Ayr v Morton

Both teams likely be aiming for the playoffs, after a disappointing result and 2nd half performance for Ayr today could really need a boost with good start to the season assuming Morton are going to be a typical Hopkin team who will be hard to beat but not pretty to watch maybe I'm wrong though going for a hard fought 2-1 win for Ayr Moff and McCowan with the goals

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Morton seemed to have signed loads of players in the break, some decent ones too. Can see it being a 1-1 draw 

Cadden who was on loan with us last season seems to be firing an all cylinders

Yeah I saw he scored a couple mid week. I thought his time with us was poor. Probably come back and haunt us next week 😞

Just one change from today’s starting line up. You sadist [emoji6]

The starting line up today should’ve been good enough to beat Stranraer. I’m not sure yet about Docherty yet but he did well against Livi as a holding midfielder so I’d have that again with Kelly and Murdoch just sitting in front of him.

Doolan and Moffat doesn’t work. I’d have one of them with 2 of McGuffie, Forrest and McCowan either side.

I wouldn’t be too surprised though if McCall completely changed the team up after today though. Too many off the pace.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

The starting line up today should’ve been good enough to beat Stranraer. I’m not sure yet about Docherty yet but he did well against Livi as a holding midfielder so I’d have that again with Kelly and Murdoch just sitting in front of him.

Doolan and Moffat doesn’t work. I’d have one of them with 2 of McGuffie, Forrest and McCowan either side.

I wouldn’t be too surprised though if McCall completely changed the team up after today though. Too many off the pace.

Definitely it should have been enough to beat Stranraer. Too many players were off the boil , Harvie, Roscoe, Murdoch, Doc, Doolan were all big disappointments for me. 

Hopefully Adams and Geggan will be back 

1st game of season for me today and thought Cadden was brilliant. Pace, trickery, direct and good delivery. He got man of the match too. 

We are pretty good going forward, scored 14 goals in the cup to date but we have an unsettled, new, dodgy defence and a very suspect keeper who can't catch a ball so I'd expect goals. Sutton, Nesbitt and Cadden will cause you problems. 

Not sure how we will line up. Strapp went off injured today, McLean been out last week or two, new CB got half hour today so might start next week. Not sure what formation it will be either, tried a few out as well as changing it during games. Will depend on who is available. 

A new keeper this week and I'll be confident of getting a win! 

I'd expect us to look a bit like this :

Doohan

Geggan Bell Muirhead Harvie

Docherty

Forrest Murdock Kelly McCowan

Moffat

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Should be looking to hammer these diddies.

From a fan who's club can't beat Stranraer really shut up ya clown.

Edited by gmfc

Doohan 

Geggan Bell Muirhead Harvie 

Docherty 

Forrest Murdoch Kelly McCowan 

Moffat

1-1 

Get that front five firing on all cylinders like the 2nd half at Livi and they could destroy Morton, however we've had two pretty terrible performances since that Livi game so diffcult to imagine. 

1-4 i reckon.  Good day out for everyone (other than the actual game for us Ayr fans)    Mind and buy your tickets online Morton fans and if it's sunny then the Tam o Shanter beer garden pre match is the place to be.  

Edited by Hursty

11 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Morton seemed to have signed loads of players in the break, some decent ones too. Can see it being a 1-1 draw 

Cadden who was on loan with us last season seems to be firing an all cylinders

Cadden was excellent again for us yesterday along with Nesbitt. Both have started the season absolutely on fire.

Sutton has had a good start to the season also, scoring another goal yesterday. 

We've had a few problems with injuries in our defence so it's one part of the team that has yet to settle. We've bolstered it by signing big Henk from Livi. But Strapp goes off injured and McLean is still out so that's a worry.

Our keeper looks really raw and inexperienced. I would hope Hoppy moves to bring in a loan keeper even for 6 months as we cannot start the season league campaign with the one we've got.

We expect another couple of additions this week so it will be interesting to see who arrives..