Edinburgh Fringe 2019

Went yesterday and saw Andy Field who was great, Ray Bradshaw who’s new show is very good, Loyiso Gola who was pretty inconsistent (also referred to the audience as English which was very fucking annoying) then Police Cops, who always seem to put on the funniest show at the Fringe.

Went to see If You’re Feeling Sinister as well (being a Thistle fan, it’d be rude not to) and once you get past the bird’s annoying as f**k American accent, it’s actually pretty decent.

Really wanted to see Angeles Epithemiou and David O’Doherty but both of them were sold out. Might try and head back through at some point before it ends.

Last time I went to the fringe I had a flyer boy explaining to me why I should go and see Stephen K Amos with me countering that I'd rather eat my firstborn than go and see Stephen K Amos, unaware that Stephen K Amos was standing behind me, apparently not particularly amused. Oops.

18 hours ago, Jason King said:

Anyone going to the Fringe just to see comedians really needs to look at their life choices.

Saw one comedian who gets pass marks from me for explaining why the vile Emma Thomson is a complete c**t for 5 minutes of his act.

Garrett Millerick? I rather enjoy his stuff.

His love for kitchen nightmares is kindred AF.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

5 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Garrett Millerick? I rather enjoy his stuff.

His love for kitchen nightmares is kindred AF.

It was - a Brian Blessed lookalike who hates Emma Thomson and ponders the stupidity of people going on Kitchen Nightmares.

...and there is so much at the Fringe that just limiting yourself to stand up is bizarre - see some Oxbridge graduates lose mummys allowance by putting on a show that involves interpretive dance expressed through puppets, hunt down someone who was in Holby City 15 years ago now doing a one man drama about something major like Lockerbie/Brexit/Chernobyl, see a cabaret or circus, go beyond the Pleasance/Assembly/Underbelly, see a standup you've never heard of before, AVOID ANYTHING THAT SELLS ITSELF AS "WORK IN PROGRESS", ANYTHING ABOUT BREXIT/TRUMP, OR IMPROV, just open the programme at random and pick a show from that page.

Don't follow the herd to see Frank Skinner, Stewart Lee and their ilk - get out there and see the shows in shipping containers or hotel basements.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49395718
So the joke might make even Zen cringe but is the charity right to get their knickers in a twist over this?

No, I think folk at the charity need to dry their eyes. I had a look at the BBC Scotland Facebook post about the joke and noticed that Johnny Davidson, the well known Scottish guy with Tourette’s, has commented slamming the joke - questioning whether we are still in the dark ages. Although he thinks it’s okay for people to giggle when he swears or says something ridiculous like “your dugs got tits” - but is grossly offended when a comedian makes a lighthearted play on words joke. Guys a complete hypocrite.

Rosette No. 3 is up in Edinburgh again, after enjoying last year's fringe so much. She's volunteering for an events organisation - the work's unpaid, but bed and board are free. She's seen 33 shows so far, having arrived at Waverley on Saturday lunchtime. This stamina did not come from my side of the family.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I'll be honest, if that's the pinnacle of all jokes at the Fringe then I'm not missing much, but there is no doubt that woman from the Tourettes charity is one of, if not the biggest, wet wipe ever to walk this earth.
Most jokes are shite when they’re written down, it's all about the way you tell em, likes, and the

timing.

Rosette No. 3 is up in Edinburgh again, after enjoying last year's fringe so much. She's volunteering for an events organisation - the work's unpaid, but bed and board are free. She's seen 33 shows so far, having arrived at Waverley on Saturday lunchtime. This stamina did not come from my side of the family.

I speak for us all when I say we absolutely know it comes from Mrs WRK...

Just sat through my first, and only, ever unbearably bad free comedy show that I’ve been counting down the seconds for it to finish because I felt too awkward to leave early (us being two of only about 12 in the audience). A genuinely surreal, and horrible, experience.

On 13/08/2019 at 03:45, carpetmonster said:

Last time I went to the fringe I had a flyer boy explaining to me why I should go and see Stephen K Amos with me countering that I'd rather eat my firstborn than go and see Stephen K Amos, unaware that Stephen K Amos was standing behind me, apparently not particularly amused. Oops.

That was probably the funniest thing that happened at the Fringe by the sound of it.