Aberdeen v Hearts

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Bizarre that the BBC opted not to show Wilson's sitter he missed at 0-0 on the highlights. Well worked corner routine.

Not seen the alleged Ferguson incident that some Hearts fans have referenced but Hearts were lucky not to have Ikpeazu and Clare sent off for late tackles whilst on a yellow and the Mulraney one was a shocker. We didn't even get a free kick.

Thought we deserved the three points after controlling the first hour or so of play but there was a massive difference in the Hearts team when Naismith came on.

There wasn't much in the Ferguson "incident" :he slid in for a block and there was a tangle of legs. Seen them given.  As you suggest, it was about median level for unpunished fouls most of which came from Hearts.

It's just the Jambos trying to create a narrative that we were as bad as them and both teams were at it to hide the reality that brutality and cheating are their main tactics. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Naismith is a good enough player to cause problems for most teams. Hearts' season will probably depend on keeping him fit.

There's still a constant, nagging worry for us that despite the improvement that Ojo brings, we have a soft centre in defence and are vulnerable to good players running into gaps between our midfield and central defenders. 

Ojo got pulled out of position once yesterday and it led directly to the 2nd goal. We don't keep many clean sheets these days. 

It's also Ojo's third game. I'm willing to give him a bit of slack. Fantastic use of the ball yesterday, especially coming short when Lewis had the ball.

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's also Ojo's third game. I'm willing to give him a bit of slack. Fantastic use of the ball yesterday, especially coming short when Lewis had the ball.

Pretty sure most of us agree that Ojo is going to be an asset to the team going forward. (forward as in the future as opposed to going forward in terms of play).

Have to say haven't seen much not to like about Leigh, Ojo, Hedges and Gallagher.

Too early to comment on Bryson and Main.

Sure we have a pre agreement to make Leigh a permanent signing at end of his loan, and on the basis of what I've seen to date would be trying to get Gallagher tied down on a permanent as well 

Also intrigued about the young lad Ramsay that was named on the bench yesterday.

Just turned sixteen and would have been our youngster ever first team player if he got on.

Hope we have him tied down and could he be the one to finally give Logan competition for the right back slot.

16 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Also intrigued about the young lad Ramsay that was named on the bench yesterday.

Just turned sixteen and would have been our youngster ever first team player if he got on.

Hope we have him tied down and could he be the one to finally give Logan competition for the right back slot.

Jesus, just read Derek's take on the young loon

Absolutely in the first team squad on merit and not sentimentality.

Would have been registered for the European squad but not allowed to as only fifteen when that had to be registered

41 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Mcinnes was talking Calvin Ramsay up big time at the Q&A last week - along with Babe Ruth (who half of the clubs in UK wanted to sign apparently) and Ethan "runs at defenders like Eden Hazard" Ross.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

It's just the Jambos trying to create a narrative that we were as bad as them and both teams were at it to hide the reality that brutality and cheating are their main tactics. 

Calm down son. You'll do yourself an injury,

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

It's just the Jambos  trying to create a narrative that we were as bad as them and both teams were at it to hide the reality that brutality and cheating are their main tactics. 

That referee was at it as well son, giving Hearts all those free kicks and booking four of Aberdeen's innocent wee angels.  😲

Edited by Mr. X

9 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Looks like I've missed cpl of cracking home games, typical☹️

At least 1 ex diet *** left happy.

https://twitter.com/alba_deen/status/1158172082435440641

If you watch the highlights on the BBC website you actually see him come flying in to picture to celebrate with the players 🤣🤣

Aberdeen deserved their win, stupid decisions from the players cost us and that’s the bottom line. Still thought we had some nice moments of play and good to see Walker and Naismith getting on the scoresheet. After we get this Whelan guy in and maybe someone else I’m sure we’ll get results this season.

hearts will be praying Naismith doesn’t break down . if he does then it will be struggle . Cant stand the gimp but   he’s just one that players that gets others to raise there game. .  but can see us finishing comfortable ahead them again though.  .. levein comments baffling as ever .  he is feeling the pressure i think 

Hearts have been a team of absolute fucking powderpuff shitebags for three years, so I'd appreciate someone confirming if the Aberdeen lads on here are pretending to have brain injuries or actually have brain injuries

Edited by JamieThomas

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

Hearts have been a team of absolute fucking powderpuff shitebags for three years, so I'd appreciate someone confirming if the Aberdeen lads on here are pretending to have brain injuries or actually have brain injuries

I don't think I've ever seen an Aberdeen v Hearts game at Pittodrie where the home fans don't whip themselves into a frenzy of self-righteous indignation. Each consecutive "incident", no matter how innocuous, is met with increasing volumes of incredulous shrieking. By the end of the game they are so convinced that they have been cheated that a lot of them literally can't believe someone might think otherwise.

Fair enough. I suppose the only way of making most Aberdeen v Hearts games entertaining is by making it into a pantomime.