Irvine Meadow X1 19-20

Agueroo

Yeah great last 3 wins on the trot. Thought Saturday was the best of the lot, we really seem to suit that formation and most of our big victories have come when playing that way. Big Neil Slooves also seems that suit that formation best and I thought once again he was tremendous, which was great with gow and miller missing. Hope Jordan is alright, there seemed to be a high level of concern over him for what seemed like a nothing coming together. High amount of players missing at the moment but I’m sure every team feels that way. 

All the the best to buchanhaven hearts, always a shame to have to forfeit a game, hope they bounce back! Into the 3rd round for Meadow however. 

4 on the bounce in the league now I think. We just keep grinding out results, some amount of energy in this team. Colin Spence man of the match for me yesterday, always looks like he has so much Time on the ball, such an intelligent player. 

Two massive games coming up in the league against Pollok and Clydebank. 

3 hours ago, Agueroo said:

4 on the bounce in the league now I think. We just keep grinding out results, some amount of energy in this team. Colin Spence man of the match for me yesterday, always looks like he has so much Time on the ball, such an intelligent player. 

Two massive games coming up in the league against Pollok and Clydebank. 

Meadow are now the biggest rivals to Talbot for the league this season IMO

Meadow are now the biggest rivals to Talbot for the league this season IMO

We’re going along nicely but i doubt we’re your biggest challengers. Our next two games will tell us where we are in terms of challenging.

Don’t rule out Kilwinning Rangers especially since they’re out the Scottish now.

Poor result for Pollok yesterday but they’ll still be up there. Comfortably top 3.

Away to Bathgate Thistle in the next round of the Scottish. Battled them a few times over the years including a Semi-Final defeat to them after extra time 10 years ago.

Both sides were always evenly matched, though. I remember playing them at Meadow Park 2 or 3 seasons after and current manager Brian McGinty scoring a hat-trick within 5 minutes to send us through.

Unsure how strong they are nowadays but I did notice they’re no longer in the top division in the east.

Away to Bathgate Thistle in the next round of the Scottish. Battled them a few times over the years including a Semi-Final defeat to them after extra time 10 years ago.

Both sides were always evenly matched, though. I remember playing them at Meadow Park 2 or 3 seasons after and current manager Brian McGinty scoring a hat-trick within 5 minutes to send us through.

Unsure how strong they are nowadays but I did notice they’re no longer in the top division in the east.
Bathgate got relegated in 2011-2012 & haven't returned to the top tier since.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Hows ben carson doing in his recovery? Wasnt nice seeing a player just lying on the ground for so long that day at holm park. Hope hes back playing asap. Hes a fantastic player.

Mon the papers

I seen on twitter that he had a 2nd operation on the ankle only last week, not sure if this was pre planned or due to something unfortunate. By all accounts he is working with our club physio but I have no idea with regards to when/if he will return. 

Delighted with the appointment of Spence and Latta as co-managers, be interesting to see how the dynamic of co-managers works instead of the usual manager and assistant. Good luck to both!