Dundee v Aberdeen

johnnydun

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You could be right, the highlights miss the initial contact as it's following the ball and there's no other angle on it. I also only saw the attacker falling down at the time so can't really comment.

ETA - Considine didn't really complain post match, he just said he conceded a stupid penalty

It's one of these incidents that could lead to the referee giving ten penalties per game.  Or completely ignoring all contact.

The Dundee guy took a gamble, created the contact and won the penalty.  I'm sure that if he does exactly the same thing next week a different referee may ignore it. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Dele said:

And he'd be right to, as its as clear a penalty as you're likely to see. 

Good to see that Andrew Dallas posts on here. 

It's one of these incidents that could lead to the referee giving ten penalties per game.  Or completely ignoring all contact.

The Dundee guy took a gamble, created the contact and won the penalty.  I'm sure that if he does exactly the same thing next week a different referee may ignore it. 

My first instinct was that it was a stonewaller - no replay will change that view.

I also thought you were lucky not to be penalised for handball as well - I've seen those given - even without VAR.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My first instinct was that it was a stonewaller - no replay will change that view.

I also thought you were lucky not to be penalised for handball as well - I've seen those given - even without VAR.

Hugh Dallas as well. The whole set 😅

Ach, only jesting. Like the one we should have had the week before, what's the point in going back over it ?

Good luck with the rest of the season, big Andy's looking forward to meeting you again in the Scottish.

The hand ball penalty claim has irked me the most tbh. Similar to Hearts first penalty on Friday. Defender doesn’t mean the contact with the arm but rules define any handball in the box, accidental or not is a penalty. Inept refereeing once again and I can see many given and many not given over the season.

The actual penalty was a stonewaller and I’d be seriously annoyed if one of our centre half’s did the same.

Anyway Aberdeen are obviously a very good side and they showed this by still grinding out a victory when they were playing poorly. This result will probably set them on a decent run of victories.

It’s pleasing we matched them and outplayed them at times and I hope we put in these performances on a consistent basis this season. No point in just raising it as it’s a bigger club they’re up against.

Many positives but I still don’t know what our best eleven is.

The way Dundee played that game they always risked tiring themselves out - they were absolute men possessed closing down our players in packs and it was clear some of ours hated every minute of it - Funso for starters.

The fact that on Thursday our players spent 70 minutes being traffic cones, meant we had enough in the tank - with help from subs who contributed positively, to take an element of control for maybe the last ten minutes and extra time.

We will see if getting back to one game a week improves us, as the manager seems to be alluding to.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, but some of our fans are brutally unforgiving with even Joe getting it after a poor kick out in the second half.

As for Dundee - good luck for the season ahead - hope to see you back up ahead of your noisy neighbours and you look good enough to do so.

Edited by tarapoa

18 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm surprised nobody brought up this before.

Dundee's penalty was the classic 'player backs into defender and when defender doesn't move then player falls down'. 

Collum, who was a good 30 yards away, bought it lock, stock and barrel. 

Collum was a "a good 30 yards away" yet you got a better view from the other end of the pitch? Nice one.

I've just seen the highlights as I was in the air during the game but Jack Hamilton has to be coming out and claiming that ball for the equaliser. Watching it fall from the sky and letting an attacker get a header on it 3 yards from goal while glued to your line is shite IMO.

I’m still trying to work out how Collum with an unobstructed view about 10-15 yards away didn’t even award a free-kick when the Dundee hammer-thrower poleaxed Wilson near the end of extra time. Seemed very similar to Ball clattering into Ryan Christie in the Semi last season , for which Christie got a free kick and Ball got his second yellow.

Also similar to Boyata knocking GMS spark out in the final last season for which Boyata got ........a goal kick.

If Wilson hadn’t been wiped out on Sunday he looked likely to have a clear run in on goal for a clear goal scoring opportunity. Straight red  for the assailant , surely ?

Edited by A96

I’m still trying to work out how Collum with an unobstructed view about 10-15 yards away didn’t even award a free-kick when the Dundee hammer-thrower poleaxed Wilson near the end of extra time. Seemed very similar to Ball clattering into Ryan Christie in the Semi last season , for which Christie got a free kick and Ball got his second yellow.

Also similar to Boyata knocking GMS spark out in the final last season for which Boyata got ........a goal kick.

If Wilson hadn’t been wiped out on Sunday he looked likely to have a clear run in on goal for a clear goal scoring opportunity. Straight red  for the assailant , surely ?

Don’t get started, Logan should of been sent off for two bookable offences for his tackles on Robertson and Nelson.

15 hours ago, Moo said:

Don’t get started, Logan should of been sent off for two bookable offences for his tackles on Robertson and Nelson.

We were surprised the first one wasn't a yellow card.

However, would he have committed the second foul if he was on a yellow?   Shinnie seemed remarkably good at avoiding doing so during his plethora of yellows - Funso Ojo however has already proven he isn't that smart.  Shay probably falls into the latter camp given his susceptibility to brainfarts  e.g. the penalty at Rijeka away that we never recovered from....

On 18/08/2019 at 23:47, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Who’s the w****r in the pink” was probably it tbh.

There was a lassie wearing a pink jacket a bit down from the guy in the pink shorts who thought we were singing about her. She was mortified 😂