Celtic vs Dunfermline

parxyz

Can't fault Dunfermline in any way for their performance today.  Very impressed with their set up. 

Celtic reminded me of when Tony Mowbray was in charge.  Lots of the ball, creating some chances but never really looking like much was going to happen.  Not great but will take it. 

What was the crowd at Celtic Park today? It’s the only League Cup match where the crowd hasn’t been released by the home team. Are the club who have the greatest fans in the world embarrassed to tell everyone how few of the Green Brigade were there?

What was the crowd at Celtic Park today? It’s the only League Cup match where the crowd hasn’t been released by the home team. Are the club who have the greatest fans in the world embarrassed to tell everyone how few of the Green Brigade were there?

I couldn't see any green brigade. Did they boycott? Atmosphere was terrible from the home fans. I'd say 5k to 10k left at 90 mins.

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I couldn't see any green brigade. Did they boycott? Atmosphere was terrible from the home fans. I'd say 5k to 10k left at 90 mins.

They were there but their leader had a game in London or something so they didn't want to sing

4 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

As much as I'm loving both of this - as the comments where made on Celtic TV are Celtic/Tom Boyd potentially looking at a fine/ban for referee conspiracies?

It was a penalty, though. Shocking decision by Mr. Beaton.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Always the victim! Thought the Pars support was brilliant today. Celtic were undoubtedly the better team and deserved to win. Some sour grapes on Twitter tonight about some songs the Pars fans were singing. They sometimes only hear what they want to hear and not what’s actually being sung.

And yet a Dunfermline fan who was at the game says otherwise in a comment a few spots above your comment.

The less said about that game the better, only positive i can take is that we're into the next round.

Also it was fucking baltic in the upper tier during the 2nd half/ET (Its August ffs and probably didnt help that i didnt bring a jacket).

Need to play alot better than that in the games to come if we want positive results thats for sure.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Don't know about attendance @Parkhead....but I can tell you I was deeply unimpressed with the HOME attendance @ Easter Road today.....Morton brought 1500/2000……….do the arithmetic!

Absolutely outstanding stuff from us. Everyone else has touched on it, but you can’t overstate just how good our tactics were. Lewis Martin was an absolute beast and didn’t look out of place at all. The scenes when we made it 1-1 is one of the best moments I can remember watching us, even though I ripped my jeans as I fell 2 rows down and a rather large gentleman fell on top of me.

Proud as f**k of every one of them today and, no matter what gets said by Victim FC fans, we played them to a T and it took a bit of luck and spark from Forrest to get an extremely late winner.

We replicate that sort of performance for the rest of the season, then we have an excellent chance of making the play-offs.

COYP

Th Celtic fans didn’t sing once for the entire game.

Greatest. Fans. In. The. World.

Protesting against the board whilst paying ticket money to then carry out the protest. Thick as f**k. Bigot Brothers fans for you.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Guy with the hat ran over from behind the goals. The stewards let him ask kids for a fight for a good few mins.Screenshot_20190817-195122_Chrome.jpeg

I didn't know there were boys still jumping about in Aquascutum. Glasgow's fucking mental, man.

6 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

The state of that sweaty slug in the Burberry cap. Offt

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Also from above, didn't know Burberry was still a thing. FFS.

*shakes head*

Ken your ned culture, boys. Ken your ned culture.

13 hours ago, Romeo said:

Things that never happened thread for this pish

13 hours ago, Romeo said:
13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
They're a bunch of childish fragile ego bad losers. Saw it in action today, fans ran across from half the stand away running up to the barrier and asking wee boys for a fight. One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Also not one celtic fan applauded us or the great support. If a lower league team had did that at eep I'm sure a few pars fans would have clapped them off.Worst fans I've ever seen.

Also the police and stewards were totally one sided.

Another "never happened" story.

13 hours ago, Adam101 said:

No doubt you'll want to add some wee Ned's running at the Pars fans wearing Celtic balaclavas before the police horse charged them. No doubt there are plenty decent fans but so many of them today were heads gone when we sung Champions League your having a laugh, where's your teirney gone and the rather tounge in cheek what a shite he support. Sorry champ but so many of the fans are a total rable

Can confirm that all of these things happened.

Absolutely delighted to know that these people justify their existence and validate themselves based on their football team and, despite winning, went home as absolute seething messes. Delicious.

Cracking performance from the pars, Lewis Martin was absolutely sensational, unbelievable performance from the boy that I honestly didn't think he was capable of. Speacial mentio to Stuart Morrison too, didn't notice him much tbh, considering he was up against Edouard and Griffiths and is just starting his first proper season at EEP that is an outstanding achievement.

Edwaards was very good also, Andy Ryan seemed like he was possessed too, never seen that level of hunger and determination from him, hopefully that continues in game like Arbroath. 

Special mention to Paul Paton for coming over to the fans acting like he was a dunfermline man through and through and had been at the club his whole career rather than a few months, proper tears in the eyes, pointing to the badge stuff. I live for that level of pageantry and  shithousery, what a man.

28 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Wait, a Dunfermline fan is upset as Celtic fans didn’t applaud the away support or players :lol: 

I was exceptionally upset at the way our fans were treated, Celtic fans have a tradition that if they are out sung at Celtic park they respect the opposition and swap scarves, as they didn't do that yesterday it was disappointing and upsetting.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/11/video-celtic-barcelona-fans-swapped-flags-scarves-wednesday-night/