Dundee v Aberdeen

johnnydun

21 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:
Arguing aside I'd rather see both Dundee teams in the top division next season. Preferably the tangerine lot through the play offs.

We need to strengthen our squad or we wont be going up. That team bar Hemmings was the best we have.

Wouldn't be surprised to see you get Wright back on loan.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Yes I’ve had the mare here, because you’ve clearly not changed your tune drastically in the last hour.IMG_0623.jpg

For the last time.

We were shite. Deserved to lose in 90 minutes.

Once we equalised we began to do the basics and looked the better team.

Once of your lot called me deluded because I had mentioned we were doing better in extra time. I sarcastically responded to him and in your seethe at seeing a win against an under par Aberdeen slip away in the last minute, you've went round in circles claiming I think we were the better team.

I didn't change my time at any point. Woeful in 90 minutes. Comfortable in extra time.

Calmed down a bit now, so gonna focus on the positives.

• That starting set up was great, this is a new squad but it looks like the best 11 and formation are starting to take shape. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 depending on the opposition and player availability.
  • McPake blew it with his subs, but under Strachan's guidance he'll learn from this. Would rather he made this mistake in a cup than a crucial league game.
  • One day we will sell Robertson for a fucking fortune.

I thought McLennan made a bit of a difference and at least injected some urgency when he came on, even if the end product wasn't always there - I'd get him back in the team for Kilmarnock. I'm not convinced by Hedges, Gallagher and McGinn as the three; we aren't quick enough to get the ball to them, but not enough happening when we do and the movement really hasn't been great - McGinn was subdued today, Hedges appears to be quite reliant on getting plenty time and space, and Gallagher tries his heart out but his quality with the ball is sorely lacking.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I thought McLennan made a bit of a difference and at least injected some urgency when he came on, even if the end product wasn't always there - I'd get him back in the team for Kilmarnock. I'm not convinced by Hedges, Gallagher and McGinn as the three; we aren't quick enough to get the ball to them, but not enough happening when we do and the movement really hasn't been great - McGinn was subdued today, Hedges appears to be quite reliant on getting plenty time and space, and Gallagher tries his heart out but his quality with the ball is sorely lacking.

Hedges wasn't helped by the fact he only received the ball at throat height for the first half. 

McLennan, Hedges with Ferguson and Bryson supporting from deep for me 

I bet that makes it even more galling to lose doesn't it? 1471452315-schafernaker.gif.651f88547bae2cd6e1e52b64130247c9.gif
Not really - more annoyed that we had it in our own hands and the substitutions blew it.

Ultimately it doesn't matter - for us the league has to be our number one priority - hence why I was more than happy not to risk Hemmings today.

Really like our shape and formation - it I believe was one of the big reasons Aberdeen just couldn't get going - just need a bit more depth on our bench - so we could sub like for like.

Thought we deserved it over 90 mins. Aberdeen struggled to match our intensity and physicality and we played better football. I was actually surprised at how bad Aberdeen were. Once we took Johnson, Ness and Todd off it changed things. Ness absolutely bossed the middle of the park.

Really encouraged by us, thought we were really good all over the park. Good luck to Aberdeen in the next round!

2 minutes ago, Muggy said:

Thought we deserved it over 90 mins. Aberdeen struggled to match our intensity and physicality and we played better football. I was actually surprised at how bad Aberdeen were. Once we took Johnson, Ness and Todd off it changed things. Ness absolutely bossed the middle of the park.

Really encouraged by us, thought we were really good all over the park. Good luck to Aberdeen in the next round!

You did the things we usually do week in, week out. That was the most upsetting part. Our 90 minutes was worse than the week before but Dundee deserve a lot of credit for that.

Dundee should've been out of sight in the first half but weren't. After those chances and the pen, they weren't in it as much.

As soon as McGowan came on I reckoned we had a chance. Never seen him be anything other than complete rubbish. Dundee fans seemed to rate him highly for some reason I'll never understand.

Wilson and McLennan in particular gave us decent attacking options. Before then we were playing like a team who had just lost 3 games in a row with pretty abject performances. Lacking in confidence and the fans also subdued. A noticable lift from everyone once we scored. Sometimes that's all it takes to turn things around. Hopefully we kick on again from here!