Arbroath vs QOTS

Two utterly shite sides who will be down the bottom come May. Alloa beating this mob gives me the fear. Lewis Kidd is an absolute imposter, can we leave him in the sea as we're so close? Paton as well.

Well, how shit was that?
Genuine question - I wasn't there: How shit was that? 
I'd have loved it for us to have been shit. Beyond shit. Paton, Kidd and Hamilton are absolutely dreadful. I'll wait to see what the happy clappers have to say before commenting further. Give me time to chill out as well.

Take a point, not much between the teams Queens probably edged it our keeper had a few good saves we got ourselves into some decent positions but final ball let us down but we were ok, looked better when McKenna came on.

Positives? We’ve now taken as many points off Arbroath as we did against Alloa last year. We kept a clean sheet. It was sunny. Still unbeaten in the league.

Murray looked the most likely but no clinical finisher. We got into good positions but the shots were medium paced straight at the keeper. To be fair so were Arbroath’s.

Thought McCrorie looked very steady. Holt best defender.

All in all I didn’t think it was that bad a performance - we dominated possession, had 8 shots on target and created plenty of decent chances which should not have resulted in a home clean sheet.Defensively we were solid and McCrorie was confident and commanding.

It certainly wasn’t a classic -Oliver in particular got into some great positions but invariably took the wrong option. Murray did well again and was our best player.

Thought the playing surface was absolutely superb - what a difference to be playing on a quality grass pitch.

Thought Murphy done well agree pj Doris and little the best for us. Bobby has to learn at this level 1 don’t leave your full back exposed ie track back 2 when you have done brilliantly to go past 2 defenders don’t try an outrageous shot from an acute angle when 4 players waiting on the cut back.thank you

Just saw jonstones interview, 

No disrespect but we should be coming places like this and winning, what an arrogant comment, could accept that from some teams in league but i fully expect queens to be one of the teams fighting to stay in the league at the bottom half of the table, 

Actually though we edged it, Still crying out for another Winger and Striker,
DJ and Doris and Little best for us but though Murphy done well along with Thomson and Wilson,

Really? I can't recall our 'keeper making any save of note. I don't think Arbroath's did either tbf but we got into a couple of positions where we should have made him work. We had the bulk of possession and a draw was the fair result but if you had to pick a side who edged it it was Queens.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:
Actually though we edged it, Still crying out for another Winger and Striker,
DJ and Doris and Little best for us but though Murphy done well along with Thomson and Wilson,

Really? I can't recall our 'keeper making any save of note. I don't think Arbroath's did either tbf but we got into a couple of positions where we should have made him work. We had the bulk of possession and a draw was the fair result but if you had to pick a side who edged it it was Queens.

Yep while a draw was a fair enough outcome I thought QOS were the better of the 2 teams. McCrorie, Pybus and Murray (especially first half) did well for us. Thought we looked reasonable from a defensive point of view but were wasteful in possession.

Lovely day out in Arbroath today.

Great weather and very friendly, welcoming locals.

Fantastic  traditional old ground with  access all areas.

There were some issues with utilities and services  but these things happen, nothing to get steamed up about !

Very average game which looked like a nil-nil from very early on.

First League game certainly isn't the time to be singling players out with excessive negativity.

There's an awful long way to go  so let's see how it goes. -

Of course there is no doubt that the overall standard in the Championship is nowhere near what it used to be , sign of the times I guess.

Nice to see JT today - Legend.

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

Just saw jonstones interview, 

No disrespect but we should be coming places like this and winning, what an arrogant comment, could accept that from some teams in league but i fully expect queens to be one of the teams fighting to stay in the league at the bottom half of the table, 

He used to say that line in his time with us.  Always felt it was very disrespectful. 

Thought 0-0 was a fair result and a decent point for each team to start the season with.

I was surprised to see gold and mckenna on the bench, we have so much more energy when they’re on and would like to see them start next week in place of spence and maybe stewart

Not sure if 19QOS19 and I were at the same game. 

I enjoyed the game. I felt we were the better side, especially first half, when we should have been in front. Connor should have scored when he got in 10 yards out. No idea why he tried to square it. And Jamieson either did brilliantly or got very lucky in the last second to effectively sit on the ball from Pybus' shot. Also thought we should have had a penalty when Pybus was bundled over in the box.

Second half Arbroath got better as the game went on and in the end not unhappy with the draw but I dont recall our keeper making a save of note apart from a point blank 1st half header straight at him. Jamieson definitely the busier keeper. The offside looked well off to me but will await footage to be sure.

For me Lewis Kidd had a decent game, as did Paton, but Connor Murray was our best again.

Edited by Skyline Drifter