Celtic vs Dunfermline

parxyz

8 hours ago, ali_91 said:

ETA: And it’s not Celtic fans ‘getting offended,’ at peado chants, it’s the victims of the historic child abuse seeing their horrific experiences being used to score points at a game of football. Absolutely pathetic stuff to be defending that. 

They were chanting it at one guy. 

9 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Came on here expecting to read Dunfermline fans condemning their fans singing about people’s mental health issues and child abuse, and instead we have ten pages of ‘but what about them.’ Everybody knows Old Firm fans are generally scum, that’s why everybody hates them. If you’re basing your moral compass on what Celtic and Rangers do you’re a mile off. 

Special mention to the boy conflating anti Celtic and anti Catholic songs, trying to work out how one is fine but not the other. 

ETA: And it’s not Celtic fans ‘getting offended,’ at peado chants, it’s the victims of the historic child abuse seeing their horrific experiences being used to score points at a game of football. Absolutely pathetic stuff to be defending that. 

Literally no one cares m8

Came on here expecting to read Dunfermline fans condemning their fans singing about people’s mental health issues and child abuse, and instead we have ten pages of ‘but what about them.’ Everybody knows Old Firm fans are generally scum, that’s why everybody hates them. If you’re basing your moral compass on what Celtic and Rangers do you’re a mile off. 
Special mention to the boy conflating anti Celtic and anti Catholic songs, trying to work out how one is fine but not the other. 
Fucksake Ali

On 20/08/2019 at 12:12, Merkland Red said:

Not missing any point at all. The ****** word was bad. Then Celtic fans used it on a banner. Now it's bad if you use it with b*****d or another insult behind it.

It just shouldn't be used at all. Even by your lot.

This is very close to "why is it offensive when I say 'n****r' but it's fine when Jay-Z does it?".

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

This is very close to "why is it offensive when I say 'n****r' but it's fine when Jay-Z does it?".

Not really. I'm stating no-one should be using the f***** word. Drew appears to be of the opinion it's fine to call him a f***** but not a f***** b*****d.

12 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Tom Boyd may be of the opinion that the plight of Celtic fans is comparable to black people in America but to everyone normal that's both ridiculous and offensive.

Everyone anyone,it's good to see that one mans opinion has polarised the Scottish media's storm in a teacup.

The OF get panned relentlessly on here and their fans are expected to condemn it and grovel for forgiveness, but if a diddy team support disgraces themselves the standards are completely different.

Dunfermline fans have been incredibly scummy in their reaction to this.

I'll now get AYE BUT WHIT ABOOT DEAN SHIELS, which was horrific from the Falkirk fans

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The OF get panned relentlessly on here and their fans are expected to condemn it and grovel for forgiveness, but if a diddy team support disgraces themselves the standards are completely different.

Dunfermline fans have been incredibly scummy in their reaction to this.

Hide contents

I'll now get AYE BUT WHIT ABOOT DEAN SHIELS, which was horrific from the Falkirk fans

Did you forget when they sang ira songs during a remembrance silence at blastzone stadium?

Edited by D.A.F.C

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Did you forget when they sang ira songs during a remembrance silence at blastzone stadium?

What has that got to do with anything? So because they acted up then that gives Dunfermline fans a free pass to be openly sectarian? Why would you be looking for an excuse to behave that way?

Since when did anyone on here say it was ok? If Falkirk play the of there will be fans in there shouting crap. Stop trying to get one over on the pars.

The most scummiest ever behaviour I’ve ever seen was at brockville, a generation of pars fans absolutely disgusted with Falkirk.

12 hours ago, ali_91 said:

This is poor Dele ma man. Just because you have watched a video of them chanting it at one guy does not mean they weren’t singing it at Celtic fans as a whole. Here’s something from somebody actually at the game. 

39EFC1EC-9F92-4AC9-B4E4-52EB6DCDC1DE.png

You are then of course presuming that everyone who is singing it about Celtic and not about the weird looking fella? Asked my mates at the game and they were under the impression it was about the fella who keeps his phone in the microwave. 

I reckon the truth has fallen somewhere in the middle, fans near segregation see some dodgy looking bloke, call him a nonce. Other fans hearing it might join in seing what it's about but there's no chance it was everyone's intentions. 

Final word on this from me. I feel that the fans who sang the f word are scumbags.
To sing stuff at a fan who was more interested in taunting us from the kick off than watching the game is wrong and distasteful but understandable.
Myself and others aren't hiding the fact we have some scumbags among our support like every team unfortunately.
I was at the game and I've never seen such taunting and cry baby reactions from away fans for decades. Squaring up to children and threatening to fight people for no real reason. Take it from me if any side and I mean any side are playing at celtic park and their side is doing well their fans will react badly to you. They seem very insecure and reactionary to something that must get sung at them most games.
If celtic had beaten cluj and the green brigade was there this would be an non issue.
Let's monitor how all away fans are treated at Celtic park. I wont be going back. It's not safe.

44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

To sing stuff at a fan who was more interested in taunting us from the kick off than watching the game is wrong and distasteful 

Nah that's what it's all about, great patter providing it itself is not racist/sectarian etc. He did look like the sort of bloke who put his milk in before his cereal, wrong 'un imo. 

53 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m not presuming anything, the fact that some of your fans were singing it at an individual doesn’t change anything I’m saying. 

To me it seemed you were saying the chants were primarily about the child abuse scandal, from what I've been told that wasn't the case, sorry if I've misunderstood you. 

Using the child abuse scandal as a point scoring excercise is poor patter and something that shouldn't be happening, same with the use of the F word, nae excuses.