Ayr v Morton

Geggan clattering Cadden then patting him on the back after the 4th goal is the stuff I like to see.

I thought we were excellent today barring a 15 minute period where it looked like Morton could come back but even then the players didn’t panic. We kept playing our game and it paid off with another goal.

I thought the front 3 were excellent (Moffat especially), Kelly ran that midfield today and put himself about which I was surprised to see and I thought Harvie looked really good. His confidence grew throughout and played really well.

Can’t get too carried away as Morton were gash but their shite goalie stopped that from being 5 or 6 today.

Mortons number 3 is the worst player I have ever seen in Scottish football and I have watched Ayr for over 30 years. The hotpants wearing chunky goalkeeper was pretty awful as well. 

Everything clicked for Ayr in midfield and attack, Docherty was my MOM. Two howlers made the game a bit closer but for the first hour it was as one sided a game as you will see. 

Morton were static at the back and, apart from Nesbit in midfield, there was no energy in what they did.

3 hours ago, #Gary said:

Why was Robbie Muirhead at left back?

Why was van Schaik signed? 

Why is Tumilty still at this club?

Why is McAlister starting on midfield ahead of Lyon and Millar?

Why is Blues coming on in midfield ahead of Lyon and Millar?

Why have we not signed a competent keeper yet?

He was the best of your back 3 when he moved in. 

For 70 minutes today we destroyed Morton and i was pleasantly surprised by how good we were, also surprised at how bad Morton were.

In the last 20 minutes though or ugly side reared itself and ended up far more of a nervy finish than it should have been, we still look shaky at the back.

Maybe things won't be as bad as i thought this season, early days though but initial signs look promising. 

Finally not to be too negative but thought crowd was piss poor, 1,414 home fans, c'mon need to be way nearer 2,000.

For 70 minutes today we destroyed Morton and i was pleasantly surprised by how good we were, also surprised at how bad Morton were.

In the last 20 minutes though or ugly side reared itself and ended up far more of a nervy finish than it should have been, we still look shaky at the back.

Maybe things won't be as bad as i thought this season, early days though but initial signs look promising. 

Finally not to be too negative but thought crowd was piss poor, 1,414 home fans, c'mon need to be way nearer 2,000.

True, very poor crowd.

Lots of positives, but especially the formation - with moff leading the line. He was unbelievable, and there were many other string performers.

Doohan again shakey with the odd cross and despite having a good game the boy Kelly pretty much gave away a gilt-edged chance (he's done that in every game I've seen).

But what a good start. Roll on dens.

True, very poor crowd.

Lots of positives, but especially the formation - with moff leading the line. He was unbelievable, and there were many other string performers.

Doohan again shakey with the odd cross and despite having a good game the boy Kelly pretty much gave away a guilt-edged chance (he's done that in every game I've seen).

Kelly will give the ball away and his decision making might not always be right but that’s because he’s young and given it’s his first year of professional football I think he looks a class act. He won’t be suited to every game as he can still be bullied easily but he’s a real driving force from midfield which is something we sorely lacked last season.

34 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He was the best of your back 3 when he moved in. 

He didn't play in a back 3, he went from wing back to full back when we switched to a back 4. Still would have been better than Von Schaik and McLean though, who were appalling. 

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Doohan again shakey with the odd cross and despite having a good game the boy Kelly pretty much gave away a guilt-edged chance (he's done that in every game I've seen).

Oh FFS Pandy!  Anyway, I'll be in Dundee next Saturday and hope to see young Kelly play a blinder.

Thought Morton were absolutely howling and we were very comfortable with some spells of really good stuff. I think they may be worse than Thistle were when they visited Somerset this time last season.

Pretty ropey couple of goals for us to concede when Morton shouldn’t have been anywhere near getting something from the game, and I thought McCowan, Kelly, Moffat, Forrest and Doc were outstanding. Really nice stuff going forward between those guys, McGuffie too when he came on.

Yeah very poor crowd .we had around 2500 home crowd at the first game last season. Though I do know around ten regulars that wernt at the game due too holidays  work etc .and well they missed a good game .  Aye we're a joy too watch .apart from 15 mins in the 2nd half .moffat different class

Morton were way worse than I expected. Barely remember Sutton touching the ball. That Van Schiek (sp) was a bomb scare.

Doohan looked ropey again, butterfingers for the 2nd. Glad to see Adam's get a few mins under his belt. Forest and McGuffies goals were the pick of the bunch for me. Ross injured, no idea how long for.

Any idea why there was massive queues at certain turnstiles at kick off time?

30 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Morton were way worse than I expected. Barely remember Sutton touching the ball. That Van Schiek (sp) was a bomb scare.

Doohan looked ropey again, butterfingers for the 2nd. Glad to see Adam's get a few mins under his belt. Forest and McGuffies goals were the pick of the bunch for me. Ross injured, no idea how long for.

Any idea why there was massive queues at certain turnstiles at kick off time?

New operators, and a visiting group from Canada with over 100 people in it ( 3 full bus loads of them ) all trying to get in the same area  just after 2.30 , thus tying up 2 gates for approx 10 mins and usual crowd queuing up behind then , also had to close a turnstile due to operator taking unwell 

Edited by Robbo63