Arbroath vs QOTS

I'm probably biased but Arbroath should have won that. I missed the offside goal, legit or off?

Stewart was brilliant, looks a shrewd signing. Murphy played very well too and looks a very good decent addition to the squad. Omar is a gent, and gives his all ; but he's not good enough, I really hope he proves me wrong and keeps them up but just don't see it. McKenna and Gold were both excellent when came on, no idea why but especially McKenna added energy to the side.

Can already seen the step up, Arbroath would have won this game 2-0 last season if it was League 1 and a little weaker opposition. Shows you what we have to to do to stay up, it''s going to be ask but seems they are up for it.

Saying all that, Jamieson was superb and kept the Lichties in it.

Queens fans - a good load of them and absolute gents to the few I met ; very gracious, modest guests and two mentioned the changing of stands and being back was pleasant for them. Hopefully get back to Borders for the return.

0-0 probably right. Not trying to be negative, but it's going to be a task to stay up ; but think we can do it, we can do anything under DC.

Edited by Kejan

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure if 19QOS19 and I were at the same game. 

I enjoyed the game. I felt we were the better side, especially first half, when we should have been in front. Connor should have scored when he got in 10 yards out. No idea why he tried to square it. And Jamieson either did brilliantly or got very lucky in the last second to effectively sit on the ball from Pybus' shot. Also thought we should have had a penalty when Pybus was bundled over in the box.

Second half Arbroath got better as the game went on and in the end not unhappy with the draw but I dont recall our keeper making a save of note apart from a point blank 1st half header straight at him. Jamieson definitely the busier keeper. The offside looked well off to me but will await footage to be sure.

For me Lewis Kidd had a decent game, as did Paton, but Connor Murray was our best again.

I thought the much maligned Kidd did fine (and I'm not a fan).  Paton I find hugely frustrating but he did OK. Murray was excellent first half especially.

Really impressed by McCrorie's distribution and the fact that he claimed a few crosses. I'd forgotten that a QOS keeper was allowed to do that. 

I really like Pybus. Given how little senior football he has played he looks really promising. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 minute ago, Kejan said:

I'm probably biased but Arbroath should have won that. I missed the offside goal, legit or off?

Stewart was brilliant, looks a shrewd signing. Murphy played very well too and looks a very good decent addition to the squad. Omar is a gent, and gives his all ; but he's not good enough, I really hope he proves me wrong and keeps them up but just don't see it. McKenna and Gold were both excellent when came on, no idea why but especially McKenna added energy to the side.

Can already seen the step up, Arbroath would have won this game 2-0 last season if it was League 1 and a little weaker opposition. Shows you what we have to to do to stay up, it''s going to be ask but seems they are up for it.

Saying all that, Jamieson was superb and kept the Lichties in it.

Queens fans - a good load of them and absolute gents to the few I met ; very gracious, modest guests and two mentioned the changing of stands and being back was pleasant for them. Hopefully get back to Borders for the return.

0-0 probably right. Not trying to be negative, but it's going to be a task to stay up ; but think we can do it, we can do anything under DC.

The "probably" in your opening sentence is superfluous.  There wasn't a great deal in it but we were the better side over the piece.

Great day out and to reciprocate the Arbroath fans I spoke to were a great bunch. 

Good luck finding us in "the Borders"

10 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Thought the playing surface was absolutely superb - what a difference to be playing on a quality grass pitch.

Not according to the QOS manager who thought the pitch was "sticky" which he mentioned as a reason his team didn't win a couple of times, doubt his team will play on a better grass pitch all season but he did come across in the interview as a greeting faced misery guts.

A good, entertaining game for a 0-0 in my opinion. Agree with Queens fans that overall they slightly shaded it - certainly they put us under more pressure and made our keeper work more than we did to them, however I'd say overall a draw probably a fair result. If either team were to score yesterday, it was much more likely to be Queens than ourselves.

I felt all of our players put in a good shift and wouldn't single anyone out for us as struggling, with everyone contributing to the overall performance. While it's blindingly obvious we need a couple of further attacking options, Spence is definitely a lot better than last year and he did contribute yesterday. However, the scoreline absolutely sums up the position we're in right now.....

Having played Alloa and QotS in the last two weeks, two teams who if we were to stay up we'd have to be looking at finishing above, I'd say we put in a much better performance today than last week. At this point in time, the clear difference is that these teams have much more up top than we do. Obviously Queens struggled to score today without Dobbie, but he will be back and is basically worth a goal a game. Trouten, Thomson, Cawley, Buchanan are all good striking options for Alloa but as of yet we don't really have much up top in terms of goals as we all know. I really feel our season and how competitive we are will almost entirely hinge on the quality of the 1/2 attacking options we bring in, and how they fit into the team. These signings will come this month, and I'm absolutely positive that we'll only be playing 1 more game maximum with our current attacking options.

Overall from an Arbroath perspective I'd say far more positives than negatives yesterday. We matched Queens for the majority of the game, our starting 11 worked well and was the correct choice in my opinion and the subs also worked nicely. Scott Stewart and James Murphy both add to our squad in my opinion, and both give us better/ different options to what else we have/ had last year in the midfield. Bob Wilson also looked surprisingly assured and it's good to see we may finally have a good backup defender in, but far too early to make full judgement. Aye we looked a bit toothless in front of goal yet again, and yes we definitely need another option or two up there, but we knew that prior to yesterday and nothing has changed on that front.

Not sure if 19QOS19 and I were at the same game. 
I enjoyed the game. I felt we were the better side, especially first half, when we should have been in front. Connor should have scored when he got in 10 yards out. No idea why he tried to square it. And Jamieson either did brilliantly or got very lucky in the last second to effectively sit on the ball from Pybus' shot. Also thought we should have had a penalty when Pybus was bundled over in the box.
Second half Arbroath got better as the game went on and in the end not unhappy with the draw but I dont recall our keeper making a save of note apart from a point blank 1st half header straight at him. Jamieson definitely the busier keeper. The offside looked well off to me but will await footage to be sure.
For me Lewis Kidd had a decent game, as did Paton, but Connor Murray was our best again.
We clearly were if you thought Kidd was decent. Did he even touch the ball in the second half? A complete waste of a jersey. Really hoping AJ has a CM lined up on loan as it's the area we need to strengthen.

I assume Pybus cuts his socks? Noticed this the last few games.

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I thought the much maligned Kidd did fine (and I'm not a fan).  Paton I find hugely frustrating but he did OK. Murray was excellent first half especially.

Really impressed by McCrorie's distribution and the fact that he claimed a few crosses. I'd forgotten that a QOS keeper was allowed to do that. 

I really like Pybus. Given how little senior football he has played he looks really promising. 

Aye, I walked in to that. I mind an infamous discussion on here about Dumfries not being the Borders, so apologies, I was close to asking someone if rugby was their first love!

Do you think you'll push for playoffs this season or end up mid-table? 

Glad you enjoyed yourself though. I'll take 8th right now. 

4 hours ago, keptie said:

Not according to the QOS manager who thought the pitch was "sticky" which he mentioned as a reason his team didn't win a couple of times, doubt his team will play on a better grass pitch all season but he did come across in the interview as a greeting faced misery guts.

His comments about the surface were embarrassing

To criticise that surface is bordering on laughable. Always quite liked Allan Johnstone but seemed to have a bee in his bonnet yesterday, the comment about they should be coming to places like Gayfield and winning came over as slightly crass also. 

To criticise that surface is bordering on laughable. Always quite liked Allan Johnstone but seemed to have a bee in his bonnet yesterday, the comment about they should be coming to places like Gayfield and winning came over as slightly crass also. 
I don't agree with the surface comment especially when you take into account how awful our pitch is. I've no issue with the second part though, those are games we should be looking to win. It's not arrogant, it's just a fact that there aren't many other grounds in the division where we'll be as confident. Tbh, Arbroath would be well within their right to say that was a game they should be looking to win as well as we'll be one if the easier teams to visit this season.

2 hours ago, Kejan said:

Aye, I walked in to that. I mind an infamous discussion on here about Dumfries not being the Borders, so apologies, I was close to asking someone if rugby was their first love!

Do you think you'll push for playoffs this season or end up mid-table? 

Glad you enjoyed yourself though. I'll take 8th right now. 

with a squad off 13 players i would be delighted with 8th

Watched the disallowed goal back about 4 times and also paused it, can’t see anyway how it can possibly be offside, was there any other infringement?
Linn was offside when Gold played the through ball. There was a very small delay in the pass or he would have been on.

Yeah it looks like he's off. The flag went up straight away as well. Our LB has his hand up and is quite relaxed. Had it been close I expect he'd be legging it back begging the linesman to put his flag up rather than the manner he did it.

Simon so again you miss the bigger picture. How many times did hammy give possession away yesterday when he had time but no comment from you. How many times did Whatley lose the ball when strikers had made runs again no comment . How many times did bobby not get his head and pass but no comment. Simon said last week we so need a playmaker in midfield to see those runs from strikers