Jump to content

Broxburn Athletic 2019/2020


Recommended Posts

Cracking result for Broxburn: not everyone's tip after some indifferent results and injuries but absolutely outstanding.

giphy.gif


If early last year people said Broxburn would be senior licensed club... gone 6 rounds in Scottish Cup beating like of East Stirlingshire and Cowdenbeath... then in R4 draw with Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Livingston... would anyone have believed them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Weatherspoons and Morrison's have had a bumper day from our visit lol. What is amazing, is how many away supporters we brought. 7 buses with a good mix of young and old, the town's buzzing. A great effort from everyone. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, albynpark said:

 Weatherspoons and Morrison's have had a bumper day from our visit lol. What is amazing, is how many away supporters we brought. 7 buses with a good mix of young and old, the town's buzzing. A great effort from everyone. 

 

I bet the nae sayers who wanted to stay junior are keeping their neb out now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Sorry for my ignorance but can any Broxburn fans out there give me a wee bit background to your club. Are you the ex junior team? Congratulations on your cup run. Any idea if there are plans to bring a few buses to Paisley for the next round.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we bring 1000 fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Sorry for my ignorance but can any Broxburn fans out there give me a wee bit background to your club. Are you the ex junior team? Congratulations on your cup run. Any idea if there are plans to bring a few buses to Paisley for the next round.

It is the ex junior team. Decent outfit and a centre forward who can score goals.

I believe they had 7 buses at Inverurie so can see them taking a very decent support to Paisley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Sorry for my ignorance but can any Broxburn fans out there give me a wee bit background to your club. Are you the ex junior team? Congratulations on your cup run. Any idea if there are plans to bring a few buses to Paisley for the next round.

have a look at the website www.broxburnathletic.co.uk for some good info and there's a contact for Jim Provan (our secretary) who could probably help with any info you need or photos.

We brought over 500 to Inverurie so you'd think we'll bring a bit more since Paisley is closer  but there's no many more people left in the town to bring, it might also depend if Rangers are playing too, unfortunately. 

Can't wait :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, albynpark said:

have a look at the website www.broxburnathletic.co.uk for some good info and there's a contact for Jim Provan (our secretary) who could probably help with any info you need or photos.

We brought over 500 to Inverurie so you'd think we'll bring a bit more since Paisley is closer  but there's no many more people left in the town to bring, it might also depend if Rangers are playing too, unfortunately. 

Can't wait :)

Think Broxburn will take around 750 to 1000 fans to Paisley.  There will be more than a few non Broxburn fans there.  I think a fair few Rangers fans will opt for this game rather than the Stranraer game.  Whole town and from what I can see much of the EoSFL too which is great to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, albynpark said:

We brought over 500 to Inverurie so you'd think we'll bring a bit more since Paisley is closer  but there's no many more people left in the town to bring, it might also depend if Rangers are playing too, unfortunately. 

Every Celtic and Rangers game was broadcast by Premier Sports last season so they're likely to be on TV again - if so it means the Rangers game will be on at a different time from the Broxburn match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

have a look at the website www.broxburnathletic.co.uk for some good info and there's a contact for Jim Provan (our secretary) who could probably help with any info you need or photos.
We brought over 500 to Inverurie so you'd think we'll bring a bit more since Paisley is closer  but there's no many more people left in the town to bring, it might also depend if Rangers are playing too, unfortunately. 
Can't wait



Thanks for that Albyn. An interesting read
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Tickets sensibility priced for the St. Mirren v Broxburn game £15/£5.  

Hopefully a big travelling support and would be great if we can get anywhere near the number Cookie took to Firhill. 

C’mon the Brox 🇲🇨🇲🇨🇲🇨

I thought it would be £25, Christmas bonus as I'm getting 5 tickets 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...