Airdrie v Forfar

Ok everyone a new league campaign begins on Saturday and the top fixture this weekend in League 2.

Both teams will be wanting to get of to a flyer as always, with Airdrie making a push for promotion and Forfar trying to get in on the mix as well.  It's set up for a tense affair.

I'd like to see Forfar win this, but it will be hard. I'm going for a 1-1.

C'mon the Loons!

Unfortunately I will miss it. Given that we lost to the teams above us, if narrowly, and Forfar beat St Johnstone and got out of your group, you would think it will indeed be tight. Are you overplaying our "promotion" push and underplaying your "in the mix"? Like you I am going for a score draw but my predictions are usually mince. Hope you don't enjoy a win and looking forward to away days at Forfar.

Good to get on to the real stuff.

I think we've built a decent squad and while I'm hopefully we will have a good season, we've had so many false dawns its hard not to think its going to happen again.

Our support aren't exactly known for having patience. I just hope we can hit the ground running and not end up with the support on their backs.

15 hours ago, Moon said:

Maybe he's just an optimist? A footballing romantic.

I predict a score draw.

If we can't beat Forfar at home then we can forget about any notion of winning the league or getting out of it any time soon. 

The Diamonds to win 3-1

9 hours ago, Nipper said:

If we can't beat Forfar at home then we can forget about any notion of winning the league or getting out of it any time soon. 

The Diamonds to win 3-1

I think forfar will be there or thereabouts this year.

A win for us would be great.

When you look at the players Forfar have lost and replaced them with 4 players from Brechin I thought they'd struggle this year. But their results and what people are saying about their performances, it seems like Jim Weir has done a really good job getting them gel as a team.

Guest bernardblack

Same starting eleven from Saturday for me.

I’m still not over Airdrie robbing us the first game of last season, so I’d like a win please

18 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Same starting eleven from Saturday for me.

I’m still not over Airdrie robbing us the first game of last season, so I’d like a win please

Not possible Travis is suspended for two games. A big, big loss for us based on BetFred cup games.

Airdrie 1 Forfar 1. This has a draw written all over it. Both teams happy with a point
Would leave with a point quite happily. Think Airdrie might edge it with it being opening day and at home but looking forward to it.