Peterhead v Falkirk

On 28/07/2019 at 23:02, peternapper said:

Think we should just ignore them until the whistle goes 3pm on sat, by then they will have picked dozens of permutations of their preferred line up & be busy all week calculating if their imminent title win will be by double figures or more. The last time such a huge team arrived at Balmoor for the opening game of the season a team containing 9 international players in their starting line up sneaked a draw with us in the last minute.. Have not heard of any tv coverage so this time the visitors are maybe not as important as they think. 

Embarrassing post Peter.

Maybe we should, or even will, win it by 15-20 points. However given the last couple of seasons, i think we should be a bit more humble. This stuff only sets us up with opposition fans....

Yep. On our day we can beat you but squad is wafer thin. Monthefife

Sadly don't think I can't make this one so I'll 100% be at the January game to tick this stadium off my list.

Hearing McAllister is suspended has stopped some of the fears of a repeat of his 5 at TFS in 2015.

Just out of interest for the Peterhead fans, what's the goal for the season? Is surviving enough or do you think you can have a go at the playoffs?

Edited by ilostmyself

37 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Sadly don't think I can't make this one so I'll 100% be at the January game to tick this stadium off my list.

Hearing McAllister is suspended has stopped some of the fears of a repeat of his 5 at TFS in 2015.

Just out of interest for the Peterhead fans, what's the goal for the season? Is surviving enough or do you think you can have a go at the playoffs?

Montrose managed to reach the playoffs last season after winning League 2 so I see no reason why we shouldn't aim to do the same this season. As long as we keep clear of the relegation places most Peterhead fans will probably accept this.

15 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Any Peterhead fans on here able to shed any light on what parts of the stadium the Falkirk support will be housed in on Saturday?

Falkirk fans will get half of the East Stand, about 250 seats plus half of the standing area in the stadium. Plenty of room for up to 1,000 away fans. Enjoy your day out and go easy on us. BTW you will be made welcome in the social club bar at Balmoor before and after the game (and at half-time too if need be).

9 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

How's parking at the ground?

Free parking at the ground but get there early for a space. Free parking on the streets around the ground but again limited spaces. You could try the car park at Lidl / Home Bargains which is a short walk from the ground.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/balmoor-stadium/peterhead

13 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

There's also a Morrisons at the bottom of Balmoor Terrace, plenty of parking there.

I think Morrisons may have a time limit for parking whereas the Lidl /Halfords / Home Bargains car park doesn't have a time limit that I am aware of.

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Any Peterhead fans on here able to shed any light on what parts of the stadium the Falkirk support will be housed in on Saturday?

4 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Falkirk fans will get half of the East Stand, about 250 seats plus half of the standing area in the stadium. Plenty of room for up to 1,000 away fans. Enjoy your day out and go easy on us. BTW you will be made welcome in the social club bar at Balmoor before and after the game (and at half-time too if need be).

Pretty much this bit highlighted here.

Annotation 2019-07-31 173732.jpg

Last time I was at Balmoor was for a preseason friendly, the result wasn't too good. Bit nervous about this tbh, especially with the backroom stuff going on. Camped in a caravan site in the docks, supping whisky watching supply ships loading up. Good times!