Arbroath vs QOTS

Simon so again you miss the bigger picture. How many times did hammy give possession away yesterday when he had time but no comment from you. How many times did Whatley lose the ball when strikers had made runs again no comment . How many times did bobby not get his head and pass but no comment. Simon said last week we so need a playmaker in midfield to see those runs from strikers

As someone who can’t attend many games I’m happy to read Simon’s summary AND your comments. I suspect Whatley will miss out to Murphy and Gold more often than not this season. It’s a shame we didn’t sign left sided defensive cover - Hammy has no competition, everyone else does. Also with Bobby our main attacking threat you can’t expect him to be always tracking back. Dick likes to play with wingers so I expect a quick, strong, combative central midfield with creativity coming from Bobby plus one other.

QoS were the better side, their experience of playing in a higher league than us for quite some time made a difference, but we competed as well as we could and got off to a decent start in the Championship. But we gave their wide players too much room too often.

I'm not totally convinced with Stewart, he seems to be one paced, doesn't seem to have that extra bit of speed to get past players at this level. Thought McKenna made a difference when he came on, maybe should have come on earlier. The re-organised defence due to O'Brien's ban from last season was OK but will be more settled with O'Brien back.

The big QoS defender Semple must have taken a fancy for Stevie Doris, he couldn't keep his hands off Stevie for most of the game.

26 minutes ago, gone fishing said:

Hammy has had no competition for at least 3 seasons. But that’s not my point it’s the same old same old from guys on here let’s blame the striker when 99% of the time they are chasing lost causes

Let's see now the last 3 seasons 2 titles and 1 play-off for promotion place things definitely have not been working. We all appreciate Stevie Doris btw.

55 minutes ago, gone fishing said:

Simon so again you miss the bigger picture. How many times did hammy give possession away yesterday when he had time but no comment from you. How many times did Whatley lose the ball when strikers had made runs again no comment . How many times did bobby not get his head and pass but no comment. Simon said last week we so need a playmaker in midfield to see those runs from strikers

I didn't realise my thoughts was required on these specific things; if you could let me know in advance next time I'll make sure any after match posts from myself contain comments on the areas you need my opinion on :) :rolleyes: 

As I said, I don't think anyone was poor yesterday - everyone contributed and considering it's our first game at this level and IMO we put in an encouraging performance with plenty of positives, I don't want to single anyone out. Everyone, surely, agree's we need at least 1 more attacking option, most agree two. That doesn't have to be a slur on Doris, Spence, Donnelly, Linn or anyone else, it just means we quite clearly need different options. Neither Doris nor Spence really have the pace and movement to get in behind a defence, and in my opinion if we had someone with a bit of pace as an option to get in behind the last defender from a Spence/ Doris hold up/ flick on it'd give us another threat as currently we're very, very one dimensional. Both of them contributed positively to our overall performance yesterday, but as a partnership it simply doesn't have the goals needed in it IMO.

In terms of taking on a full back, Bobby Linn is the only player we have who can do that. What happens if he's injured/ suspended/ having a poor game? Regardless of that, what happens if we're in a position where we want to exploit both full backs/ add width to the game? Again, it doesn't have to be a slur on any of our other wide players (I'm a big fan of Scott Stewart for example) but they are different types of players to Bobby Linn. In some games, Omar/ Scott Stewart/ Gold or whoever could be option out wide depending on how the game is going/ who we're up against etc. We need to have a variety of options, or else everyone will just sit with a big line and two men on Bobby Linn and we'll have no way of adapting to that with what we've got.

Others to work with what we currently have could be viewed as bringing in players to compliment what we currently have. A player with the pace to get in behind after a Doris flick on, which he is superb at. Another wide player to make teams unable to double up on Bobby Linn and giving him more space to run into? These players all working together allowing Spence to get into space in the box and finish?

Bringing in a couple of different attacking options could be the best thing to happen to our other strikers......

On 03/08/2019 at 15:48, 19QOS19 said:

Two utterly shite sides who will be down the bottom come May. Alloa beating this mob gives me the fear. Lewis Kidd is an absolute imposter, can we leave him in the sea as we're so close? Paton as well.

Looks like we will be back here next season again.... in the actual seaside league. 

Gone fishing, not quite sure what you’re actually getting at, do you think Hamilton, Linn And Whatley should be dropped for making some errors yesterday? Or should they be sold?

our budget wouldnt cover getting in a second choice left back to just sit on the bench all year, despite us signing Wilson this same drivel gets discussed here nearly every week. Colin is close to being as good as you’re getting as a part time Lb/lcb

id imagine we can bring in one more player and that absolutely has to be a striker, wide attacker or someone in the hole behind as a playmaker. 

I think a point was correct for both teams , both had chances to score just couldn’t take them.

Also, the QOS fan base , all I have to say is wow, strangers bunch I’ve ever laid my eyes on, definitely hard drives needing checked if you pardon the pun.

Onto next week

#superredlichties36-0

Those two Queens fans trying to scrap with the stewards was very amusing. Absolute brain donors.

Saw these 2 trying it on, thought they were top class pavement dancers, lucky me and my young lad didn’t clap them around the lug, one of them looked like an extra off of stranger things , better watch your back when we come down to the borders haha

20 minutes ago, ASC1878 said:

Saw these 2 trying it on, thought they were top class pavement dancers, lucky me and my young lad didn’t clap them around the lug, one of them looked like an extra off of stranger things , better watch your back when we come down to the borders haha

Hahaha, they don't like it when you say that! I said it yesterday to a fan.

We all think it though. :)