Arbroath vs QOTS

Flag day and a first championship fixture since 2003. I’d go with the 4231/451 we’ve seen used in pre season and start-

Jamieson

Thomson

Wilson

Little

Hamilton

Whatley

Murphy

Linn

Gold

McKenna

Doris

Sounds like Dobbie is out so that softens the blow of O’Brien being out I suppose

Hopefully a couple of bodies in before saturday. Dobbs out is obviously a blow strangely though we are scoring goals just conceding too many. If we can shore it up at the back i think we can get 3 points. Probably the worst time to play Arbroath big crowd and flag unfurling. But need to start the season with a win for me. 2-0 murray and oliver.

Echo what Qosloyal says in that it's probably the worst time to play Arbroath. Dobbie being out dashed my hopes somewhat but then Arbroath's result against Alloa raised them again slightly. Regardless of the time of season and circumstances, these are games we absolutely need to pick up points in. I'd be content with a point (providing we don't get it after blowing a two goal lead) but am obviously hoping for a win. Would love to see Murray get 4 in 4 for us. The boy's confidence must be sky high right now.

We must somehow get at least 2 quality new signing in for this game very important to get off to a good start .

No new signing and we will struggle especially without Dobbie..

My team 

McCorie

Mercer Brownlie Semple Holt

Murray Pybus Kidd Paton 

Oliver Hamilton 

Very weak midfield hopefully 2 new signing centre mid and left mid time for Oliver and Hamilton to step up to get us goals huge miss without Dobbie 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Echo what Qosloyal says in that it's probably the worst time to play Arbroath. Dobbie being out dashed my hopes somewhat but then Arbroath's result against Alloa raised them again slightly. Regardless of the time of season and circumstances, these are games we absolutely need to pick up points in. I'd be content with a point (providing we don't get it after blowing a two goal lead) but am obviously hoping for a win. Would love to see Murray get 4 in 4 for us. The boy's confidence must be sky high right now.

I agree.

these games should be providing points. The Alloa result will show Arbroath that whatever is said, the Championship is a difficult league.

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

I agree.

these games should be providing points. The Alloa result will show Arbroath that whatever is said, the Championship is a difficult league.

Am not sure any of us thought, that this was not a difficult league and we are going to struggle

5 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Flag day and a first championship fixture since 2003. I’d go with the 4231/451 we’ve seen used in pre season and start-

Jamieson

Thomson

Wilson

Little

Hamilton

Whatley

Murphy

Linn

Gold

McKenna

Doris

Sounds like Dobbie is out so that softens the blow of O’Brien being out I suppose

Great starting team that with TOB in for Wilson when he is back, Strong bench with Swanks Donnelly Spence Kader and Stewart providing great attacking options, Wish we had got Kerr Waddell, still baffles me how he went to Montrose, What are the chances of us getting Dom Thomas on Loan? Striking wise we should have been in for Trouten when he was available, really liked the guy Mcguigan from stenny too.

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

I expect a really big crowd on Saturday and hoping for a great atmosphere to kick off our Championship season, With it being flag day there’s a lot of excitement and anticipation in the air and I have a great feeling we will get off to a flyer with a 3-1 win. Mon the Lichties.

Great starting team that with TOB in for Wilson when he is back, Strong bench with Swanks Donnelly Spence Kader and Stewart providing great attacking options, Wish we had got Kerr Waddell, still baffles me how he went to Montrose, What are the chances of us getting Dom Thomas on Loan? Striking wise we should have been in for Trouten when he was available, really liked the guy Mcguigan from stenny too.

At his age it’s more valuable for Kerr to go and play a full season than it is for him to come and sit on our bench/occasionally play.

Wouldn’t say the attacking options on our bench are great either, improvement still needed in that department. As you mentioned Dom Thomas would be great.

At his age it’s more valuable for Kerr to go and play a full season than it is for him to come and sit on our bench/occasionally play.

Wouldn’t say the attacking options on our bench are great either, improvement still needed in that department. As you mentioned Dom Thomas would be great.

Obviously depends on what Killie fancy doing with Dom this season. He played in the European games for them

Obviously depends on what Killie fancy doing with Dom this season. He played in the European games for them

Killies recruitment seems to have been on a go slow so I imagine anyone who wanted Thomas would be waiting a while...which would be risky if he chooses someone else at the last minute and we’re stuck with what we’ve got, which isn’t good enough.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:
Dobbie injured or suspended?

Gav and Gold didn’t work on Saturday, I’d go with Murphy and Whately

Injured. I'm not sure Dobbie has ever been suspended funnily enough.

He's never been suspended in his time with us certainly. Though he was one booking away from a suspension two years ago and went through the last 4 or 5 games knowing he had to keep his nose clean to avoid it.

12 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Genuine question - do you honestly believe we have great attacking options in our squad, let alone on our bench? We have Bobby Linn.

At this stage, I don't think there's a single team in the division who would want to sign any one of our current strikers for their squad. Look at Alloa, a team that we simply have to be finishing above this season to have a chance of survival. They have Robert Thomson, Kevin Cawley, Liam Buchanan and to a lesser extent Allan Trouten (only because he quite often plays behind/ off the strikers, not lesser in footballing ability!). None of our strikers would get in their squad currently, and you'd expect Alloa to be one of the weaker teams in the league alongside ourselves.

As an example, Greig Spence played for Alloa 13 times last year in this division and scored 0. In January, Alloa strengthened in several areas including replacing Spence for a better striker, promptly picked up some form, had an outstanding spell of 4 wins in a row around March time and stayed up.

If we are to stay up - we'll probably need to be looking to score 40 odd goals, and I feel our team currently just doesn't have the goals in it to survive at this point.

Certainly agree with this. We definitely need a player like B.Kerr or Falkingham in the middle of the park as Swankie certainly is not the answer. Also need a wide player and a goal scorer or it is going to be a long hard season. 

I think that’s a touch negative, both about Gav and the season ahead.