Peterhead v Falkirk

9 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Montrose managed to reach the playoffs last season after winning League 2 so I see no reason why we shouldn't aim to do the same this season. As long as we keep clear of the relegation places most Peterhead fans will probably accept this.

IIRC, that is what happened to us last time we were promoted. Into the play offs and lost on pens to Partick.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Making a weekend of this. What's the best pub to park ourselves in on Saturday night? (ir)responsible adults, not young fannies.

Edit: also, does any pub sell Glenugie?

Havent seen Glenugie in years. If anyone has a bottle , I doubt it will have an optic attached to it!

Even the later stuff is selling for megabucks. The earlier gear is into the thousands.....but good luck with that!

As for Saturday night boozers. If you're looking for live music, the Palace hotel has that. Wetherspoon's will be dead after 9-10pm, so if you want to yap....

There is a nightclub Deja Vu and Mambos on the main st. Queen St, about 50 yards from Wetherspoon's.  They open late.

Cant say what they're like because I'm a bit on the old side for them!

There are other pubs , but they're dotted about other parts of the town.

The Grange bar used to be guys having their Saturday night beers.

The Tavern is supposedly on the up , but I haven't been in there in 30 years.

Theres nothing too far away because theres only North, South and West. 

Watch out if you have too much hooch.........dont head East..........

6 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Havent seen Glenugie in years. If anyone has a bottle , I doubt it will have an optic attached to it!

Even the later stuff is selling for megabucks. The earlier gear is into the thousands.....but good luck with that!

As for Saturday night boozers. If you're looking for live music, the Palace hotel has that. Wetherspoon's will be dead after 9-10pm, so if you want to yap....

There is a nightclub Deja Vu and Mambos on the main st. Queen St, about 50 yards from Wetherspoon's.  They open late.

Cant say what they're like because I'm a bit on the old side for them!

There are other pubs , but they're dotted about other parts of the town.

The Grange bar used to be guys having their Saturday night beers.

The Tavern is supposedly on the up , but I haven't been in there in 30 years.

Theres nothing too far away because theres only North, South and West. 

Watch out if you have too much hooch.........dont head East..........

What about Harbour Lights? Vague memory of it being a bit posh but Google tells me it's rough as f**k but have sky sports etc.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What about Harbour Lights? Vague memory of it being a bit posh but Google tells me it's rough as f**k but have sky sports etc.

No. It isnt posh, but it's not rough either.

Oddly enough , I was in it a week past Sunday with a cousin of my wife. He hadn't been in in it and heard ,like you , that it was rough.

First time I've been in it since it became Harbour Lights. It used to be called Scotch Corner. 

There is also a Brew Dog in the precinct...about 40 yards from Wetherspoons and the Palace Hotel.

If you want to buy that pish......its there.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Last time I was at Balmoor was for a preseason friendly, the result wasn't too good. Bit nervous about this tbh, especially with the backroom stuff going on. Camped in a caravan site in the docks, supping whisky watching supply ships loading up. Good times! 

Remember it well. Scorching summers day in 2011. My most vivid memory was of standing in the cupboard which doubled up as a pressroom after the match and Pressley came in and absolutely slaughtered Jack Compton. It was the most vitriolic attack on a Falkirk player I've ever heard one of our managers make in public, easily surpassing Holts' annoyance at Phil Roberts after the infamous game at Alloa.

I know the caravan site you speak of too. This was my tent on it fifteen years ago, during what I think was our first ever visit to Balmoor on a 6-1 League Cup victory in August 2004. Andy Thomson (not the one you're thinking of) scored a hat-trick that night. More of the same on Saturday would be nice.

Peterhead camspite.JPG

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know the caravan site you speak of too. This was my tent on it fifteen years ago, during what I think was our first ever visit to Balmoor on a 6-1 League Cup victory in August 2004. Andy Thomson (not the one you're thinking of) scored a hat-trick that night. More of the same on Saturday would be nice.

Posted a nearly identical pic of my car and tent at the time, maybe on onef. I remember you slagging off my Nissan Micra. :lol:

My memory of the game was everyone leaving early in a huff and I stayed behind and gave the bus a wave and cheer when they left, bit pished. Tam Scobbie waved back in astonishment.

Edited by welshbairn

Last time I was at Balmoor was for a preseason friendly, the result wasn't too good. Bit nervous about this tbh, especially with the backroom stuff going on. Camped in a caravan site in the docks, supping whisky watching supply ships loading up. Good times! 

No doubt if we lose some melt on COYB will blame BTB

The Harbour Lights has recently been done up and is decent, they sometimes have a band on now. I'd give The Grange a swerve, it's full of young wankers now.

will be over 1k bare arsed hellraisers from the FK here, what a club.
the wee bar/clubhouse at the ground is going to be absolutely heaving.
It's going to be an absolute piss take trying to get served. They've cut off a section of the bar where the pool table and dart board was and turned that into a coffee shop.

It's going to be an absolute piss take trying to get served. They've cut off a section of the bar where the pool table and dart board was and turned that into a coffee shop.

That’s not good. Any idea how many the social club holds?

23 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
That's probably true. I used to hate Micra drivers; they rarely went above 30 mph and I always seemed to get stuck behind them on narrow roads. emoji38.png

Glad that doesn't only happen to me, fecking micras

Cheeky c***s, got over a ton out of mine, fully laden moving house from Wales with just space to see out of the windscreen. Early morning on an empty A74(M).