Hibs vs St Mirren

7 hours ago, GAD said:

f**k the result, let's just take a moment to realise how wonderful Easter road looks on the sun. Best away day in Scotland.

20190803_145854.jpg

Whether Hibees like it or not, I'm lumping them in with the Jambos

Hearts and Hibs are the best two away days in the top league, hands down. Two absolutely brilliant grounds and Edinburgh is a truly cracking city. Even two years ago when we had Hutchy Vale in the cup, we still made an amazing away day of it just because of the location.

Hibs edge it as it's closer to city centre but both make for a top quality away day.

And I wasn't even there yesterday! :lol: 

14 hours ago, Zing. said:

Should’ve been 3 or 4 in the end but we won so that’s all that matters. We were honking in midfield for the majority of the game, good Doidge assist but his two chances were sitters. 

Scooter Allan. What. A. Man.

Aye you did absolutely brilliant against a team thrown together in 48 hours for 50p each with no recognised left back and a stand in right back both players out of position. Did you deserve the win. Marginally.  

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Aye you did absolutely brilliant against a team thrown together in 48 hours for 50p each with no recognised left back and a stand in right back both players out of position. Did you deserve the win. Marginally.  

I didn’t say anywhere that we “did absolutely brilliant” :lol: 

We were the better team and deserved to win comfortably. St Mirren were better than I expected though, with the number 11 being a standout. You didn’t create many clear chances and were confined to loads of long range efforts.

Newell.jpg.a42fe7bdc84178b2554e1d14cfcb47e9.jpg

First pic is the cross for Newell - nobody near offside

Kamberi.jpg.b35f1ad60476807c5c7c70ed72e56c5e.jpg

Second one is the point Newell headers it - Flo is, what, 3 yards back?

That is a truly, truly terrible decision - I didnt realise how bad at the time as I am about 60 yards away.

Anti Swiss racism is alive and well in Scotland, it seems

Edited by Green Day

7 minutes ago, Green Day said:

That is a truly, truly terrible decision - I didnt realise how bad at the time as I am about 60 yards away.

Absolutely dreadful. Last three competitive games now that we’ve had goals wrongly chopped off.

51 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Wait till you have 4 non penalties given against you in one game before you start complaining about decisions. 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Wait till you have 4 non penalties given against you in one game before you start complaining about decisions. 

Sorry, I am not familiar with that one? Something last season?

I know all fans complain about stuff, but these officials are getting worse imo

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

4 penalties against us at Ibrox, two outside the box, one a dive.

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, Green Day said:

Not against you lot, was against the **** at Ibrox last season.  Courtesy of that wee runt Andrew Dallas.

I'm in full agreement with you about decisions.  I used to think it was down to refs being biased,  but the officials are just inept. 

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Hurting

While we're all licking each other's hoops, it was good to see the Saints fans bring some atmosphere yesterday. Not too bad a performance either, although we are definitely capable of performing much better and making it a more comfortable result imo.

This. 

:lol: 

Don't know what 'champions elect' is based on. From what I've read and heard, we Hibs fans haven't been particularly optimistic over the last few months. I assume you're just beeling about yesterday/something else in your life and wanted to have a wee greet. Cheer up meyn.

11 hours ago, Green Day said:

As to Hibs.................I have no fuckin idea after watching that.

My prediction is an alright 4th/5th type of season but there being a couple of Morton 3-0 / Hamilton 3-1 style horror show performances thrown in. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Did you not see the 4 penalties awarded to the dark side at ibrox against Saints none were a penalty. Scottish refs are very poor. 

1 minute ago, Alan Stubbs said:

While we're all licking each other's hoops, it was good to see the Saints fans bring some atmosphere yesterday. Not too bad a performance either, although we are definitely capable of performing much better and making it a more comfortable result imo.

:lol: 

Don't know what 'champions elect' is based on. From what I've read and heard, we Hibs fans haven't been particularly optimistic over the last few months. I assume you're just beeling about yesterday/something else in your life and wanted to have a wee greet. Cheer up meyn.

My prediction is an alright 4th/5th type of season but there being a couple of Morton 3-0 / Hamilton 3-1 style horror show performances thrown in. 

Go to the first two pages you were going to hammer us. To be fair so did I.

11 hours ago, GAD said:

I've got this absolute belter of a picture from the great escape season, on the day you guys got the trophy and we stayed up in the championship but I can't find it. Honestly though, my away games these days are severely limited, but Easter road is the one I like to make the effort for. Brilliant away day, and the Hibs fans are always sound.

St Mirren support was brilliant that day, genuinely wanted them to stay up. 

2 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

St Mirren support was brilliant that day, genuinely wanted them to stay up. 

You'd never have known we were brilliant to be honest.  Think most of us were living on a nerve for that full 90 minutes that day.  

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'd never have known we were brilliant to be honest.  Think most of us were living on a nerve for that full 90 minutes that day.  

That was one of the best away supports that season imo, makes a big difference when we get a big noisy crowd there.