Sons vs Rovers

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Neil looked decent enough in spells. Just prone to some dodgy decision making where a better defensive partner would perhaps be able to talk him through games and help him make better choices. Same for the fullbacks - Quitongo and Crawford looked good in spells but there needs to be somebody back there taking control and organising things. Big worry is that a poor decision or a bit of panic is likely to cost us.

I bet he never expected to be sparked out by his own keeper who kept schtum about running him through.

Opening game of the season away from home,play average,win,clean sheet would take any day of the week
More importantly,anyone know how scarys birthday party went?

It was a wonderful occasion. Nearly on a par with this clash of the former Championship titans.

It was good to see us get the win. Hopefully we can get off to a good start before the clocks go back.

The eagle eyed amongst you might've noticed that Jan Jr was pitchside running the new Signs Express GoalCam yesterday. But just in case you aren't on Facebook/Twitter then here's a wee link. 

If any Rovers fans want to sponsor one for the other goal then that can be sorted too 😉

Raith keeping the ball in the corner is a bit of a riddy but they got what they needed. Our defence gets bullied around too easily, 16 year old Bowie was holding players off no bother. We need to be ruthless at the back and clean out everything. 

McCluskey has to score that chance in the first half, can't for the life of me think why he thought trying to beat McGurn at his front post, should always go across the keeper from that angle, as Grant Anderson proved to good effect in the second half. 

If we can add a centre half and a striker we might do okay, but we're still a long way off it at the back IMO. Neither of our centre halves are capable of heading a ball the direction they want it to go - I've lost count of the number of big looping headers that cause alarm and panic already. Both centre backs are highly inexperienced too. It's a recipe for disaster.

Much, much better after half time. Defended very well in the 2nd half, and the two young lads worked tirelessly up front to keep the play in their half. 
Probably a lack of quality, but no lack of any effort at all and through sheer perseverance we got the result. Add in a great save from Mcgurn and that was an old school Mcglynn performance. 
Pretty sure I heard someone call Hendry "Fucking Awful" at one point today :lol:
Great scenes at the goal, that's more like it!! 

If it was for his free-kicks & corners where he didn’t get the ball past the first defender once all game, I can totally understand the the “awful” comment at Regan Hendry

I'd said a couple of games ago, for a player with such outstanding technical ability, Hendry's set pieces have been surprisingly poor. Can't have it all, I suppose.

He's also ludicrously effective for someone who relies so heavily on one foot. Just a joy to watch, though, he really is operating at a higher level than anyone else, particularly in terms of his awareness.

1 hour ago, chimney said:

If it was for his free-kicks & corners where he didn’t get the ball past the first defender once all game, I can totally understand the the “awful” comment at Regan Hendry

Hendry strolled through the game, as per. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Raith keeping the ball in the corner is a bit of a riddy but they got what they needed. 

😳

I guess I’m being whooshed here as you are surely not whinging about the universally employed tactic of teams leading by a single goal in an away game?

43 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

😳

I guess I’m being whooshed here as you are surely not whinging about the universally employed tactic of teams leading by a single goal in an away game?

25 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

:lol:

You guys wouldn’t have done that? Nah?

No, we don't.  If we did, we wouldn't have lost to Alloa in the playoff, season before last.

I was going to also say that we'd not be here if we did employ that tactic, but if we'd stayed up that year, #StevieAitkenTacticalGenius would probably just have relegated us last year instead, so we probably would have been here anyway.

Had a quick squint at the highlights. The McCluskey booking is an odd one. It's definitely not a penalty, MacDonald plays the ball, and McCluskey does jump upwards in a manner that would suggest a dive. But he was also quite clearly genuinely hurt. Odd.

For the Lewis Allan chance, it looks like he decides against just swinging his left foot at it because there's a man on the line. I'm being kind.

I thought after he jumped the way he landed was the result of the injury....he evaded the tackle rather than dived. Weird one. 

Good finish from Anderson. Allan should have had us in front before half time. 

Great start to Roaring Back 3: Rovers fight back.