Peterhead v Falkirk

An honest assessment of the game from Jim McInally, and no mention of the dry pitch affecting his team -

Blue Toon manager Jim McInally

"Without the ball, we did everything we asked them to really well. With the ball I do not think we played particularly well.”

"We can do better with the ball, but when you have been written off all week and everybody says you are going to be turned over, there did not look that big a gap between the teams, especially second half.”

"They did not look a lot fitter than us either and that is the third full time team that has not managed to beat us, which is good.””

"We need to do better with the ball and we need to have a bit more belief because when we do come out and play like we did at times in the second half, we are as good as what we are up against.”

"The organisation was really good and I thought Simon Ferry was outstanding and Scott Brown also.”

"The effort was there from everyone but we lacked quality in the final third so a draw was a fair result."

"We did not set up right at the start and we let Falkirk have too much of the ball before we went and played up against them, 4-4-2.”

"Maybe I should have been bolder and played it from the start and when we did go 4-4-2, the game levelled out a bit and they did not dominate us.”

"We all need more belief but it's nice we are playing pressure free and we will enjoy it over the season."

4 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

An honest assessment of the game from Jim McInally, and no mention of the dry pitch affecting his team -

Blue Toon manager Jim McInally

"Without the ball, we did everything we asked them to really well. With the ball I do not think we played particularly well.”

"We can do better with the ball, but when you have been written off all week and everybody says you are going to be turned over, there did not look that big a gap between the teams, especially second half.”

"They did not look a lot fitter than us either and that is the third full time team that has not managed to beat us, which is good.””

"We need to do better with the ball and we need to have a bit more belief because when we do come out and play like we did at times in the second half, we are as good as what we are up against.”

"The organisation was really good and I thought Simon Ferry was outstanding and Scott Brown also.”

"The effort was there from everyone but we lacked quality in the final third so a draw was a fair result."

"We did not set up right at the start and we let Falkirk have too much of the ball before we went and played up against them, 4-4-2.”

"Maybe I should have been bolder and played it from the start and when we did go 4-4-2, the game levelled out a bit and they did not dominate us.”

"We all need more belief but it's nice we are playing pressure free and we will enjoy it over the season."

Pretty much spot on, tho missing how well they defended 30 Dixon crosses

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m more surprised by his comment that we were expected to turn them over easily. Don’t think I read/heard that once.

Majority of Peterhead fans would've bit your hand off for a point on here, we are the favourites for the league, biggest budget, that comment didn't make me blink. The less said about McKinnons the better

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m more surprised by his comment that we were expected to turn them over easily. Don’t think I read/heard that once.

Then you haven’t read any posts involving Falkirk for the past month. For your information, quite a few of your fellow Falkirk supporters have quite brazenly for3cast that Falkirk will not only win league one quite comfortably but have also discussed by how many points said league victory would command. Indeed one of your fellow Falkirk comrades commented that a 30 point cushion at the top of the league wouldn’t flatter Falkirk but more likely show the seaside league teams just how shite they are.  I worry for you. I really do.

Then you haven’t read any posts involving Falkirk for the past month. For your information, quite a few of your fellow Falkirk supporters have quite brazenly for3cast that Falkirk will not only win league one quite comfortably but have also discussed by how many points said league victory would command. Indeed one of your fellow Falkirk comrades commented that a 30 point cushion at the top of the league wouldn’t flatter Falkirk but more likely show the seaside league teams just how shite they are.  I worry for you. I really do.

I was meaning about Saturdays match in particular. Personally, expected a tough game and we got it. I actually think we would have lost it had the big fella been playing for them.

1 hour ago, Etherglider said:

Yet to see evidence of these brazen forecasts. Lots of P&Bers (not just Falkirk fans) have been discussing by how many points our team should  win the league by. Given our starting line-up looks like a top 4 Championship side, this really isn't too far fetched. 

Lots of us have also urged caution due to our club's tendency to mess things up, quite spectacularly. 

You’ll be lucky if their is 15 regular Falkirk supporters who post on here. Take that from a support of round 4K and it’s hardly a demographic is it?

No, that is wrong Frank.  To clarify, our Scottish Cup finals were in 1927, 1938 (Winners) and 1950.
Our League Cup finals were in 1947 (Winners), 1949 (Winners) and 1953 (Winners).  All wins were outright wins, with no penalty shoot outs.

What are the Raith Rover cup finals, (penalty shoot outs not counted)?

Still living in sepia dreams. Ever since then your tiny little backwater club have been utterly irrelevant HTH

3 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Still living in sepia dreams. Ever since then your tiny little backwater club have been utterly irrelevant HTH

Or you could say, in 135 years of existence, it took Raith Rovers 112 years to win something of note (on penallties).

East Fife on the other hand, in 116 years of existence, it took East Fife only 35 years to win something of note and go on to win another 3 major trophies after only 51 years of existence.

135 years and only ONE trophy won on penalties!!  

at least you tried the simpsons GIF

What's going on here? Are people under the impression that penalties don't count?

Apparently not, to the local Least Fife fan we cheated. Forever in Sepia dreams, pub teams do get lucky from time to time. Especially in the back woods of Mefil

Frank conner

• Third Division Regular
  •  
  •  
  • Gold Members
  • 1,322 posts
  • My Team : Raith Rovers
On 04/08/2019 at 14:05, Gordon EF said:

It's a total fantasy you thinking everyone is "gunning" for Raith Rovers and out to hurt or injure your players, more than they would be any other team.

East Fife certainly raise their game it's your cup final. 

=======================================================================================================================================

This is why.

Edited by YoungersPaleAle