Sons vs Rovers

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Davidson/Bene at the back. FFS

Nae worries we have no attack and would appear to be 4-5-1.Playing for a point which we'll no get.You could tror out Shaun Dennis and George Mcgeachie on zimmer frames and we will still not score.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The first time Connor Brennan registers a single save in a game against us, he achieves a higher saves per 90 ratio than he ever managed in a Rovers jersey.

Really made me wonder at times if we'd gone the full Tupac and started fielding a holographic goalkeeper.

"Spencer plays on Bowie, he ran 25 yards and only the left foot of Brennan prevented the visitors going one up."

And that'll set the tone no doubt.

Some arrangement getting in. One set of turnstiles, every single rovers fan having to shimmy along a row of seats with people sitting in it. And the pitch looks shite, ball is holding up. Good pint downstairs in the bar, tho.

Just had the same thought about the pitch. You'd think you'd cut the grass before the first game of the season.

We're two minutes in, and already Dumbarton have absolutely wasted a brilliant breakaway opportunity and Brennan has stopped Bowie when he was one on one and maybe just held onto the ball too long.

As is customary, it looks like there's goals in this one.

16 mins. "Dumbarton in possession in the Rovers half, no pressure on him what so ever, McKee almost launches the ball into the Clyde."

That would be quite impressive, I'd have thought he'd have to clear the stand, rock and castle to find the Clyde from the pitch! ;)

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Is Jim Duffy in any sort of ill health? I just want to check before I start mocking him for wearing a black suit, an open necked white shirt and sunglasses, whilst sitting on a chair he's stolen from a function suite.

He may be in disguise to hide from Tommy Wrights Perth Pack hitmen.

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

16 mins. "Dumbarton in possession in the Rovers half, no pressure on him what so ever, McKee almost launches the ball into the Clyde."

That would be quite impressive, I'd have thought he'd have to clear the stand, rock and castle to find the Clyde from the pitch! ;)

Gentle lob really.

DFC.PNG

23 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He's in the stand. I had to step around him thanks to the aforementioned entry arrangements.

Good news is that he didn't cede possession to me.

Would never have been an issue, he’d have to have been in position to threaten your progress.