Hibs v. Morton

Sorry, were we supposed to do the “stand and applaud for a second or two” thing that followed all of the Hibs goals?

Was more a gentle jibe at you saying yous scored your second and third [emoji23]

Can't see if there was a handball for Hibs 3rd goal and Morton players weren't really complaining. From our view it looked like he cushioned it between his left hand and hip but it's really not obvious from that angle. 

Their 4th still looks like a foul. Gets some of the ball but went through Salkeld to get there.

Edited by GiGi

5 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I'm not sure if I'm looking out for the handball in the box that wasn't a handball or in the box or something before the cross that wasn't a cross.

Not that I'm expecting anything conclusive from highlights but this doesn't show anything clearly- events or players claiming for anything. 

Hopefully some decent quality highlights will show it but it very much looked like Kamberi used his hand to knock it past Rogers for the 3rd (can see why the ref didn't see it but the linesman should have) and the tackle on Salkeld isn't even shown so no way of saying it was or wasn't a foul based on this.

Our defence still handed you at least 2 by ball watching and being as slow as week in the jail but a back four consisting of a 2 midfielders, a past it centre half and a 19 year old were never likely to stop anyone from scoring. Seems odd to say after conceding 5 but I thought Rogers did ok, couple of very good saves when we were under pressure from a barrage of corners.

Watching Hibs TV goals you can’t really see if Kamberi handles it. Nonetheless, Rogers and McLean made an arse of it anyway. 

Still feel it was a foul on Salkeld for the 4th goal. Hibs player has come through him to get the ball rather than win it first. Pretty disappointing!

13 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Well done to the 50 or so Rangers fans who turned up today to follow one of their other 'proddy' teams. A nice wee day out in sunny Edinburgh for them. bQshDtu.png

Sorry.  What?  I thought the day trippers were in the Dunfermline end yesterday?

13 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Not too sure about this. Morton have always been 50/50 with a touch of anti OF!

Again.  What?  I detest both halfs of the OF equally, ditto the boys I go the games with.  

5 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

There was also no sectarianism from their support. No sir, none at all.

I missed the game yesterday as i was on a flight back from Portugal.  What sectarianism was there?  I've an idea what you'll say but I'd like to hear you make an arse of yourself.  In your own time.

Wasn't there yesterday so just seeing this burning injustice for the first time. Looks like Vela goes shoulder to shoulder with the Morton player and gets a clean foot on the ball. The officials must have been really bad throughout the game because surely Morton fans aren't greeting about one absolute stretch of a free kick claim 70 yards away from goal.  I'd be more concerned about your own player failing to trap a ball and sending Kamberi through on goal. Not to mention conceding another four goals.

Our defending as well though fuckme.png I'd be absolutely amazed if Hecky turns this around.

4 hours ago, Scosha said:

Did it actually come off McHugh last? I was convinced at the time it went in off a Hibs player that McHugh was close to

Just had another watch of the highlights.. difficult to tell from the angle and the blazing sunlight but it looks like McHugh just gets a foot in in front of Jackson

3 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The officials must have been really bad throughout the game because surely Morton fans aren't greeting about one absolute stretch of a free kick claim 70 yards away from goal.  I'd be more concerned about your own player failing to trap a ball and sending Kamberi through on goal. Not to mention conceding another four goals.

We already knew that our current, makeshift defence was garbage; that wasn't enough to give Hibs a win over the previous 100 minutes of football though. So I think that we will  actually focus on a terrible decision from that clownshoe Muir then, seeing as it decisively swung the momentum of the tie in Hibs' favour. 

5 hours ago, virginton said:

We already knew that our current, makeshift defence was garbage; that wasn't enough to give Hibs a win over the previous 100 minutes of football though. So I think that we will  actually focus on a terrible decision from that clownshoe Muir then, seeing as it decisively swung the momentum of the tie in Hibs' favour. 

You can focus on whatever you like. In reality though, it's not the ref's fault that your entire team has switched off after a correct decision to not give a free kick at the other end of the pitch. 

Edited by Alan Stubbs

11 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

You can focus on whatever you like. In reality though, it's not the ref's fault that your entire team has switched off after a correct decision to not give a free kick at the other end of the pitch. 

Cleaning out a player with a tackle from behind while 'getting a foot on the ball' is still a foul m8; it's not the 1980s anymore. The officials' complete incompetence therefore turned a decent Morton attack (or a set piece opportunity from the foul) into an immediate Hibs counter-attack. That's grounds enough for seethe regardless of what happened next; it's not like the (very weak) handball claim during normal time where if the Hibs player controlled it either on his chest or accidentally off his hand a goal would have been scored either way. 

Wasn't there but expected it to be much worse. Probably should be a foul and a free kick bit it's not that clear cut and I've seen them given and not given in equal measure.

Glossing over the real issue with the 4th goal though... It's not that difficult a ball for Jim McAlister to stop going through and he makes a complete c**t of it - the sure fire sign that he knows this is that he's not seen shouting at everyone else for it.