Ayr v Morton

I'm not having this. I've just been on the Ayr ticket site, went to purchase 2 tickets, then proceeded to payment. Paid, Then all of a sudden, I received 2 pdf's to show at the turnstiles on Saturday. Absolute farce. Took me 2 minutes. 

Seriously but having to navigate our abomination of a ticket site compared to this, just shows how easy and simple it could and should have been done by Morton. 

I think this is the best team we can put out atm, with Muirhead suspended and Moore still injured. Although I would have started Adams over Roscoe if he was fully fit. I also think this system suits our players better. Hopefully Ross gets some game time as he needs the match fitness. It will be tough as we tend to struggle against the bigger teams, but I hope we can get at least a point.

Ayr 1-1 Morton (Moffat, Cadden).

LINEUP111564741075679.png

24 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

I think this is the best team we can put out atm, with Muirhead suspended and Moore still injured. Although I would have started Adams over Roscoe if he was fully fit. I also think this system suits our players better. Hopefully Ross gets some game time as he needs the match fitness. It will be tough as we tend to struggle against the bigger teams, but I hope we can get at least a point.

I'd be very surprised if Doolan isn't a starter, given that he's our main signing of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a bad side but wouldn't be at all surprised if Forrest was sacrificed for Doolan with Moffat playing wide on one side and McCowan the other, with Doolan through the middle.

Who knows though, it's always difficult trying to second guess Uncle Ian...................

McCall once again suggesting a change of the way we’ll be playing and I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that both Adams and Bell could play with one of them in midfield.

Think it could be this

Doohan

Geggan
Adams
Roscoe
Harvie

Bell

McCowan
Murdoch
Kelly
Forrest

Doolan

21 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Nobody is that bad. (Dryhoarse to those unfamiliar with his other aliases) 

Season opener, I'd be hoping for somewhere just north of 2200. Decent away crowd as well with Morton. 

We should have a decent crowd down, season opener away to Ayr and decent weather!

Probably aboot 300

As for the game, Strapp is out for us so I can't see past a back 3 with Cadden dropping into LWB, Millar/Lyon and Jacobs in the middle with Nesbitt just playing off the man mountain Sutton. Unless we just slip Salkeld in for Strapp and keep Cadden in his natural position and dingy the back 3.

Edited by M0rtonfc

1 hour ago, Honest_Ally said:

It's a good job we're playing Morton this week then.

47 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

As for the game, Strapp is out for us so I can't see past a back 3 with Cadden dropping into LWB, Millar/Lyon and Jacobs in the middle with Nesbitt just playing off the man mountain Sutton. Unless we just slip Salkeld in for Strapp and keep Cadden in his natural position and dingy the back 3.

I always though Lappin made Sutton look good due to the quality of his crossing, I just hope Cadden doesn't provide the same sort of service tomorrow !!!

49 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Salkeld's a right-sided player and there's nothing to suggest that he could play left back for us. 

Salkeld's a right-sided player and there's nothing to suggest that he could play left back for us. 
Hopkin on signing him:

"“He can also play in numerous positions: he can play right wing-back, left wing-back, he can play in the middle, he can play up front."

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Hopkin said he can play there, god knows how well, I don't think we will go with that, back 3 with Cadden dropping back would be the best plan of action you'd think.

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Any word if Adams is definitely back this week? 

A defence with Harvie and Roscoe gives me the fear after last weekend! 

I’ll predict a 1-1 draw but if Doolan finally finds form I’ll go 2-1 

Yes he is back , almost certainly on the bench

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCall once again suggesting a change of the way we’ll be playing and I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that both Adams and Bell could play with one of them in midfield.

Think it could be this

Doohan

Geggan
Adams
Roscoe
Harvie

Bell

McCowan
Murdoch
Kelly
Forrest

Doolan

2 changes to your starting 11 is the most probable team 

50 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think it could be this

Doohan

Geggan
Adams
Roscoe
Harvie

Bell

McCowan
Murdoch
Kelly
Forrest

Doolan

2 changes to your starting 11 is the most probable team 

Docherty and Ross in Adams and Forest on the bench (out) ????????????????????????????

Just now, railwayend said:

Docherty and Ross in Adams and Forest on the bench (out) ????????????????????????????

2 of that 11 will not start , IMO . Very  surprised if Docherty does not start and would be even more surprised if Moffat does not start 🤔