Hibs vs St Mirren

22 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I see you Saints chaps have not quite spotted the irony in those posts about trophies....................

Hoping for more banterrific chat between now and Saturday, tbh

I think pointing out the irony is pretty much all they've done.

30 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

This Alang1993 chap has dished out more red dots on this thread alone than St Mirren have first team players.

Alang - make yourself known, at least. Say hello!

Never get the red dot thing just seems a bit silly. A lot of bragging going on here and some who have no idea of history. Hibs are a bigger club no question there and you would expect you to win. But football is a funny old game. 

11 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

You cant call our new home strip stripes it's a H horrendous looking top. The away top is far better one we will wear on Saturday. Reports saying 4 more players in by Saturday one being McAllister a gem of a player when on form. 

Thought Div had said he 'traveled' with derby?  

6 minutes ago, Renfrew Bud said:

Yes I know but within walking distance of park. Fringe starts tomorrow so want to get parked n then eat. 

You do have the choice of the Gyle Centre or Fort Kinnaird. Both with plenty of places to eat and buses, 22 & 49 respectively, that will get you to Easter Road. 22 goes to Ocean Terminal so it goes down Leith Walk. 49 goes up Lochend Road so you should be able to get off and walk up Hawkhill Avenue and around the stadium to the south stand.. or stay on until it goes up Leith Walk and then get off

Just give yourself plenty of time obviously

13 hours ago, HibsFan said:

A team with practically no trophies since the 1950s, bouncing back and forth between the top two tiers, supported by a fanbase with delusions of grandeur who can't spot a good manager when they're gifted one?

I'd say the Paisley Saints and Newcastle have a lot more in common than you think. wine.png.19e6cf1103c5559fa0c0678701bfc789.png

Truly pish banter. Having a pop at a team with more Scottish Cup wins than Hibs ‘since the 50s’. Oh dear, oh, dear. Have a look at the recent post by fellow Hibbee ‘dominique mulumba’ as a guide on how to deliver an opposition slagging with a decent amount of style and humour. You were also responsible for the ‘Jim Badlose’ post too I think?

Ouch. Painful.... quit while you’re behind mate. 

Edited by pozbaird

6 hours ago, Renfrew Bud said:

Any suggestions for decent eating places in the area 

What kind of food do you want?

Loads of restaurants, but you might prefer a pub?

There are plenty of boozers that do decent grub pre match too - e.g. Safari Lounge on London Road does a fair line in burgers and also has decent veggie options if you dont like chowing down on meat.............very funny lol GIF

Its just across the road from Meadowbank Retail park, hence less than 5 minutes from your seat in the South Stand.

At the other end of the spectrum, within Meadowbank retail park theres a KFC, and a Maccy D just along the road.

Theres fuckin thousands of eateries in Edinburgh, if you are more specific we can narrow it down?

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

There are plenty of boozers that do decent grub pre match too - e.g. Safari Lounge on London Road does a fair line in burgers and also has decent veggie options if you dont like chowing down on meat.............very funny lol GIF

Its just across the road from Meadowbank Retail park, hence less than 5 minutes from your seat in the South Stand.

At the other end of the spectrum, within Meadowbank retail park theres a KFC, and a Maccy D just along the road.

Theres fuckin thousands of eateries in Edinburgh, if you are more specific we can narrow it down?

Caught a bit on the telly this week where celebrity chef Tom Kerridge was visiting Edinburgh restaurants. He went for fish & chips at a place in Newhaven, near the lighthouse. Looked like cracking fish & chips. Ever been there? I’ve been to a couple of places in Leith, and have been in Ocean Terminal, but have never ventured to Newhaven. Any info’ appreciated from any ITK (about fish & chips) Hibbees.

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Caught a bit on the telly this week where celebrity chef Tom Kerridge was visiting Edinburgh restaurants. He went for fish & chips at a place in Newhaven, near the lighthouse. Looked like cracking fish & chips. Ever been there? I’ve been to a couple of places in Leith, and have been in Ocean Terminal, but have never ventured to Newhaven. Any info’ appreciated from any ITK (about fish & chips) Hibbees.

Oddly enough, my wife and I said similar about that place - I am a southside luvvie these days, so wrong end of town for me, but certainly looks decent. Not really walking distance to ER though.

Ocean Terminal full of chain shite imo

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Get a brunch at the lioness of leith. Delightful (but pricey).

It looks very nice, but I still cant get my head around boozers in Duke street being "gastropubs" and offering such delights as student discount or twitter accounts.

I used to live and work in Leith 20+ years ago, and can safely say the pubs in Duke street were less "user friendly" back then.

For a taste of the 1980s, pop along the road from the LoL to The Marksman - opens at 6.30am and has a lively clientele Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Oddly enough, my wife and I said similar about that place - I am a southside luvvie these days, so wrong end of town for me, but certainly looks decent. Not really walking distance to ER though.

Ocean Terminal full of chain shite imo

It looks very nice, but I still cant get my head around boozers in Duke street being "gastropubs" and offering such delights as student discount or twitter accounts.

I used to live and work in Leith 20+ years ago, and can safely say the pubs in Duke street were less "user friendly" back then.

For a taste of the 1980s, pop along the road from the LoL to The Marksman - opens at 6.30am and has a lively clientele Montylaugh.png.475fdc10ef36a7467503111267057f4c.png

Ah, I’m not going to the game though... so walking distance to Easter Road doesn’t concern me.... my main concern was the prospect of stuffing my face with quality fish & chips. Fcuk spoiling a day out in Embra’ by paying £24 or whatever to suffer at the fitba’. My season ticket for home games already provides enough suffering thank you very much....will drive though one day for a day out, always enjoy a day out in Embra’.

5 hours ago, Green Day said:

Probably pub food but thanks for suggestions.