first leg of that tie had got a bit scrappy, but last week they were probably the 'nicest' team ever to visit Pittodrie, easy on eye at times, but just couldn't live with the tempo.

Then you had Hearts, Levein, niggly fouls, cynical fouls, set pieces and the big tank Uche skittling everything and everyone...........it was awful stuff for a while, but ended up being a proper old-fashioned Scottish match and frenetic passionate affair by the end.

Aberdeen fans squealing like little girls to the end. You would have thought Hearts were the only team to have four players booked listening to you jokers.

13 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Aberdeen fans squealing like little girls to the end. You would have thought Hearts were the only team to have four players booked listening to you jokers.

Well there was no 'squeal' - not sure what part of "proper old-fashioned Scottish match" constitutes such.

If I were to comment on Hearts style and Levein's teams in particular, it would be done on the evidence of many games, not just this one.  As Craig Fowler (Terrace jambo guy) said last season in the first Pittodrie game, "we basically just sent a team out to kick f**k out of them".

As for our bookings - Ojo and Ferguson merited, both will be red carded this season (see Ferguson in SCSF last season)............Hedges booked for celebrating with fans, which is in the rules so fair enough, unless of course there's several doing it and a disabled shelter is panned in during it.