Edinburgh Fringe 2019

having lived here for all 30 years of my life I have never taken in a show outside of taking a few service users to some. I find James Acaster hillarious but assuming tickets for him will be hard to come by now he is on the tele regualarly. Its a pity norm macdonald or bill burr dont pop over

I used to hate the fringe crowds but decided that was just centuries of Edinburgh mean mindedness bubbling up in me so I made a decision to embrace it and haven't looked back.

A few recommendations, no idea if any of them are actually doing a show this year. Mostly comedy.

Tony Law
Patrick Turpin
Pierre Novellie
Dan Antopolski
Alun Cochrane
Phil Kay
Tommy Tiernan
John Scott
Owen O'Neill
Bridget Christie
Tudur Owen
Tom Crane
Nat Luurtsema
Andy Zaltsman

I saw Phil Kay doing stand up in Amsterdam on Saturday maybe a warm up for the festival, he was as mad, crazy and funny as ever.
Highlight of the night was when he licked his pinky and ran at a guy in the audience that had those silly hoop hole through the lobe earrings, he fish hooked his earring with his pinky, i couldn't breathe for laughing... Earring boy didn't see the funny side which made it even funnier.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

I'd quite like to see Arthur Smith, Lou Sanders and Fern Brady. Tempted to try to get tickets for Friday previews as I'm back at work on Monday.

Susie McCabe would be good too.

Smith used to do late night tours of the Royal Mile, I recall one year chance his mitt taking the piss out of a Gurkha outside the castle, thankfully the guy kept his kukri in it's sheath.

He wasn't so lucky a few hundred yards down the road however when someone got him with a pail of water from 3 storeys up.

30 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

I saw Phil Kay doing stand up in Amsterdam on Saturday maybe a warm up for the festival, he was as mad, crazy and funny as ever.
Highlight of the night was when he licked his pinky and ran at a guy in the audience that had those silly hoop hole through the lobe earrings, he fish hooked his earring with his pinky, i couldn't breathe for laughing... Earring boy didn't see the funny side which made it even funnier.

I saw him once at the Strathclyde Union when he viciously verbally abused a guy in wheelchair then threw a chair into the crowd. Neither went down particularly well, even in a group of drunk students.

Anyway, I’m hoping to get to see one of the RHLSTP shows.

On 30/07/2019 at 16:23, JMDP said:

Glad I'm back home for this. Will definitely be going to see Pete Firman, brilliant magician. Also, will go and see Akala discussing his book.

Could be pretty interesting. I'm going to see him at the Liquid Rooms tomorrow, which should be class.

Apart from that I have nothing else booked, though I am still tempted by Limmy discussing his book, and Jerry Sadowitz as I'm curious to see just how fucked up his show really is.

Amazing shows to be had for sure in Edinburgh. Could be a belter this Saturday. Top japester Jim Goodwin is bringing his comedy troupe to a venue down Leith way.

You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll demand new signings.

24 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Trust those sour faced wanks to have something to complain about the fringe. Spend all year writing articles about how everyone is slightly wrong about everything then wonder why their crowdfunding never works.

Harsh Mixu.

I dont agree with it all, but it raises some interesting points.