Celtic vs Dunfermline

parxyz

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Dunfermline fans singing about "f****n b*****ds" and "Jimmy Savile" and then being surprised at being accused of being Rangers sympathisers, is it?

708D08C2-6843-454E-A44C-727BA7DBB9FD.jpeg.1c8bf7a4f2e5a389e52bc11a9c09ee23.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

They'd probably be justified if there were Dunfermline fans singing about feenyins yesterday as you alluded to. Is that correct? Absolutely shameful if so. 

Think there may have been a few bluenoses in the away end tbh, they tried to start a rendition of GSTQ which was roundly fucked off.

Forrest's goal is so lucky, it's apish shot that takes a huge deflection to put it in the bottom corner. First is an absolute fluke too, but Scully should be in a better position for it. Very pleasing to see that we were never actually succesfully broken down during 120 minutes against the 8 times champions of scotland and treble treble winners and that they needed two massive bits of luck to see us off.

Why would trying to offend Celtic mean you like Rangers? 

Because they're singing exactly the same offensive songs that Rangers fans sing.

It's not like it's something like "Stand up if you hate Celtic" which is just an anti-Celtic song, instead it's an anti-Catholic song specifically associated with Rangers (and to a lesser extent Hearts).

Because they're singing exactly the same offensive songs that Rangers fans sing.

It's not like it's something like "Stand up if you hate Celtic" which is just an anti-Celtic song, instead it's an anti-Catholic song specifically associated with Rangers (and to a lesser extent Hearts).

So some types of hatred are okay? Got it.

Celtic must be relieved to have edged through going by the highlights. Had a few decent chances but the Pars looked to have set up well defensively.

Great goal by Beado. Who was the Pars player who roasted the Celtic defender to set him up?

Also who was the Celtic defender? 

Worrying times for Celtic with some big games coming up.

Credit to the Pars, just didn't create enough chances to win it at the end of the day.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What song was it? The one that Killie sing but change the words a bit? 🤔

Think there may have been a few bluenoses in the away end tbh, they tried to start a rendition of GSTQ which was roundly fucked off.

I have to be honest I never heard that, it must have been snuffed out pretty quickly.
I have been to Parkhead in the 80s with the Sheep and the Pars fans were angels yesterday compared to some of the songs sung then.
Fans these days seem to be offended pretty easily these days.
Look what happened in Honduras to see what real trouble at football is.
My thoughts are with those affected as no one should go to watch their team play and never come home.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Dunfermline fans singing about "f****n b*****ds" and "Jimmy Savile" and then being surprised at being accused of being Rangers sympathisers, is it?

I've heard Kilmarnock fans singing the same stuff when celtic visit Rugby Park, then when we visit we get similar.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Unfortunately, that’s true. I’d also wager that the same group of fannies would give it the “orange/h** b*****ds” at Ibrox. It’s a section of our support that, rather than favouring one side of the Old Firm, think that absolutely any chant is fair game.

See above.

Basically this, football fans going out of their way to offend opponents is hardly new.

So some types of hatred are okay? Got it.

If you think hating Celtic and hating Catholics are both equally valid viewpoints then batter on.

It's a shame the Dunfermline fans' behaviour have taken some of the shine off what was a big performance by their players. We should be spending this time laughing at Celtic instead of how some Pars fans have dragged their club's reputation through the mud.

I can't quite believe those quotes from Tom Boyd. What an absolute roaster.
I (along with others I'm sure) actually thought that Celtic got most of the decisions their way, but that's the script I suppose. Can't tell for the first shout but have slowed the Ashcroft one down and he defo has his heels clipped.
The following seethe from Bitton was quite astounding tbqh, and that was as blatant a yellow card I've ever seen. Initiated a scuffle, kept it going, then when everything calmed down, he pushed him in the neck again. But hey, what can you do when you're playing against 12 men?
Can also confirm the wee fannies charging at families outside the ground rightly shat their pants as soon as a horse came thrashing towards them. One of many, many minters they and their team took today.
Best fans in the world. Ha ha ha.

Celtic must be relieved to have edged through going by the highlights. Had a few decent chances but the Pars looked to have set up well defensively.
Great goal by Beado. Who was the Pars player who roasted the Celtic defender to set him up?
Also who was the Celtic defender? 
Worrying times for Celtic with some big games coming up.
Credit to the Pars, just didn't create enough chances to win it at the end of the day.

Was a great finish by Beadling, who timed his run well.

Was Andy Ryan that went on the long run and played the cut back. Think it was McGregor that was left on his arse. Hard to believe he was played at full back in a big game midweek!

On balance of play, Celtic deserved the win, but think we deserve a lot of credit for our performance and organisation.

Also think the stats are a bit misleading. Yes, Celtic had 31 shots and 11 on target. But many of those on target were poor shots from distance that didn’t trouble the keeper and a lot of the shots off target were from distance and never threatened the goal. From our point of view, it was pleasing to restrict them to that. At the end of the day, the 2 goals we conceded were a mishit cross that dipped into the top corner and a very late winner that took a huge deflection to take it into the far corner.

Given Celtic’s domestic form in their first 2 games of the season, I feared the worst yesterday. The team did us proud though and deserve a lot of credit, even if a number of our fans let us down with some of their songs.

I've no problem with the 'Stand up if you hate Celtic' stuff, it's a football match at the end of the day and that's football banter, no big deal. 

The constant chants about peadophilia though, which was a constant all afternoon and the vile chant about Jay Beattie were amongst the worst ive heard at the football in years, ive heard some really horrid shit sung at times, including on occasion by our own fans but that yesterday was up there with the worst ive listened to, a large section of the Dunfermline support yesterday were utter scum, pure and simple, I'd like to think that no one on here would try and play it down or belittle it.