Dundee v Aberdeen

johnnydun

We were missing Hemmings tbf. And the size of budget is equal to the difference between you and Celtic. Absolutely not an excuse. You're through which is all that matters, but that was as bad as I've seen Aberdeen at Dens since the Steve Paterson days. Being tired doesn't mean you should go for the long ball to Cosgrove from the first second to the last.
I disagree completely with that. Us being tired means players will struggle to find space in enerhised and organised Dundee midfield and therefore our defenders will take the easy option and just kick it up the pitch. Us having a much larger budget doesn't change the fact that the XI that started were incredibly lethargic and obviously fatigued (Mcginn, Logan and Leigh especially). It does mean however that we had the oportunity to start and should have started with players like McLennan, Wilson, Campbell or even Wright. The fact is though our team have played twice the amount of football in two weeks than any Dundee player has, performed horrifically and are into the next round.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're through which is all that matters, but that was as bad as I've seen Aberdeen at Dens since the Steve Paterson days.

Just checked up Steve Paterson's Dens Park record in his 18 months at Pittodrie.  He had a couple of wins and a draw. Dundee had a much better team in those days.  

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, A96 said:

For all that we were really poor for about 75 minutes , Dundee still needed the aid of the ref to score 

I'm surprised nobody brought up this before.

Dundee's penalty was the classic 'player backs into defender and when defender doesn't move then player falls down'. 

Collum, who was a good 30 yards away, bought it lock, stock and barrel. 

Dundee's penalty was the classic 'player backs into defender and when defender doesn't move then player falls down'. 
PENALTY DUNDEE!

Considine trolling Dundee accusing them of long ball football on redtv last night.

And when big Andy speaks about Dundee, you listen. Well said.
He's just upset that we've abandoned the tippy tappy brand of football that guarantees him a hat trick.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Come on now. Even the RedTV lads said it was a pen.

Guest Bob Mahelp
43 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Come on now. Even the RedTV lads said it was a pen.

The Red TV guys think that Scott Wright is a good player. 

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite hard to tell from the opposite end and the redtv highlights are useless but I didn’t really have much complaint at the time.

Attacker backs into defender and wraps his arm back around him. Defender's arm has to go somewhere and the instinctive reaction is to put it in front of attacker's arm. As soon as attacker feels the touch he goes down with a yell. 

Collum fell for it hook, line and sinker. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Attacker backs into defender and wraps his arm back around him. Defender's arm has to go somewhere and the instinctive reaction is to put it in front of attacker's arm. As soon as attacker feels the touch he goes down with a yell. 

You could be right, the highlights miss the initial contact as it's following the ball and there's no other angle on it. I also only saw the attacker falling down at the time so can't really comment.

ETA - Considine didn't really complain post match, he just said he conceded a stupid penalty

Edited by Dons_1988

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There's a difference between a biased in house channel claiming one of our contracted players is good and claiming that the opposition penalty was definitely a penalty, no?

They said Andy hadn't meant to foul him but had slipped and wiped the guy out. Replay that I saw wasn't clear and they never showed it again after they revealed that bit of info just before the teams came back out for the second half.