Peterhead v Falkirk

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m sure we have the capability but we also have a very small squad.

My point was I hope the players don’t become big headed and arrogant.

Its the managers choice how he spends the budget. Of course thats dependent on him getting the budget he agreed. However id expect it to be bigger than livi , queens or dunfermlines when they won it easily.  Perhaps reducing the quality slightly and getting a few good league one players in to add to the championship quality players like they did may have been better. Only time will tell.

League cup means nothing though. Loads of crazy results as teams experiment and try to get players fit.  East fife beat dundee united but they themselves got pumped by cowdenbeath. The likes of stirling drew with hibs then shipped 6 to arbroath.  Skinny squad could be an issue but if we dont win this league by 15 to 20 points then mckinnon needs to have a good look at himself. The likes of dunfermlinr  livi and queens have cruised it with smaller budgets than us.  With no mcallister we wont get a better chance to.beat these guys.
When I read it I thought 15-20 points chat was ridiculous. Then I looked at the previous years tables.

Last year second placed Raith had 75 points and lost the league by 1 point to Arbroath.

The previous 5 seasons the second placed team has finished on mid 60s points. The possibility of winning by 15 points doesn't seem outlandish on that basis.

I think, if we aim for 80 points then it's a job well done. Doesn't really matter how close the second placed team is. That should be sufficient to win the league.

That equates to 20 points per quarter. The average for previous champions is 19 and that will be slightly skewed by the ****. That equates to 6 wins, 2 draws and a loss per quarter on average. Some we won't achieve that and some we will exceed that. Just need to keep the head of we fall short first quarter, so long as we're thereabouts.

Its the managers choice how he spends the budget. Of course thats dependent on him getting the budget he agreed. However id expect it to be bigger than livi , queens or dunfermlines when they won it easily.  Perhaps reducing the quality slightly and getting a few good league one players in to add to the championship quality players like they did may have been better. Only time will tell.
Saying we should win it by more than Livi, Queens or Dunfermline is just stupid. If we win league, it's out with our control how many we win it by, so saying McKinnon should take a look at himself if he doesn't win it by 15-20 points is ludicrous!

League cup means nothing though. Loads of crazy results as teams experiment and try to get players fit.  East fife beat dundee united but they themselves got pumped by cowdenbeath. The likes of stirling drew with hibs then shipped 6 to arbroath.  Skinny squad could be an issue but if we dont win this league by 15 to 20 points then mckinnon needs to have a good look at himself. The likes of dunfermlinr  livi and queens have cruised it with smaller budgets than us.  With no mcallister we wont get a better chance to.beat these guys.

Maybe we should, or even will, win it by 15-20 points. However given the last couple of seasons, i think we should be a bit more humble. This stuff only sets us up with opposition fans....

Sevco won it by 40 odd. Livi, dunfermline and queens all by 15 to 20 odd. That should be our expectations considering our budget.  Cant see why people are getting the hump. If we dont then we've underperformed given our advantages.

Man City registered 98 points this season and won the league by a point. Celtic took 87 points and won the league by 9.

Football isn't a science. If we win the league then McKinnon has done the job that's been asked of him over the summer.

8 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Man City registered 98 points this season and won the league by a point. Celtic took 87 points and won the league by 9.

Football isn't a science. If we win the league then McKinnon has done the job that's been asked of him over the summer.

Ok if one other team manages to do well then the margin will be acceptably lower. However as was said we should be looking at at least 80 points. The vast majority of second placed have ended up with about 60 odd so my 15 points would be very possible. As long as we are getting the wins and points jn then i agree we cant stop another side winning a lot more games against the others and being a bit closer.  Our points total is what really counts.

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Maybe we should, or even will, win it by 15-20 points. However given the last couple of seasons, i think we should be a bit more humble. This stuff only sets us up with opposition fans....

Dont see whats wrong with having high expectations. We as a club should not be accepting pish like we have over the past two seasons. We need to have high standards and if the manager cant meet them he needs replaced.

Depends imho, another side could have a blinder or a season as well and take it down to the wire. Far too early to say imho.
Probably preferable to a procession as long as we are playing decent stuff and its not the fact that we are utter dung making a competition of it.

If its a struggle though its time to change the manager.
We haven't even kicked a ball yet and you're trying to write McKinnon off for not winning the league well enough.

Understand wanting to set high standards but football really isn't as simple as you're making it out to be.

2 hours ago, Nedelko said:

We haven't even kicked a ball yet and you're trying to write McKinnon off for not winning the league well enough.

Understand wanting to set high standards but football really isn't as simple as you're making it out to be.

Im not writing anyone off. I fully expect us to win the league comfortably under mckinnon. 

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Bell

Doyle - Durnan - Buchanan - Dixon

McShane - Gomis

Telfer - Tidser - Connolly

McManus

Subs: Mutch, Toshney, Salmon, Johnstone (Is he still under contract?), Leitch

I hope its not going to be one man up top again all season. Sammon must be on a decent wage and should play if fit.

apologies if this has already been mentioned but how many tickets are Falkirk receiving and expecting to sell? i see the capacity is 3150 and not sure if segregation also comes into it.

I might be able to go but won't know till late on

We got 1000 tickets but the club said PATG will 100% be possible.