Irvine Meadow X1 19-20

Agueroo

Couldn’t see a thread for meadow yet for this year, I know most Meadow fans use their own forum to discuss but thought would be good to get one started on here. 

Squad looks to be shaping up nicely with mostly all of last seasons team re-signed and the addition of Adam Forsyth from Whitletts. Great to see Eddie McTernon back aswell after a year out with a bad knee injury. 

Preseason went well with 5 wins and 1 draw as the team looked to build fitness , always felt Meadow looked fitter than most teams last season so would hope this continues into this season. 

Great start to the campaign yesterday with a 5-1 win at home to Craigmark with Jones scoring 4 and Gow getting the other. Tremendous free kick from number 11 for craigmark for their goal. Be interesting to see how the team changes for Monday’s game against Troon, would imagine there will be some rotation due to the amount of games at the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Is mickey white still the keeper? Good lad is mickey

Mon the papers

Not sure where Mickey is now. He started last season as Gk but was replaced quite early on by Shaun Newman who was outstanding last season and doesn’t appear as though Mickey white is still at the Club, certainly wasn’t a feature on the team sheet after Christmas. 

Is mickey white still the keeper? Good lad is mickey

Mon the papers

Yeah Michael left towards the end of last season. Made a few big blunders in early games eg v Pollok away and Kilsyth in Junior Cup. I always felt Shaun Newman was far the better keeper and glad he now has number 1 jersey.

I would like to see us add a winger / goal scoring midfielder. Got a lot of options now up front compared to last season.

Great to see Darren Jones get 4 goals his pace often causes problems for defence and was another striker unlucky with injury last season. I expect 5/6 changes for game v Troon and again v Vics on Wednesday.

Is it same jones who played for renfrew and yoker? Kilbirine aswell i think

Mon the papers

Yeah Michael left towards the end of last season. Made a few big blunders in early games eg v Pollok away and Kilsyth in Junior Cup. I always felt Shaun Newman was far the better keeper and glad he now has number 1 jersey. 
I would like to see us add a winger / goal scoring midfielder. Got a lot of options now up front compared to last season.

Great to see Darren Jones get 4 goals his pace often causes problems for defence and was another striker unlucky with injury last season. I expect 5/6 changes for game v Troon and again v Vics on Wednesday.

Poor result losing 1-0 to Troon last night which will mostly likely ensure Troon qualifies from the group. Didn’t think there was much between the teams with 1 quality bit of play from both teams with troon scoring there one and Carson missing for meadow. 

Lots of tough tackling as to be expected from a derby but in truth quality was low. Don’t think meadow looked too sharp at all last night. Troon number 7 best player on the park and hope the Troon number 10 isn’t out for too long. 

Stevenson was the difference. Great player especially in the second half when he was out wide.

The game was lost in midfield last night. Strikers couldn’t do much with constant long balls over the top but we did have chances.

An entertaining game today. Meadow opened with a screamer and let Largs back in with a very soft goal. The old heads of Meadow paid off as they knew when to go down. Interesting to see who I think was the Meadow manager watching and giving instructions from the stand, he will not get that opportunity at away games. The second half both teams squandered very good chances, before Meadow scored the winner. Hope the boy Spence is ok, that looked a sore one.

Early days yet, that being said Meadow looked the more experienced team and should do ok. Largs with big changes from last year look a wee bit light weight, that being said they tried to play football, the boy Black getting some rough treatment through out. They will need to learn to take there chances should they want to survive.

He can't have many games left to serve as he was in the stand at Beechwood in April.

There manager is banned from the dugout I believe for 5-6 games so that’s probably why he was in the stand

Three points from the first game of the season. Dream start. It took us til the 9th game last season to pick up 3 points. Good performances all round yesterday. Devlins strike was a screamer and Jones got a well deserved goal after putting in so much effort.

Away to Glenafton up next on Wed. 2 close games last season. Losing 1-0 at home and 3-2 down there. They’ll be desperate to prove a point after their poor start yesterday.

Early days yet, that being said Meadow looked the more experienced team and should do ok. Largs with big changes from last year look a wee bit light weight, that being said they tried to play football, the boy Black getting some rough treatment through out. They will need to learn to take there chances should they want to survive.

Can’t see us competing at the top of the game but I’m hoping we do better in the cups this season. Knocked out early doors in both the west and junior Cup last season