Arbroath vs QOTS

1 hour ago, ASC1878 said:

I think a point was correct for both teams , both had chances to score just couldn’t take them.

Also, the QOS fan base , all I have to say is wow, strangers bunch I’ve ever laid my eyes on, definitely hard drives needing checked if you pardon the pun.

Onto next week

#superredlichties36-0

Worry about your own pub team set up regarding non functioning toilets and pie shops...

8 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Is mccrorie on loan at u guys? Didn’t test him as much as we would have liked but i was impressed with him, especially his distribution

Aye, season long loan. The boy should have a decent future ahead of him. 

Not according to the QOS manager who thought the pitch was "sticky" which he mentioned as a reason his team didn't win a couple of times, doubt his team will play on a better grass pitch all season but he did come across in the interview as a greeting faced misery guts.

I don’t get that comment at all - pitch was presented immaculately and compared to these awful artificial carpets as a spectacle it is a no contest. Sticky is probably one of the few adjectives I wouldn’t use to describe our pitch because the ball bobbles constantly when going from A to B and the “bounce” factor is huge. In theory we should have an advantage at home with this element seemingly in our favour but our record since installing it is uninspiring to say the least. Alloa pitch is worse than ours for no other reason than the “narrowing” initiative has done what it set out to do - create an anti football experience with ball constantly out of play and no fluidity.

11 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Those two Queens fans trying to scrap with the stewards was very amusing. Absolute brain donors.

A complete  pair of weapons who now need to consider their positions on the committee of a Queens supporters club. 

Please for one second don’t think we’re all like them two. We all had a great day out in Arbroath and can’t wait to return again. 

A complete  pair of weapons who now need to consider their positions on the committee of a Queens supporters club. 
Please for one second don’t think we’re all like them two. We all had a great day out in Arbroath and can’t wait to return again. 

Na i spoke to a few queen’s fans who wished us all the best etc, clearly just 2 absolute walloper’s

I don’t get that comment at all - pitch was presented immaculately and compared to these awful artificial carpets as a spectacle it is a no contest. Sticky is probably one of the few adjectives I wouldn’t use to describe our pitch because the ball bobbles constantly when going from A to B and the “bounce” factor is huge. In theory we should have an advantage at home with this element seemingly in our favour but our record since installing it is uninspiring to say the least. Alloa pitch is worse than ours for no other reason than the “narrowing” initiative has done what it set out to do - create an anti football experience with ball constantly out of play and no fluidity.
I watched a 3G game the other day at Synergy Park in Killie. It was a far better surface than the one we have. I don't know anything about their upkeep but can these things be over-used or poorly maintained? I really can't remember our pitch being as terrible when we first got it.

3 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I think there's far too much being read into this. All pitches are "sticky" on a warm day. They need moisture for the ball to run more quickly. It's a symptom which is exaggerated by an artificial pitch but the grass one was still "a bit sticky" on Saturday in the heat. I don't think he meant any more than that. I'm pretty sure he'd have said the same thing had it been at Palmerston in the same weather.

That said, the idea that the Arbroath one, as nice as it looked, was some of of pristine bowling green is fanciful. I remember commenting at one point during the game about how a ball played across the middle of the park rolling along the ground was bobbling significantly on its way. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think there's far too much being read into this. All pitches are "sticky" on a warm day. They need moisture for the ball to run more quickly. It's a symptom which is exaggerated by an artificial pitch but the grass one was still "a bit sticky" on Saturday in the heat. I don't think he meant any more than that. I'm pretty sure he'd have said the same thing had it been at Palmerston in the same weather.

That said, the idea that the Arbroath one, as nice as it looked, was some of of pristine bowling green is fanciful. I remember commenting at one point during the game about how a ball played across the middle of the park rolling along the ground was bobbling significantly on its way. 

He was trying to use the condition of the pitch as part of the reason for his team not winning the game which is utterly ridiculous, what's he gonna be like in the depth of winter when the pitches will be in a state.

23 minutes ago, keptie said:

He was trying to use the condition of the pitch as part of the reason for his team not winning the game which is utterly ridiculous, what's he gonna be like in the depth of winter when the pitches will be in a state.

Give it a rest, game is done with and a point is shared. He won't be the last manager to come out with this season at any ground if that's what he was solely intending to say. Unless you are the groundsman I see no need to be so offended. 

Give it a rest, game is done with and a point is shared. He won't be the last manager to come out with this season at any ground if that's what he was solely intending to say. Unless you are the groundsman I see no need to be so offended. 
I don't like managers talking shite, not used to that with DC in charge of us..see you lot next game..in the borders[emoji4]

21 minutes ago, keptie said:

I don't like managers talking shite, not used to that with DC in charge of us..see you lot next game..in the bordersemoji4.png

We should be talking about more pressing matters. Like why have yous only got one pie shop for the whole ground? 

We should be talking about more pressing matters. Like why have yous only got one pie shop for the whole ground? 
There's 2 actually one was put out of action with an electrical fault pre- match which the club apologised for over the tannoy, can't remember it ever happening before.

5 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Are there any pubs near the ground at all, bar the stadium bar?

Wrong thread maybe.  4 boozers within a 5 min walk.  The Devorgilla is a decent pub where the Dev travel club are based . You also have The Globe  , The Salutation and the Spread Eagle.  All in street just before you go over bridge into town from Palmerston.  Or just after bridge coming from town 😁😁

In town Dickies bar or Hole I' The Wa . You wont go thirsty that's for sure