Sons vs Rovers

4 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:
I love Sons / Rovers threads, both sets of fans trying to out-pessimistic each other emoji23.png

I wish the Raith fans would stop. They're giving me false hope!

They do it to us 4 times a season.

Build up our hopes then hand out a pumping.

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

They do it to us 4 times a season.

Build up our hopes then hand out a pumping.

You've riddied us plenty times in the last few seasons

I don't really uderstand the view that what is said on a football forum impacts what happens on the park.

In our case we've signed a squad that, on paper and in the cup games, looks a million miles away from being anywhere near good enough to finish respectably in this league. The manager looks to have had a very poor summer and fans are quite right to highlight it on here. I even noticed fans on the Sons Facebook group thing getting annoyed that the local paper made an honest prediction that we'd finish 10th. We seem to have a load of supporters who would rather bury their heads in the sand and spout blind positivity on the internet than accept any sort of realism or serious discussion about the worrying state of our squad.

Shouting abuse at players on a Saturday afternoon is a completely different matter but what is said on here doesn't impact a single thing on the park.

Whilst I don’t think it’s makes a massive difference on the park, it’s generally aids a negative feeling around the club. Masses of folk - including players and club officials - read this forum, Twitter and Facebook and negativity breeds quickly. It’s a tough read when every time you try look through anything Rovers related and it’s full of semi-literate negative rabble.

Well if masses of people at the club do read these things then they need to know that RaithFans will back their team.

That backing is not without condition though. We won't back rubbish football, terrible selection decisions and poor performances.

Its a really simple formula. Play well entertain us and try hard.  We will tolerate getting beaten because our opponent is better.

We won't tolerate getting beaten because we have under performed.

Whilst I don’t think it’s makes a massive difference on the park, it’s generally aids a negative feeling around the club. Masses of folk - including players and club officials - read this forum, Twitter and Facebook and negativity breeds quickly. It’s a tough read when every time you try look through anything Rovers related and it’s full of semi-literate negative rabble.
If players and/or officials decide to come on here and read things, which in turn dents their confidence or has an impact on the general feeling around the club, then they should probably reconsider coming on here and reading things.

I don't agree with being negative for the sake of it (we have also experienced this sort of thing) but blind positivity just because you don't want to hurt players or officials feelings because they choose to read posts on a forum isn't much better. I'm not saying this applies to yourself and I'm not sure of the situation at your club but we have a large number of supporters who refuse to accept any sort of deserved criticism or debate and just tell people to get behind the team, as if you can't do both.

If players and/or officials decide to come on here and read things, which in turn dents their confidence or has an impact on the general feeling around the club, then they should probably reconsider coming on here and reading things.

I don't agree with being negative for the sake of it (we have also experienced this sort of thing) but blind positivity just because you don't want to hurt players or officials feelings because they choose to read posts on a forum isn't much better. I'm not saying this applies to yourself and I'm not sure of the situation at your club but we have a large number of supporters who refuse to accept any sort of deserved criticism or debate and just tell people to get behind the team, as if you can't do both.

Social media is a part of modern football though and therefore makes it difficult to hide from negativity and criticism. Especially players who have so many followers etc.

On the game, am I right in saying we can play trialists again now the cup is over?

Social media is a part of modern football though and therefore makes it difficult to hide from negativity and criticism. Especially players who have so many followers etc.

On the game, am I right in saying we can play trialists again now the cup is over?
I'm mostly referring to Pie and Bovril tbf.

4 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Already buzzing to get the beers opened on the train Saturday morning, and getting to the bowling club, to then allow myself to sober up enough so I can get a carry out for the train back home.

^^^^

Daein it right

I was quite up for attending too, but I do love birthday cake. I’ll just have to wait for the Clyde game at Starks, where i’ll be able to ride the wave of optimism into the stadium after our stunning victory at Dumbarton.