Sons vs Rovers

Now that the cup games are out of the way, we can get down to the proper business.

Our cup games probably went as expected in the number of points we gained but two of the actual results were due to calamitous defending at times. We finished where I thought we would in the group. Raith on the other hand seem to have had a bit of a nightmare so hopefully that might continue into Saturday and give us a chance of picking up a point.

Discuss.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

If we don't sign a centre half (a capable one) and a striker I find it hard to see us taking anything. Shite that I'm not looking forward to the opening day one bit.

This statement could just as easily have come from a Raith fan.

Any chance of Dumbarton signing more players ahead of this?

Looking at their results/squad, I’d expect us to win this, but we’ve won exactly a third of our away games (12/36) since relegation and something tells me it’s going to be similar this season, so we’ll see...

Any chance of Dumbarton signing more players ahead of this?

Looking at their results/squad, I’d expect us to win this, but we’ve won exactly a third of our away games (12/36) since relegation and something tells me it’s going to be similar this season, so we’ll see...

We're looking a signing a couple of loan players but we have to wait for others to finalise their squad before that can happen. I wouldn't expect that to happen this week.

Really don't know what to expect from this, our defence is my worry we just can't stop conceding goals and can we score them at the other end?, who knows, Sons have not finished recruiting players yet and that can't help them, at the moment it's a lottery, hopefully an away win for the Rovers but I wouldn't be surprised at any result!!  

Really don't know what to expect from this, our defence is my worry we just can't stop conceding goals and can we score them at the other end?, who knows, Sons have not finished recruiting players yet and that can't help them, at the moment it's a lottery, hopefully an away win for the Rovers but I wouldn't be surprised at any result!!  
We have a squad of 19 with the only injured player being Rory Loy. Numbers isn't really the issue, just the shiteness.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
15 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

We have a squad of 19 with the only injured player being Rory Loy. Numbers isn't really the issue, just the shiteness.

Probably just time to gel then, after the game on Saturday hopefully😁, I think like us until the first quarter of the season is over we'll have a better idea of what we can do. 

Probably just time to gel then, after the game on Saturday hopefully[emoji16], I think like us until the first quarter of the season is over we'll have a better idea of what we can do. 
I think all dumbarton fans are in agreement when we say it's not really the "gelling" that worries us but more so the collective ability of our players.