Aberdeen v Hearts

The highlights were terrific. Incredible scenes for the winner!
The few minutes after the winner with all four sides on their feet singing was a welcome sight. Hopefully more of that this season.
Always helps to have a shite ref, pantomime villain and decent sized away support to boost the atmosphere though

37 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The trademark Hibee excuse for your team being utter pish since 1957. 

That's not too bad, it's only 2026 now...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Guest Bob Mahelp

The feelgood factor may take a bit of a jolt on Thursday, but against all expectations we've hit the ground running this season.

There's a real drive and dynamism to the team in having Hedges, Gallagher and Leigh, and I suspect we've got a future cult hero in Ojo. Add in a fit and hungry Niall McGinn and a player in Lewis Ferguson who's improving almost every game, and it's a more than acceptable start to the season.

Hearts will tear teams apart with a front four of Walker, Naysmith, Ikpeazu and Washington. It was some gameplan from Levein to bring them on and cause havoc in our obviously very fatigued (and generally quite ropey) defense.
On saying that its also pleasing to see that Leveins tactics of constant fouling and break up of play is ultimately what cost him the game...

I'm not sure whether to be annoyed at our game plan for the first 60 minutes, delighted that we managed to get back in the the match or gutted that we ended up losing it. 

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we had kept 11 men on the park but on the whole it was probably a fair result. 

I'm not wanting to sound too anti Craig Levein here but the fact it takes one player to come on to change a whole game is mad, worrying to know that the first 60 minutes is what we can expext when Naismith is off injured. 

Gutted with the nature of the result and feel sorry for Hickey, no excuse for the needless 2nd challenge but it's the sort of thing you get away with when you're only 16. 

Genuinely not sure why either Hearts or Aberdee  fans are climbing over each other to say which team is dirtier, today was a glorious game of Scottish football coupled with a gloriously shite referee. :lol:

Edit: Honourable mentions to the scenes when we scored our 2nd and Aberdeen scored their 3rd. Probably the loudest away support we've had in a while.

Edited by GorgieRoad

2 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Had my mate who’s a jambo up for the game and I said to him that when hearts play with the shackles off they’re not a bad team ( why so negative Craig ) 

This is the major frustration among our fans.  I don't think our squad bis bad.  Lightbin central midfield but Uche, Walker, Naismith, Washington, Mulraney, Clare.  All good players with attacking intentions.  Yet most of the time they are asked to play with the shackles on.

6 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

This is the major frustration among our fans.  I don't think our squad bis bad.  Lightbin central midfield but Uche, Walker, Naismith, Washington, Mulraney, Clare.  All good players with attacking intentions.  Yet most of the time they are asked to play with the shackles on.

The boy Irvine looks that got a good future ahead off him 

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Hearts were shite for the most part, and Aberdeen were little better.

We'll do them at Tynecastle.  :)

Unfortunately for you we're a little bit better than East Fife.

also when naismith gets injured they are fu%^ed

Hearts will tear teams apart with a front four of Walker, Naysmith, Ikpeazu and Washington. It was some gameplan from Levein to bring them on and cause havoc in our obviously very fatigued (and generally quite ropey) defense.
On saying that its also pleasing to see that Leveins tactics of constant fouling and break up of play is ultimately what cost him the game...

1 minute ago, Sheep77 said:

When the lad got sent off you seen Naismith talking to him possible manager in the future 

Said the same thing at the time. We need a new keeper and 2 midfielders before we can even think about challenging for top 4. Ojo looks class btw.