East Fife v Rangers

We look decent defensively but panicking going forward looking to hit Dowds too much.

We’ve created 1 good chance through Dunsmore - I had him down as first goal scorer too!

We are still in this, another Sevco goal will kill it though I feel. It looks quite windy so I’m hoping that a few of those local bigots on the sea wall might fall in.

6 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We look decent defensively but panicking going forward looking to hit Dowds too much.

We’ve created 1 good chance through Dunsmore - I had him down as first goal scorer too!

We are still in this, another Sevco goal will kill it though I feel. It looks quite windy so I’m hoping that a few of those local bigots on the sea wall might fall in.

Pretty poor game so far. All we seem to do is hoof it up the park. 

We can play better than this. 

Pretty poor game so far. All we seem to do is hoof it up the park. 
We can play better than this. 

Agreed, we’ve only given Dowds and Wallace scraps to play with. Need to see more from Watt who has had a quiet game and get a better link up through the midfield.

Well, the B team got a run-out and it was a comfortable victory so it's job done in that respect. East Fife didn't create much, although they probably should have scored after about 20 mins when they had a great chance in at the back post. That was some cross from the East Fife player (whose name I don't know) to set that chance up.

Helander scoring a goal and setting another up made it a perfect debut. Gerrard seems to have a habit of signing centre backs who like a goal.

In the few games Polster has played, I'm not convinced he's anywhere near the standard required to realistically challenge for a first team place.

Halliday, Kamara and Stewart didn't have the best of games but Aribo and Defoe were excellent. 

I'm guessing Gerrard is happy with the team other than that left back position but can't sign anyone until Grezda and possibly Barisic have been sold.

Not entirely sure where those that are saying we played a long ball game are coming from. I thought we competed well against a decent side - Aribo in particular was impressive. Slightly disappointed with the two soft goals conceded in the second-half, but overall it was a satisfactory performance. We should be proud of our efforts in the League Cup this season.

I also think Celtic have got a fight on their hands to retain their title this campaign..... 

2 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Watching this game on TV and makes you realise just how terrible that stadium is for atmosphere. Looks shit and sounds shit. 

Stadiums don't make atmosphere, spectators do that especially if there is something to cheer about.  There was plenty of atmosphere at the Hearts game.

6 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
6 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

They had temporary stands all round the ground if I remember right.

During the Lee Murray era, lost a fortune by leaving the temporary stands up all season when we only needed them twice.

Charged £15 for home fans & £12 for away fans . FFS :yucky