Hibs vs St Mirren

Should’ve been 3 or 4 in the end but we won so that’s all that matters. We were honking in midfield for the majority of the game, good Doidge assist but his two chances were sitters. 

Scooter Allan. What. A. Man.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Should’ve been 3 or 4 in the end but we won so that’s all that matters. We were honking in midfield for the majority of the game, good Doidge assist but his two chances were sitters. 

Scooter Allan. What. A. Man.

Should have been 3 or 4 each you mean. Our chance were very decent.  

25 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Should have been 3 or 4 each you mean. Our chance were very decent.  

You maybe had one really good chance (that I can remember). We actually managed to score. Had one wrongly offside. Hit the woodwork twice. Missed two open goal tap ins. 

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Nothing to do with England having 10 times the population of Scotland, no?

Per head Scottish football has higher attendances than England, by far. I’m sure Salford will be over the moon with their Twitter following though.  

Salford are a diddy team playing in the shadow of two proper footballing giants - not just a Rangers and Celtic. 

3 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Justice was done as Flo was THREE YARDS onside FFS. I am fed up with these bent officials. We were done by that p***k Dallas end of last year and some other bunref. 

Offside per arsehole linesman.

EBEDJ_DWkAE5IiL.jpg

I was under the impression that Doidge was the nominally 'offside' player, not Kamberi.  He was still onside, but not quite so egregiously onside, but it's probably easier for the cheating Tory b*****d to claim it as an honest mistake.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I was under the impression that Doidge was the nominally 'offside' player, not Kamberi.  He was still onside, but not quite so egregiously onside, but it's probably easier for the cheating Tory b*****d to claim it as an honest mistake.

The flag only went up when Kamberi stuck it in. 

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

No point in talking about it- guaranteed come the end of this season both clubs will have at least 15 terrible/ wrong decisions go against them. 

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Fair result in the end but that was pretty shite. Definitely time to give Murray a start in Mallan's place. 

I'd just drop him and play Allan deeper and Doidge with Flo.  I'd also start Vik in place of Horgan or Newell. Horgan is an impact player in my view.  The back four is a concern also, Hanlon should not start over McG at Ibroke. 

The St Mirren defending at the goal is horrific. Hanlon was allowed to carry the ball fully 25 yards without any St Mirren player closing him down. McGinn is slow to react and Allan is able to wander through the St Mirren defence without being picked up. Three touches he takes along the edge of the box before getting his shot away. Not one tackle, block, nothing. Piss poor! 

St Mirren played much better than I expected. I thought that was young McPhersons best game in a St Mirren shirt, I liked the look of Durmus and I thought Andreau did extremely well particularly in the first half. But in saying all that Hibs, and this looked like a poor Hibs side, were miles ahead. 

41 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

The St Mirren defending at the goal is horrific. Hanlon was allowed to carry the ball fully 25 yards without any St Mirren player closing him down. McGinn is slow to react and Allan is able to wander through the St Mirren defence without being picked up. Three touches he takes along the edge of the box before getting his shot away. Not one tackle, block, nothing. Piss poor! 

St Mirren played much better than I expected. I thought that was young McPhersons best game in a St Mirren shirt, I liked the look of Durmus and I thought Andreau did extremely well particularly in the first half. But in saying all that Hibs, and this looked like a poor Hibs side, were miles ahead. 

Cant disagree on that performance.

The setup and lack of pace are worrying. 8 passes across the back line before passing into Mallan / Allan is a tactic designed to send us all to sleep.

We can only hope he has sussed that Kamberi cannae play as a one up front.

Having said all that, if we had slotted you 4 zip it wouldnt have been ridic given the sunday league sitters Doidge missed and woodwork hit twice.

The save from Rocky was pretty run of the mill, he pulls them off all the time just to impress his missus in the stand.

St Mirren need firepower, but will not be bottom of the league this season - is my bold prediction.

As to Hibs.................I have no fuckin idea after watching that.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

f**k the result, let's just take a moment to realise how wonderful Easter road looks on the sun. Best away day in Scotland.

20190803_145854.jpg

I forgot to say upthread - very impressive and loud support from your fans - I am in the West upper, just to the left of your photo.

Gid guys St Mirren fans, and I am pretty sure Goodwin will keep you up.

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I forgot to say upthread - very impressive and loud support from your fans - I am in the West upper, just to the left of your photo.

Gid guys St Mirren fans, and I am pretty sure Goodwin will keep you up.

I've got this absolute belter of a picture from the great escape season, on the day you guys got the trophy and we stayed up in the championship but I can't find it. Honestly though, my away games these days are severely limited, but Easter road is the one I like to make the effort for. Brilliant away day, and the Hibs fans are always sound.

It was painful viewing for the first hour. We looked much better when Doidge (those sitters tho) and Slivka came on. There's a happy medium between aimlessly passing it about the halfway line and lumping it shoulder height to the forwards, we just need to find it. Ironically, I think the set up we started with may work better in away games against bottom 6 sides, rather than home games.

Said it earlier, Newell and Vela look tidy enough players, but there needs to be more urgency. Jury is out on whether Mallan and Allan together works. Wee Scooter is the absolute boy tho, dat shroo ball for the Kamberi chance then the open goal Doidge missed was *kisses fingers like a chef.

Saints were well organised and posed a threat. I would fancy them to stay up based on that performance.