I'll be honest, if that's the pinnacle of all jokes at the Fringe then I'm not missing much, but there is no doubt that woman from the Tourettes charity is one of, if not the biggest, wet wipe ever to walk this earth.

Rosette No. 3 is up in Edinburgh again, after enjoying last year's fringe so much. She's volunteering for an events organisation - the work's unpaid, but bed and board are free. She's seen 33 shows so far, having arrived at Waverley on Saturday lunchtime. This stamina did not come from my side of the family.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I'll be honest, if that's the pinnacle of all jokes at the Fringe then I'm not missing much, but there is no doubt that woman from the Tourettes charity is one of, if not the biggest, wet wipe ever to walk this earth.
Most jokes are shite when they’re written down, it's all about the way you tell em, likes, and the

timing.

Rosette No. 3 is up in Edinburgh again, after enjoying last year's fringe so much. She's volunteering for an events organisation - the work's unpaid, but bed and board are free. She's seen 33 shows so far, having arrived at Waverley on Saturday lunchtime. This stamina did not come from my side of the family.

I speak for us all when I say we absolutely know it comes from Mrs WRK...

Just sat through my first, and only, ever unbearably bad free comedy show that I’ve been counting down the seconds for it to finish because I felt too awkward to leave early (us being two of only about 12 in the audience). A genuinely surreal, and horrible, experience.

Wouldnae worry, some pretty dark and disturbing rumours swirl around him.
Really? What rumours?

On 13/08/2019 at 03:45, carpetmonster said:

Last time I went to the fringe I had a flyer boy explaining to me why I should go and see Stephen K Amos with me countering that I'd rather eat my firstborn than go and see Stephen K Amos, unaware that Stephen K Amos was standing behind me, apparently not particularly amused. Oops.

That was probably the funniest thing that happened at the Fringe by the sound of it. 

That was probably the funniest thing that happened at the Fringe by the sound of it. 

Nah, it would have been funnier if someone ate a really smelly cat shit.

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Just sat through my first, and only, ever unbearably bad free comedy show that I’ve been counting down the seconds for it to finish because I felt too awkward to leave early (us being two of only about 12 in the audience). A genuinely surreal, and horrible, experience.

What was the show called so I can avoid it?

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

What was the show called so I can avoid it?

Wasn’t sure whether to name it because it’s possibly a bit harsh putting people off of a show, but considering a lot of the “comedy” was demanding that people paid at the end (I think based on how poor it is, and how often they mention not running away without paying, that most of their audiences refuse), it was annoying enough to make me name them.

It was called Needle Dicks.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Wasn’t sure whether to name it because it’s possibly a bit harsh putting people off of a show, but considering a lot of the “comedy” was demanding that people paid at the end (I think based on how poor it is, and how often they mention not running away without paying, that most of their audiences refuse), it was annoying enough to make me name them.

It was called Needle Dicks.

Cheers, I have no problem naming shite shows as it my just be taste thing but that sounds horrific

Going in to see a few things today against my better judgement but it's at least comedians I've heard of who I think are reasonably funny. Mark Watson, Mark Nelson and some guy my mate wants to see. I'll report back later, if anyone cares. I'm more keen for the day off work and beer tbh. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone have any good vegan/vegan-friendly restaurant recommendations near the EICC? 

@Shandon Par

I don't know how near it is but you could try Henderson's on Thistle Street. 

Me and the mrs are going up there today, think we are going to see Colin Cloud later on but we are mostly going to play it by ear. Heading up to the underbelly first and taking it from there.

Did Tom Kitching yesterday which was about a rap battle between cows and sheep which was decent.But the highlight for me of this years festival was Basil Brush in the late night show

Saw Musik at the Assembly Rooms last night. Brilliant performance by Frances Barber, the hour flew in.