Ayr v Morton

The new ticketing system looks like it could drive some fans away. Long queue at Somerset Road as ticket reader wasn't reading a lot of tickets or phones correctly.people being told to go round to the shop and queue to get it sorted. I heard a few saying they won't be back.

I was running late due to the closure of the 77 (absolutely raging that I got caught for 45 mins by that).

But I passed two long queues at the North terrace but there was no queue at all at the shop or across the road at the stand (I breezed in very quickly).

We need someone to coordinate it all better and move crowds to where they need to be.

I also didn't see the portable ticket sales thing yesterday? Where were they?

On 02/08/2019 at 11:29, Honest_Ally said:

LINEUP111564741075679.png

The only thing I was wrong about was Ross not even being on the bench. I thought we totally dominated and could have easily scored more. It's worrying that we still managed to concede twice though and the defence will have to improve majorly as they will come up against much bigger tests this season and we have thrown away too many games with poor concentration and decision making, but thankfully today we held out.

I think McCall is right now in thinking another defender is the priority, especially if we are going to play with one striker and we have Moff, Doolan and Moore to come back. The 4-3-3 looks a much better system for us and gives the wingers a bit more freedom to get forward and support the striker. Which was evidenced in 3 of them scoring. It also allows Kelly to get forward more and create and hopefully this will add more goals from midfield.

Good to see 4 different goalscorers as well and 3 from the academy. Moff was outstanding and looks like he wont be long in hitting the 100 goals mark. I thought everyone played well but Moff was my man of the match although Forrest ran him close especially second half. Overall a good performance we look a real threat going forward but we really need to tighten up at the back and improve at defending set pieces or we will struggle against better sides.

Edited by Honest_Ally

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I was running late due to the closure of the 77 (absolutely raging that I got caught for 45 mins by that).

But I passed two long queues at the North terrace but there was no queue at all at the shop or across the road at the stand (I breezed in very quickly).

We need someone to coordinate it all better and move crowds to where they need to be.

I also didn't see the portable ticket sales thing yesterday? Where were they?

Portable tickets sales were not required yesterday as there were no queues at any of the terminals , they are only used to clear any queues building up outside 

Edited by Robbo63

Feeling pretty optimistic after that performance, and honestly think the two goals flattered Morton as they clearly have some issues to sort out.

Early days but more of the same please. Still absolutely buzzing about the big farmer being back.

On the turnstiles the issue appears to be lack of people operating them. Does anyone know why we suddenly have no one manning them?

The defensive issues were already known and can be resolved between the return to fitness of better options and/or additional signings. The alarming development yesterday was the the set of totally howling selection calls made by Hopkin and then that clown of an assistant - Muirhead at left-back and then bringing that utterly useless regen 'Cameron' 'Blues' onto the pitch are easily among the most inexplicable decisions I've ever seen from a manager, and we've had total morons like Jonatan Johansson and Jim McInally stinking out the dugout in recent years.

The game also confirmed that when our Plan A of shelling high balls up to Sutton and building play from those knock-downs and scraps doesn't work then there is very little else in that team. There certainly isn't enough quality, particularly in that backline, to shitfest a result regardless. At least Hopkin identified a major reason why that plan didn't work as our midfield was nowhere near high enough up the park, but that is a difficult issue to address and can't start to be resolved until slow, error-prone haddies like van Shite and McLean are emptied from that back line. 

The defensive issues were already known and can be resolved between the return to fitness of better options and/or additional signings. The alarming development yesterday was the the set of totally howling selection calls made by Hopkin and then that clown of an assistant - Muirhead at left-back and then bringing that utterly useless regen 'Cameron' 'Blues' onto the pitch are easily among the most inexplicable decisions I've ever seen from a manager, and we've had total morons like Jonatan Johansson and Jim McInally stinking out the dugout in recent years.
The game also confirmed that when our Plan A of shelling high balls up to Sutton and building play from those knock-downs and scraps doesn't work then there is very little else in that team. There certainly isn't enough quality, particularly in that backline, to shitfest a result regardless. At least Hopkin identified a major reason why that plan didn't work as our midfield was nowhere near high enough up the park, but that is a difficult issue to address and can't start to be resolved until slow, error-prone haddies like van Shite and McLean are emptied from that back line. 
Do we not get an Ainsley gif when you boys get pumped? Sad times indeed.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
4 hours ago, virginton said:

Do we not get an Ainsley gif when you boys get pumped? Sad times indeed.

Obviously not amused!

1359678393432.jpg

Nice ones, guys. 😁 The only times I've ever smiled at gifs of Ainsley p***k-with-a-fork Harriot on P&B., they're usually tedious as hell. 😁

ETA - ....... the only things on here worth smiling about after Saturday's performance. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker