Airdrie v Forfar

11 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Who remembers a certain league opening fixture against Angus opposition that DID result in a 6-0 win for the Diamonds? Wasn’t all that long ago you know

Without checking (honest!) - the first game of the 2002/03 season, and it was against Arbroath?

On 30/07/2019 at 10:20, Best Team in Angus said:

Ah just noticed you are at home

TBF we'd be having pre-match pints in The Albert even if it was an away game too 😉

I was selfishly pleased when Forfar lost Easton, Reilly, Baird and especially so with Eckersley (for obvious reasons). They've recruited well though and I think Tapping, Forbes and Kirkpatrick are particularly astute signings (with the caveat for Tapping of that he has to remain fit). While I think Jackson and Burns are a downgrade on Baird and Eckersley respectively, Jackson is a player you should still be able to rely on to get you double figures at this level and Burns is competent enough. I think this game will be a tough test for us but it should, even at this stage, be an excellent indicator of where we're going to be this season. 

Looking at the fixtures, I'd probably be happy with 4/6 points from our first two games of the season. This one being at home, hopefully we can get off to a flying start and keep the pre-season optimism going/give the fans not too much to moan about already. 

2 hours ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

The first game of the 2002/03 season was the first following our reincarnation, and was a home win against Forfar.  I wasn't there but I believe our captain of that era, Stephen Docherty, was the scorer.

Going with what I've wrote above my score prediction will be 1-0 Airdrie with Sean Crighton scoring the winner 😉

Edited by airdrieman

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Looking forward to this season kicking off properly, the wee mans absolutely buzzing for it.
If any of you bridie munchers fancy a physical fight outside the main doors, 14:45, be there or be square.

Just make sure you bring your mum to back you up.

Are you seriously writing off the season after 53 minutes?
I'm quite happy to stick my neck out and say, that's not a title winning team.
Gallagher and Roy aren't wide players
Smith puts himself about but isn't a 20+ goal a season striker
Kerr's confidence will be shot after that moment of absolute madness
Wedderburns immobile but can pick a pass.

That was a very easy 3 points
That's probably the best summing up of the game for both sides to be honest.
Forfar really didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary, and after the stupid mistake, there was only going to be one outcome. The second as quickly cemented the result.
I left when the 2nd went in so can't comment on anything after that, but knew that would be that.

23 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Looking forward to this season kicking off properly, the wee mans absolutely buzzing for it.
If any of you bridie munchers fancy a physical fight outside the main doors, 14:45, be there or be square.

18 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

That's probably the best summing up of the game for both sides to be honest.
Forfar really didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary, and after the stupid mistake, there was only going to be one outcome. The second as quickly cemented the result.
I left when the 2nd went in so can't comment on anything after that, but knew that would be that.

giphy.gif