Sons vs Rovers

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
6 hours ago, Wildrover said:
Probably just time to gel then, after the game on Saturday hopefullyemoji16.png, I think like us until the first quarter of the season is over we'll have a better idea of what we can do. 

I think all dumbarton fans are in agreement when we say it's not really the "gelling" that worries us but more so the collective ability of our players.

'gelling' is always an issue with any team but aye our biggest problem is the quality we have at our disposal.JD's job is to put out our best 11 and work out what that is exactly.For me Mcmillan should play CD ( unless we can get a good loanee in there before Saturday)and Zata should be benched pending a loan to the juniors.From there does he go for a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.?

A striker is also needed desperately so i reckon we will line up defensively vs Raith , 4-5-1,  if one is not forthcoming this week.

As with every other season we've shared a league with Raith, I fully expected one of our threads to be a battle of "no, honestly, we're shiter" but I did not expect it to be the first game of the season. We're ahead of the game this season lads.

6-4 Rovers, with half the crowd walking away in disgust by 60 min. Sons get hope from the 4 goals scored against us, but later realize it was fools gold because the Rovers will ship a league record of goals this year. Rovers get hope from 6 goals scorced, but later realize it was fools gold becuase the Sons will ship what would have been a league record number of goals if it wasn't for the Rovers this year. Most fans will spend the time talking about Falkirk and Campbell and the pies will be good.

8 pages if we win, 25 if we get beat, with a mass proportion of our fan base proclaiming how awful it is to support us and how they’re cancelling their fund payment and binning their season ticket, before setting their mini John McGlynn doll on fire.

I fancy us to get a result. Dumbarton are rightly concerned about the lack of quality in their squad and we’ll have Miller to go back into right back which will make us a lot more solid, hopefully. We’ll probably concede but I back us to score more. I’ll go 2-1, with Allan and Hendry getting the goals. Positivity is the name of the game going into the first league game of the season. Forget what’s gone before, back the club and most importantly back the players. Everyone pulling in the same direction is far more effective than bickering and moaning.

39 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

8 pages if we win, 25 if we get beat, with a mass proportion of our fan base proclaiming how awful it is to support us and how they’re cancelling their fund payment and binning their season ticket, before setting their mini John McGlynn doll on fire.

I fancy us to get a result. Dumbarton are rightly concerned about the lack of quality in their squad and we’ll have Miller to go back into right back which will make us a lot more solid, hopefully. We’ll probably concede but I back us to score more. I’ll go 2-1, with Allan and Hendry getting the goals. Positivity is the name of the game going into the first league game of the season. Forget what’s gone before, back the club and most importantly back the players. Everyone pulling in the same direction is far more effective than bickering and moaning.

Thanks John... ;) 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don't see why people would be cancelling anything, you support the Rovers there's going to be ups and downs, but this is a football forum and some fans are worried about what we have seen, I don't see a problem with negative or positive views on here as long as we get behind the team at the games (after the 90 minutes boo you're heart out if that is your want), but one thing is for sure JMc was not everyone's choice and this is his squad, he seen the defensive problems we had last season and at the moment I don't think he's addressed it by keeping the same centre half pairing that was brutal last year, he hasn't even experimented with other combinations, as I said on his baldy head be it, hope he proves me wrong, only time will tell. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A lot will depend on the team McGlynn puts out. If the comedy duo of Davo and Bene are still there....

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

A lot will depend on the team McGlynn puts out. If the comedy duo of Davo and Bene are still there....

I don't even see why your including the 'if' there. Those two will start together. he obviously won't start Mendy and seems reluctant to try McKay out there (and having dropped him at right back seems reluctant to try him anywhere).

On 28/07/2019 at 14:02, Rover the Moon said:

These games usually average about 6 goals. Think this could easily eclipse that. 4-4, including three own goals.

Mendy hat-trick on his league debut ?

Edited by keyser_soze

We could also do with going along with the latter part of your second paragraph.

I don't really uderstand the view that what is said on a football forum impacts what happens on the park.

In our case we've signed a squad that, on paper and in the cup games, looks a million miles away from being anywhere near good enough to finish respectably in this league. The manager looks to have had a very poor summer and fans are quite right to highlight it on here. I even noticed fans on the Sons Facebook group thing getting annoyed that the local paper made an honest prediction that we'd finish 10th. We seem to have a load of supporters who would rather bury their heads in the sand and spout blind positivity on the internet than accept any sort of realism or serious discussion about the worrying state of our squad.

Shouting abuse at players on a Saturday afternoon is a completely different matter but what is said on here doesn't impact a single thing on the park.

The Rovers support is usually pretty negative both online and at games to be fair. 

Personal highlight from last season would be Mcglynn getting called a "Fucking clueless clown" whilst we were 2-0 up away to Arbroath.  My favourite over the past few years was people calling for Mckinnon to go after a defeat to Alloa,with us in 4th place in the Championship in January. 

There have been people calling for the managers head in the past few days over on fantalk and on twitter, which whilst isn't at games, gives some indication as to the direction things will likely take if we don't make a good start. 

As for the game, im 100 percent beind the manager but there is pressure on him from day 1 of the league campaign. If we get off to a poor first few games he will begin to lose a bigger chunk of the support.